Page 344 of 352 FirstFirst ... 244294334341342343344345346347 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 8785

Thread: Picture of the Day

Xtreme Addict
    I thought the F-35 wasn't operative yet.
    Anyway, I really like all those wildlife pictures, specially invertebrates. Please keep posting!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh yea, it's out and about. Marines, Air Force & Navy all have them. There aren't a lot of them (wiki says 100, I'd guess more considering two were at a single air show), but they're out there.

For today's photos, I turned a camera on my camera because it's gripped now and looks sexeh.

...and the back

Wrote a quick review of the grip here at my site. It's not bad for ~1/7 the price of the Canon grip.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Last train to Piraeus

The Loneliness of the Traveler
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    @BenchZowner: the second one is perfect. Excellent composition!

Appetite di Marco88it, su Flickr

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    Oh yea, it's out and about. Marines, Air Force & Navy all have them. There aren't a lot of them (wiki says 100, I'd guess more considering two were at a single air show), but they're out there.

For today's photos, I turned a camera on my camera because it's gripped now and looks sexeh.

...and the back

Wrote a quick review of the grip here at my site. It's not bad for ~1/7 the price of the Canon grip.
    Does the camera feel better in your hands with the grip? I've heard so many people say they were so happy when they got one. It looks to match the body perfectly.

CPU: i7 920 Rock Solid @ 4.1 H.T
    MB: ASUS P6X58D Premium USB 3.0 and SATA3 6GB 32nm Support
    MEMORY: G.SKILL DDR3 2000 CL 8-8-8-21
    HD: PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB SSD OCZ Vertex 60 GB SSD
    GPU: HD 5850 ATI RADEON ATI CrossFireX 1GB GDDR5
    PSU: Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
    COOLING: CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
    MONITOR: Hanns.G 22"
    DUAL BAY HD DOCK: NexStar NST-D200SU 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB 2.0/eSATA
    CASE: CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

Xtreme Member
    Nice shot NeO!

CPU: i7 920 Rock Solid @ 4.1 H.T
    MB: ASUS P6X58D Premium USB 3.0 and SATA3 6GB 32nm Support
    MEMORY: G.SKILL DDR3 2000 CL 8-8-8-21
    HD: PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB SSD OCZ Vertex 60 GB SSD
    GPU: HD 5850 ATI RADEON ATI CrossFireX 1GB GDDR5
    PSU: Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
    COOLING: CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
    MONITOR: Hanns.G 22"
    DUAL BAY HD DOCK: NexStar NST-D200SU 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB 2.0/eSATA
    CASE: CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

Xtreme Addict
    thanks for the review hoki, I know which brand I'll be buying if I ever feel the need for a battery grip, the cheeeepest Nikon branded grip costs nearly $300 here in AU and nearly $400 @ the bricks and mortor stores .........'kin bandits

And the AU retailers complain and wonder why ppl buy online/overseas
    Last edited by alpha0ne; 06-09-2014 at 11:50 PM.
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4hams View Post
    Nice shot NeO!
    Thank you 4hams! I love your car shots!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    thanks for the review hoki, I know which brand I'll be buying if I ever feel the need for a battery grip, the cheeeepest Nikon branded grip costs nearly $300 here in AU and nearly $400 @ the bricks and mortor stores .........'kin bandits

I feel you bro. Bought an original MB-D15 for my Nikon D7100 at an italian online shop: 340 AUD was one of the lower prices.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4hams View Post
    Does the camera feel better in your hands with the grip? I've heard so many people say they were so happy when they got one. It looks to match the body perfectly.
    Yes and no. It's different. Where my left hand used to cradle the lens, now there's the corner of that grip in my palm. It will take some getting used to, and I haven't gotten out to use it for any length of time yet; just to feel it in the hand and mess around in the house to see how it feels. So far I like it though. The extra heft will also take some getting used to, but I think I like that too.

Long story short - undecided. My review focused on the build quality, which is superb for the relatively tiny amount of money. Whether I will use it all the time is up in the air. I'll definitely report back after taking it out more.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post

Quote Originally Posted by .::NeO::. View Post
    I feel you bro. Bought an original MB-D15 for my Nikon D7100 at an italian online shop: 340 AUD was one of the lower prices.
    My goodness...and I thought the Canon versions were expensive at $175! The Neewer version of the MB-D15 on Amazon is $32.95 and is well reviewed there. It might not be the same build quality...indeed for these kind of price differences, I would hope it's not. But, like the Canon version, for that amount of money it doesn't hurt to try it out.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict
    My goodness...and I thought the Canon versions were expensive at $175! The Neewer version of the MB-D15 on Amazon is $32.95 and is well reviewed there. It might not be the same build quality...indeed for these kind of price differences, I would hope it's not. But, like the Canon version, for that amount of money it doesn't hurt to try it out.
    Shot (no..............not with a gun ) this morning, these little birdies can be hard to catch because they move so fast

Brown Honeyeater by alpha0ne, on Flickr
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    nice shot alpha

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks BZ

Last Light by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Xtreme Member

Incoming Storm by kwscore on Flickr
    5D II |14 2.8 |Σ 35 1.4|
    Flickr
    You Dont Need Telescope

Xtreme Enthusiast

Wine by Darakian, on Flickr

Edit: One more

Beer by Darakian, on Flickr
    Last edited by Darakian; 06-16-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Addict
    Gulls, adults only !!

Finished yet by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Was that good for you too by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh my...NSFW birds!

We had a rare vacation last week and went to the Outer Banks. Here's a pier nearly next to the house we stayed at in Nags Head. The EF-S 18-135mm IS gives 6-pointed sunstars in varying degrees of ugliness, but the EF-S 18-55mm IS STM surprised me and gave some nice 12-pointed stars. This was my first attempt ever at long exposure.

70D, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM @ 55mm, f/11, 30sec, ISO 400
    Pier After Dark by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict

Digging for Worms by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Here are a couple of sunset across the sound off the top balcony of the house we stayed at.

Gorgeous Sunset by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Relaxing at Sunset by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Member

Advertising di Marco88it, su Flickr

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I also captured a snapshot of a nice sunset here in Germany, yesterday. I found a spot that might be nice where I will return to with a tripod in the near future, hoping for some good results.

Nikon D610, Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8, Iso 125, 1/30s, f/4, 28mm, handheld, 3 pictures fused with Photomatix
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    I also captured a snapshot of a nice sunset here in Germany, yesterday. I found a spot that might be nice where I will return to with a tripod in the near future, hoping for some good results.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8Custom%29.jpg
    Nikon D610, Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8, Iso 125, 1/30s, f/4, 28mm, handheld, 3 pictures fused with Photomatix
    Nice pic Fr3ak, love the sky!

Pure gold di Marco88it, su Flickr

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    What wonderful colour !!

More birdies

Brown Honeyeater (Lichmera indistincta) by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Honeyeater, Singing Lichenostomus virescens by alpha0ne, on Flickr

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Having some ice cream (something I missed while living in China):

Nikon D61o, Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8, Iso 100, 1/160s, f/10, 28mm
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Page 344 of 352 FirstFirst ... 244294334341342343344345346347 ... LastLast