Page 1 of 185 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

Xtreme Guru

Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

Last edited by GAR; 02-25-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Finally we should make this the official thread, Gar have you checked out the new bios? I am thinking there are some quirky little things with F3 that need to be rectified for sure....

Umm the bios is in German or Netherlands or at least the extractor is what's up with that??
    Last edited by Guacamole; 11-26-2008 at 07:05 PM.
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    Core i-7 920 (do) at 4.2Ghz
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)
    MM Duality-EK-Thermochill

Xtreme Addict
    Does this board support SLI?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Does this board support SLI?
    Tri SLI only this one the eVga and the RIIE
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Guacomole View Post
    Finally we should make this the official thread, Gar have you checked out the new bios? I am thinking there are some quirky little things with F3 that need to be rectified for sure....

Umm the bios is in German or Netherlands or at least the extractor is what's up with that??
    Hey bro, i havnt tried it yet, im waiting for results, dont want to be a test dummy hehe.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Hey bro, i havnt tried it yet, im waiting for results, dont want to be a test dummy hehe.
    Yeah I don't mind but my board can't see it once I get on the drive I can't access it thru Qflash it just doesn't see it plus if I flash it in German onto my board I will be screwed on that bios chip...
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Guru
    ok so i passed a couple of hours of prime at 3.8ghz, 19x200qpi, but when i shut down and boot up, the bios resets itself, anyone else have this problem??? And i am not liking the long time it takes for the board to boot. I guess i will get used to it, hopefully future bios's will help the issue, since this board does seem to be the most popular because of all the features, 10 sata ports, 3way sli/crossfire.
    Last edited by GAR; 11-26-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    ok so i passed a couple of hours of prime at 3.8ghz, 19x200qpi, but when i shut down and boot up, the bios resets itself, anyone else have this problem??? And i am not liking the long time it takes for the board to boot. I guess i will get used to it, hopefully future bios's will help the issue, since this board does seem to be the most popular because of all the features, 10 sata ports, 3way sli/crossfire.
    My bios doesn't actually reset but it is retarded I am working on 4.0Ghz at 211Bclk X 19 Multi but when I restart from windows no problem but if I shut the system down and then start it up again it does this weird thing where it starts for a second then shuts down, then starts again and then it will try and post then repost another time and finally I get a beep and away we go but all my settings seem to stay and work fine.. It definitely needs some improvement..... I don't think your bios resets just let it roll and it will boot just all quirky like.. The thing that sucks is that it doesn't do that crap at stock...
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Guru
    My bios doesn't actually reset but it is retarded I am working on 4.0Ghz at 211Bclk X 19 Multi but when I restart from windows no problem but if I shut the system down and then start it up again it does this weird thing where it starts for a second then shuts down, then starts again and then it will try and post then repost another time and finally I get a beep and away we go but all my settings seem to stay and work fine.. It definitely needs some improvement..... I don't think your bios resets just let it roll and it will boot just all quirky like.. The thing that sucks is that it doesn't do that crap at stock...
    Yeah its very annoying, i am hoping for this to be fixed with a future bios, i havnt tried F4D and there is also an F4E i believe.

For me it only resets when something is not stable. For some od reason though if I overclock to much it restarts after failing a boot and then it turns off and stay off, and a yellow light comes on by the memory. I have to unplug the psu and wait till it shuts down and then I can restart the pc.

Xtreme Addict
    Just ordered my Extreme 10 min ago, along with the 3x1 Patriot 1600's and an 920. Should make for some fun.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bench2die View Post
    For me it only resets when something is not stable. For some od reason though if I overclock to much it restarts after failing a boot and then it turns off and stay off, and a yellow light comes on by the memory. I have to unplug the psu and wait till it shuts down and then I can restart the pc.
    Are you on bios F3? It should start again if you just give it a minute I have never had to unplug the PSU or anything like that it always comes back to me.. And I'm stable just can't cold start for s**t....
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard View Post
    Just ordered my Extreme 10 min ago, along with the 3x1 Patriot 1600's and an 920. Should make for some fun.
    That's what is in my EX58 setup. The blue Patriot 3x1GB 1600 Ram and a 920.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...light=gigabyte

ya I am on f3 bios, I have a 965 cpu and the extreme mobo..

