Page 342 of 352 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343344345 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 8785

Thread: Picture of the Day

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some of you may remember the wonderfully combative goose we had at work. Well, it's brood has grown up, hatched and apparently they all flew the coop over the weekend.

Empty Nest by hokiealumnus, on Flickr
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict
    Been playing around with Lightroom, not sure which one I like, tortured colour or B&W.................comments ??

LonelyBridge-1 by alpha0ne, on Flickr

LonelyBridge-2 by alpha0ne, on Flickr
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I prefer the b&w, but the colored one has something surreal to it, which is quite nice. It still looks a bit too real I think for me to completely like it.

It is still raining here, but I found a nice view of Shenzhen from last summer including smog, clouds and some bits of the heaven on my backup camera:

Panasonic DMC-LX3, Iso 80, f/3.5, 1/100s, 41mm (in 35mm focal length terms)

That almost looks like a nice place to live xD
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @hokie: haha, lol, hope they'll grow up w/ better temper.
    @alpha: I like the b&w too.

Red Dawn by Le ARchie, on Flickr
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @alpha - I prefer the B&W too, fwiw.
    @Fr3ak - That does indeed look like a nice place to live. Even better when you can get above the smog.
    @labs23 - That is a gorgeous dawn!
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Member

Black Stripes di Marco88it, su Flickr

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post

It is still raining here, but I found a nice view of Shenzhen from last summer including smog, clouds and some bits of the heaven on my backup camera:

That almost looks like a nice place to live xD
    It does, nice panorama

looks like the pelicans/other birds that I have no idea what they are called are here for the winter

PelicanEye by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Birrdyes by alpha0ne, on Flickr
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Member

Grab my hand di Marco88it, su Flickr

NooB MOD

Sea Breeze by Jonathan Horne, on Flickr

Canon 600D + Canon 18-55mm zoom, 1/160, f/11, ISO 100, panorama stitched together in Photoshop CS6
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

NooB MOD

Original Sea Breeze by Jonathan Horne, on Flickr

Canon 600D + Canon 18-55mm zoom, 1/160, f/11, ISO 100, panorama stitched together in Photoshop CS6
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Proper train trails shot is very elusive, but I'll find the place and time, it'll be done

Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I am experimenting with real HDRs right now, but couldnt find a suitable scene today.

I noticed once more that I can't really trust my notebook screen for image editing. The colors are way off compared to my phone. Hope to have that fixed once I am back in Germany. This sucks.
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 05-17-2014 at 10:07 AM.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Addict
    ^ those skies/clouds are crazy, never see anything like that here in Oz

More flowers, I have found flowers to be one of the harder subject to capture accurately

RedWhiteGreenLilac by alpha0ne, on Flickr

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    I am experimenting with real HDRs right now, but couldnt find a suitable scene today.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8Custom%29.jpg

I noticed once more that I can't really trust my notebook screen for image editing. The colors are way off compared to my phone. Hope to have that fixed once I am back in Germany. This sucks.
    Colours looks pretty good on my monitor.

Are you using Photomatix Pro?

That's what I am using to merge 3 or 5 bracketed images into a HDR file... I'm not a big fan of HDR images especially with people or things moving around it's hard for me to get rid of the ghosting. BTW really nice pictures

Oh... Hi! di Marco88it, su Flickr

Xtreme Member

Landscape by kwscore on Flickr
    5D II |14 2.8 |Σ 35 1.4|
    Flickr
    You Dont Need Telescope

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Quote Originally Posted by .::NeO::. View Post
    Colours looks pretty good on my monitor.

Are you using Photomatix Pro?

That's what I am using to merge 3 or 5 bracketed images into a HDR file... I'm not a big fan of HDR images especially with people or things moving around it's hard for me to get rid of the ghosting. BTW really nice pictures
    Yes, Photomatix I used it 10 years ago and I must say it advanced quite a lot. It took me a while to figure out how to use the anti ghosting tool, so there is visible ghosting in the palm tree picture. In post processing I also noticed that a different composition, especially for what is sharp in the picture is needed for HDR to get the best look out of it. Considering it was my first try, all handheld, I am quite satisfied with the experiment and will make use of it in the future, given the right scenery for it.

Personally, I don't want to take pictures that look natural. At least not most of the time, so I quite like HDRs

I like your black and white pictures, that zebra looks absolutely stunning.
    オタク

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I like the HDRs Fr3ak, and I like that they're 'cooked' a fair bit. If I want to go realistic, I'll get the scene right, not use HDR. HDR to me is for fun/art, like your stuff.

This weekend was the 2014 MCAS Cherry Point Air Show, and it was a great time! There was a whole lot more flying than I expected and the aircraft (and other Marine vehicles) on display on the ground were very plentiful.

This post will focus on what was my first time attempting to capture aircraft like this in flight. I had read around on the forum prior to going about shutter speeds for aircraft - ~1/2000+ for jets and ~1/60 for good prop blur. Let me tell you, for someone not used to it, 1/60 on a moving target is hard!

Everything here was taken with a 70D and EF-S 18-135mm IS (not the STM version), mostly on Tv (to select jet vs. prop shutter speeds). It is all SOOC, most with heavy crops, because I wasn't able to PP them any better than the camera could. There were a lot of hits and a lot of misses. These are the best from the day. I'll post one aircraft a day so it's split up somewhat.

MiG-17F

This guy was very entertaining. Did you know you can privately own a MiG? This guy did and he flew like it. He (or she) was much more daring then the pilots with government aircraft costing multiple-tens-of-millions of dollars.

MiG-17F by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Here he/she is laying on the afterburner...it was on most of the time the MiG was flying.

MiG-17F Afterburnmcas-mig-01er by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Next up on the agenda we have the Black Diamond Jet Team. These folks were incredible. Flying mere inches from each other, these guys mostly just follow the leader...very, very well. There is little radio chatter when they're doing these incredible maneuvers, they're just ridiculously good pilots.

Black Diamond Jet Team by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Black Diamond Jet Team II by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Black Diamond Jet Team Loops by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Member
    Nice shots Jeremy!

Massive grace di Marco88it, su Flickr

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Great pictures! I have never been to an air show, but it surely looks very interesting to see that many planes up close. I also haven't been to any zoo since I was a small child. Seems like I am missing out on all the fun ;(

Nikon D610, Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 VC USD, Iso 100, F/4, 1/250s, 80mm
    オタク

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You should make a trip! Zoos and wildlife preserves are awesome places to shoot. What's that guy doing with all the pipes?
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This was my first air show in I can't remember how long; I'm sure I was a kid, if I've ever even been to one. If I have, it definitely wasn't like this. The flying was great and seeing the planes up close was a real treat!

These next two are what I was talking about being really hard to shoot at 1/60 sec (and 135mm) while panning, even with IS. They turned out ok though, but many didn't!

Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey II by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

One more to include today is a refueling demonstration. There is a C130 up front, a Harrier on the bottom (left) and an F/A-18 Hornet on the top (right).

C130 Refueling Run by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

I heart gomeler!

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darakian View Post
    What's that guy doing with all the pipes?
    Selling them I assume. There are a lot of shops here stocking millions of the same product, without ever cleaning any of it, so everything just starts to rot.

Don't those planes need a lot of space for the refueling? I should really go to an airshow some day.

Nikon D61o, Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8G, Iso 100, f/1.8, 1/2000s

Nikon D61o, Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8G, Iso 110, f/11, 1/50s
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 05-26-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    オタク

Xtreme Member

Orange di Marco88it, su Flickr

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Page 342 of 352 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343344345 ... LastLast