click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

Pics are great Praz ... but when do we get to see a performance review? I hear that the BIOSes are finished ... any truth to that rumor? And I saw that MoboPro have them advertised for pre-order at $299.99. Will they be here before Christmas? Just want to know so I can pick out some matching Lanparty gift wrap ...
    Intel i7 7700K @ 5.1 GHz w/Corsair H115i * ASUS Maximus Hero IX* BIOS 0701 * 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz * 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (RAID 0) * 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (Steam Drive) * 4TB WD Green (Storage) * Corsair HX1000i * Corsair 750D Obsidian Airflow Edition

Banned
    Well if the LT does come in at that price point then it will be a great choice compared to both ASUS's and Gigabtye's main stream solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Well if the LT does come in at that price point then it will be a great choice compared to both ASUS's and Gigabtye's main stream solutions.
    I could care less about the LT version ... this is the one that has to perform as good or better than ASUS's or Gigabyte's main stream solutions. Even at the price offered now *$299.99* that's better than those two. We can only pray and hope that Oskar has been paying serious attention
    Intel i7 7700K @ 5.1 GHz w/Corsair H115i * ASUS Maximus Hero IX* BIOS 0701 * 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz * 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (RAID 0) * 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (Steam Drive) * 4TB WD Green (Storage) * Corsair HX1000i * Corsair 750D Obsidian Airflow Edition

Banned
    The difference between UT and LT is the cooling. Since a fair few people will be putting the board under water, we would like to save our cash and not have to buy all the heat sinks. So while you don't care, a lot of people do.

Now how long do we have to wait for results again?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    at least 9 days. probably more.

couldnt wait anymore. went evga.
    I7 920 @ 4400 TRUE......Q9550 @ 4000
    evga X58.....................DFI LP UT P45 T2R
    Patriot ddr3 1600..........Super Talent 4gb
    HD4890 CF...................9800GX2
    Zalman 1KW.................Corsair 750
    Lian LI V1000B Plus 2.....Lian LI A05b
    Boot Drives are 80gb Velociraptors
    all os vista64 ultimate

Xtreme Member
    Haha I see DFI finally decides that removing the RAM w/o moving the GPU would be a good idea.
    >> i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz | CM212Plus + P12 | P55-UD3R [BIOS F2] | 4GB G.Skill CL8 | Zotac GTX 580
    .: 4 x 1TB WD | Corsair TX750 | Lian Li PC-A70A | X-Fi | Logitech Z-2300

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav451 View Post
    Haha I see DFI finally decides that removing the RAM w/o moving the GPU would be a good idea.
    The board layout will make changing ram easier but removing the video card was never a necessity before anyway. Removing the card was preferred but not required.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    The board layout will make changing ram easier but removing the video card was never a necessity before anyway. Removing the card was preferred but not required.

Well, on the X48 I am having big trouble to change ram on the first two slots. But anyway, this is the least I am looking on a motherboard!

Hope its rock stable with minimum problems (5870x2 working on day of release )

Xtreme Member
    Is that external HSF really needed? Nice showing pictures of a TRUE installed. That's cool.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This board can't do SLI, what a design blunder. I'll scratch it off my list.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
    This board can't do SLI, what a design blunder. I'll scratch it off my list.
    According to the specification pics in the first post it can do SLI...

Xtreme Member
    why cant it do sli? i remember reading that they were one of the board partners that would support it (along with evga etc...)

its only software now. and i believe the first two pci-e's are x16 and the bottom one is locked at x8.

edit: thank you Shiranui
    Case---------CM Cosmos (http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...d.php?t=194812 )
    Power Supply-CM RealPower 850W
    Processor-----Intel Q6600 SLACR @ 3.6ghz 1.44v
    Motherboard--DFI x48 UT-T2R
    RAM----------G Skill Black Pi 2x2GB DDR2-900 @ 450mhz 4-3-3-6 CR1
    GPU----------Dual GTX 275 896MB (usually stock speeds)
    HDD----------Dual VelociRaptor 150GB(Raid 0) 320GB Backup
    Audio--------Razer AC-1 (On sale on woot for 50$ )
    Mouse/KB----Razer Copperhead/Logitech G15
    Watercooling: AquaComputer Cuplex HD, MCW 60's, 2x120mm Radiator, MCP655, EK Multi-Res

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav451 View Post
    Before the memory controller was on the NB. Having low RAM slots to make the memory traces more equal was a good idea for stability and performance.

Now the MC is thankfully on the CPU so no need for that. It's not DFI realizing it, it's a byproduct of the architecture.

It does look good but I already have my board.. It's an advantage to have the board ready on release date.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xdrift0rx View Post
    why cant it do sli?
    edit: thank you Shiranui
    There's only two empty slots between the PCIe slots, all other x58 mobo are three. To do SLI, you need three slots othewise the primary card sucks hot air from the back of the secondary card. And if you do the standard fan fix, (replace the small loud weak irritating stock fan with a common 120mm fan) then there isn't even enough room to plug the cards in the slots. This is why the first thing I do is make sure there's three empty slots between cards. Even three slot clearance is marginal, barely works due to thermal/noise considerations.
    BTW, I just saw the Biostar x58 mobo, they made the same mistake as DFI.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
    There's only two empty slots between the PCIe slots, all other x58 mobo are three.
    There are 2 yellow slots and 1 green slot between the 2 x16 primary PCI-E slots. No matter how I count them they still total 3 by my math.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Well from what I'm seeing the motherboards in terms of OC'ing don't matter as much any more with i7 so even if this board is a pretty decent overclocker I can't see it bringing anything all that great to the table over the Asus and Gigabyte offerings. Before you had to think about reaching high FSB speeds and having a hot NB and needing better NB and SB cooling and so forth. The MC is on-die now and there is no FSB so the differences in OC'ing between all the top x58 boards is going to be minimal from what I've seen so far. There will be more tweakability with the memory of course but right now people are limited by the CPU's and not the motherboards or RAM. In times past DFI boards have always been great overclockers when the motherboard played a vital role in the OC but they were always more of a pain to get setup due to the memory tweaking whereas Asus boards are usually more solid out of the box. Gigabyte boards have been showing to be very solid as well.
    Last edited by burningrave101; 12-02-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    There are 2 yellow slots and 1 green slot between the 2 x16 primary PCI-E slots. No matter how I count them they still total 3 by my math.

Oh, right...never mind, it can do 2x SLI.