Another things its done this with every setup I have had. If I try to restart my system right after shut down I get a yellow light. 790i ultra, 790i ftw digital and now this mobo. I think its the psu, it works fine otherwise....

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bench2die View Post
    Actually my system is stable, passes prime for several hours and it still does it for me.

Xtreme Member
    Actually my system is stable, passes prime for several hours and it still does it for me.
    Hey Gar do you have 4.0Ghz Stable yet? I think I just got it I will post my settings in a few on all the different threads but I just hit 2 hours Prime Stable at 211 Bclk X 19 Multi. This board is running like a champ and the best part is I left everything on auto this round and it has been flawless...
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Thats great news guacomole, look forward to seeing your settings then testing them myself.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyz333 View Post
    Thats great news guacomole, look forward to seeing your settings then testing them myself.
    I posted a pic in the other forum but I think i now have the elusive rock solid 4.0Ghz 920 OC her is a pic of 2 hours prime stable:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Hours.jpg 
Views:	27265 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	89739

Everything on auto

Vcore=1.4125 in bios
    VDram=1.68 in bios
    Loadline enabled
    Ram 9-8-8-24

All CPU stuff off except multi thread.....
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Guru
    I posted a pic in the other forum but I think i now have the elusive rock solid 4.0Ghz 920 OC her is a pic of 2 hours prime stable:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Hours.jpg 
Views:	27265 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	89739

Everything on auto

Vcore=1.4125 in bios
    VDram=1.68 in bios
    Loadline enabled
    Ram 9-8-8-24

All CPU stuff off except multi thread.....
    Im sitting on 3.8ghz for now, i havnt bothered going further, i want 4ghz tho, can you check with easy tune to see what auto setting has put for qpi voltage and cpu pll, thanks.

that temp is right? wich cooler? is normal for Ci7 to have high temps like that?

Nice over anyway.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablero View Post
    that temp is right? wich cooler? is normal for Ci7 to have high temps like that?

Nice over anyway.
    Yeah, core i7 runs pretty hot, load with TRUE 120, 1.25-1.35v is around 70c-85c

Xtreme Member
    Im sitting on 3.8ghz for now, i havnt bothered going further, i want 4ghz tho, can you check with easy tune to see what auto setting has put for qpi voltage and cpu pll, thanks.
    I can't get Easy Tune to install on Vista 64 I have no idea why just doesn't work unless I need to enable it in the bios but I am not sure...
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Guru
    I can't get Easy Tune to install on Vista 64 I have no idea why just doesn't work unless I need to enable it in the bios but I am not sure...
    I got it installed and working fine on vista 64, try reinstalling.

Xtreme Member
    I got it installed and working fine on vista 64, try reinstalling.
    No go but I am priming so when I finish here I will try updating windows and re-installing but it keeps saying windows sockets failed to intialize...

I think my copy of windows is bad I am going to reinstall windows when I am done....

Update I reinstalled windows but I think I got a bad board here something is wrong with this thing, I can't install Easy Tune 6 it just tells me the Intel sockets fail to intialize I am not sure are you on F3 and can you install Easy Tune? Is anyone else having this problem?? The dynamic energy saver will not owrk either.. I don't get it..
    Last edited by Guacamole; 11-27-2008 at 01:39 AM.
    Current:
    Asus P6T-Deluxe
    6 GB Kingston 2000
    Fatality Titanium X-fi
    Antec Quattro Pro 1000W
    Diamond 5970
    Asus 5870 (reference)

Xtreme Member
    Hi
    which bios version are people using

i have stoped @ 190 x 20 which seems to be the sweet spot for temps & volts for now
    it would lock up on the first screen @ 200 x 20
    will work @ 211 x 19 but need much higher volts

still waiting for fuzion v1 1366 bracket
    i am wondering if its worth changing to a Ek Supreme or swifteck gtz with the 1366 bracket
    Coolermaster 700D
    Water cooled CPU & graphic card
    Thermocill 320 & 240 Rad , DDC ultra pump
    I5 2500K L046B582 @4.8
    asrock Z77 Extreme 6
    4 gig Ripsaw 1600
    Corsair C300 128 SSD Boot Drive
    Samsung F3 1TG
    5870 W/C @ 1000 & 1250

Page 1 of 185 12341151101 ... LastLast