Thread: Striker Extreme still going strong

I am Xtreme

Striker Extreme still going strong

I lost abit track of the Striker community after P45... searching on the german Hardwareluxx forum I noticed talk about 18 series bios for our beloved or hated 680i chipset...

I downed 1801 Bios and popped my Striker in the Lian Li... put the E8500 in it and gave her a run for her money (no extreme stuff lads)

I tried 450FSB Linpack stability and a 500FSB 1Mb Pi run.... both worked out of the box, though comparing the results with the current generation mobo's shows clearly the age of 680i...

But anyway for the SE users this bios works nicely with the EO wolfdales (testing it since 3 days, using the SE as my main folding/gaming setup for a while)

Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Mentor
    Nice to see those results Leeghoofd
    Its so sad I gave my Striker Extreme to my brother because I had the worse E6600 that ever came out and I really didnt use that board to its full max. Its still on BIOS 1004 and going strong too, but now with the Striker II, I have no need to keep looking at it.

Anyways, it seems ASUS did a great job upgrading the microcodes and BIOS files. However, I still hear a lot of people having problems when flashing that why Im a bit scare to touch the SE BIOS.
    Hopefully, that board will get more BIOS releases and keep improving.

I am Xtreme
    Yeah the golden rule is for sure valid with this board, if it works DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

haha i still remember you, you were the one that helped me with my overclock back then ;D

Now i got a E6850 and I am tryin to get that baby to 4ghz stable.. but no go~~~ ;D

Glad to see you again !

Xtreme Addict
    I sold mine off to a good friend and he's been running an E8400 at 4ghz and SLI for months now. That board really served me well.