Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lexus IS350 0-60 in 4.7 sec

Banned

Lexus IS350 0-60 in 4.7 sec

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjy7GI-y5wQ

Not mine, but my bud did it on his IS350 with cooler temperature. Oh dear.. I luv mine too.

I drive my dad's SC430.... and I must say.... I love it.
    This is my sig.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FoliuS View Post
    I drive my dad's SC430.... and I must say.... I love it.
    cool... my mom had one and I drove it and thought it was very smooth. Turn the ECT on and with near empty tank of gas that car runs.

Xtreme Addict
    Nice. I love the looks of the IS.
    [i5 2500K, ASrock extreme3 gen3, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz, Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum, CM HAF932, Antec Truepower New 650w]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazu View Post
    Nice. I love the looks of the IS.
    I like your avatar! Very cute.

Xtreme Mentor
    I've always felt the IS had a lot of positive potential in its direction. fact I was at the LA auto show earlier today and of course I visited the IS family. Unfortunately though.. I feel the sc430 was one of the worst cars Lexus ever created. Long list of things why, and I'm sure nobody is interested to hear them...regardless anyways. Ig you're interested in aftermarket exhaust systems for the is, I've seen several that have gained 20 whp on the dyno. just google it and they should pop right up
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Member
    It's not specified anywhere but I'm pretty sure the dude in the video is driving the F version. 416hp of goodness. A regular IS350 does 0-60 in about 6sec in the best scenario.
    Asus P4C800ED P-M 730@2.8 7700Cu
    2X1GB OCZ - ATI X800XT AIW - OCZ PS 520W

Xtreme Addict
    I've seen an IS-F in person here in Boston (actually been several new M3's, C63 AMG's and IS-F's around) and it's a beautiful car. Lexus did a great job with the design on this one.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes, the Lexus design team is brilliant.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by NoX View Post
    It's not specified anywhere but I'm pretty sure the dude in the video is driving the F version. 416hp of goodness. A regular IS350 does 0-60 in about 6sec in the best scenario.
    perhaps you've forgotten what a v8 sounds like?
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangyl View Post
    I've seen an IS-F in person here in Boston (actually been several new M3's, C63 AMG's and IS-F's around) and it's a beautiful car. Lexus did a great job with the design on this one.
    Yeah the IS-F is brilliant.
    If I had the cash, it'd be a hard choice between the IS-F and a C63 AMG
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    perhaps you've forgotten what a v8 sounds like?
    You are right. Plus the F has slightly different gauges.
    Asus P4C800ED P-M 730@2.8 7700Cu
    2X1GB OCZ - ATI X800XT AIW - OCZ PS 520W

Xtreme Addict
    I wish my is300 could do that
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoX View Post
    NoX, it's an IS350 in the video. I know this guy, and the driver console gauge shown in the video is IS350. The IS-F has a different instrument gauge design. The IS350 runs 4.9 sec 0-60 in the review sources as well. Check out the updated source on the web.

Speaking of IS-F, they hover around mid 4 seconds + or -.

Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 12-01-2008 at 05:36 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah it's pretty even to 60mph but from that on torque starts to speak and the IS-F is likely to pull ahead of the IS350.
    [i5 2500K, ASrock extreme3 gen3, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz, Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum, CM HAF932, Antec Truepower New 650w]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    I've always felt the IS had a lot of positive potential in its direction. fact I was at the LA auto show earlier today and of course I visited the IS family. Unfortunately though.. I feel the sc430 was one of the worst cars Lexus ever created. Long list of things why, and I'm sure nobody is interested to hear them...regardless anyways. Ig you're interested in aftermarket exhaust systems for the is, I've seen several that have gained 20 whp on the dyno. just google it and they should pop right up
    Actually, I'd like to hear your reasons. I too have a list of why the SC430 is a horrible car, so I'd like to see if we hate it for the same reasons

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazu View Post
    Yeah it's pretty even to 60mph but from that on torque starts to speak and the IS-F is likely to pull ahead of the IS350.
    Yes, to some extent. Actually I know very well about each car's powerband and gears. The IS350 is very well designed for quarter mile performance, not just 0-60. The 1st ~ 3rd gears are awfully strong due to close gear ratios. The 4th ain't bad, still plenty strong and has plenty of pull. The 5th and 6th gears are a little weak, which is meant for fuel economy. This is why the IS350 can almost hang with the IS-F till about 90 mph. The IS-F on the other hand, not only has two extra gears but also very well geared all the way to the top speed. It's not just extra HP and torque but also the gears shorter. In other words, the IS-F is a highway monster. Guys, not trying to put down on the IS-F as this topic is meant for IS350, not IS-F...

Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 12-01-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    The sc430 has many problems, I would say my biggest problem with is that it's branded a sports car, and it clearly isn't. It's performance is pitiful, the engine makes no power for its size and the car is too heavy. It was poorly designed and the stock wheels would of been more at home on a garbage can lid. It was an even bigger mistake making the back seat accessible to "children" if you can manage to make them fit. As a result, there front was cramped to say the least. When you bring a sports car to the market, it should have 3 important aspects. The car should look good, it should handle well, and go fast in a straight line. Lexus got all of those wrong and ruined this generation of the SC sports car. The engine got horrible millage, and anyone would be embarrassed they spent 60 grand on a car that more resembles a tank then a sports car. There is no question as to why Lexus has pulled the next generation SC from the line. The car is too expensive, it is hopelessly impractical and it is easily the dumbest sports car brought to the market in the lass 7 years. When I went to the LA auto show, I was as surprised to find this car, as I was the current gen hybrid honda civic. Both cars are as stale as car styling gets, and both are nauseating to look at.

Banned
    ^ Maybe it wasn't designed/ meant to be a Sports car. Just because it's SC (Sport Coupe) doesn't mean it has to be a Sports car. Don't be expecting BMW M3 or Audi S4 handling out of this car. it has different purpose - Luxury.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post
    ^ Maybe it wasn't designed/ meant to be a Sports car. Just because it's SC (Sport Coupe) doesn't mean it has to be a Sports car. Don't be expecting BMW M3 or Audi S4 handling out of this car. it has different purpose - Luxury.

It's more like a GT is you ask me...ugly as hell too

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post

Except they try and sell it/advertise it as a sports car. It a bit like trying to sell the PS3 as a desktop replacement. Sure it can run Ubuntu but come on, really?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reberto View Post
    Except they try and sell it/advertise it as a sports car. It a bit like trying to sell the PS3 as a desktop replacement. Sure it can run Ubuntu but come on, really?
    Well, not long ago I found out from the Lexus forum that the SC430 and the RX (SUV) vehicles are mainly targeted by women. Lexus put more emphasis on the luxury and premium on the SC430 rather than speed and handling. It's not meant to be a fast car, and has quiet ride even at high speeds, the V8 does it well for this. I have driven this car quite a few times in the past. It is a nicely built car. The dash, door panels, center console, the seats, are built top notch and very rich.

The most sporty-like cars you can get from the Lexus are the IS350 Sport and IS-F.

Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 12-03-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Dont forget the upcoming Lexus LF-A

Xtreme Mentor
    not the best sound exhaust for a v-10 in my opinion.

"Sporting" cars with automatic transmission is the same as overclocking in windows. Real men drive cars with a clutch pedal and overclock in bios.

Having said that, Lexus make some great cars but totally fails at a manual transmission. I test drove a manual IS250 a while back and shifting the gearbox was like stirring a bucket of rocks with a stick.
    Lurking since 2006

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast