Page 336 of 352 FirstFirst ... 236286326333334335336337338339346 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 8785

Thread: Picture of the Day

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Stairway to Destruction - http://500px.com/photo/64073725

Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Another great one BZ. Loving that series. I bet it was a lot of fun shooting that.

Here's another color vs. B&W. I think I like the color version of this one better. Obviously B&W is a bit cropped; the sky didn't look right in B&W; just a white blob.

[XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    That building and perspective ( perhaps a little bit wider, hopefully you have some shorter focal length at your disposal ) is perfect for a nice long exposure with cloud movement, and all.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's a great suggestion, but it was as wide as I've got right now - 18 mm (28.8 mm FF equivalent). The perspective could be tilted up a bit to get the bottom portion to the B&W crop point, which would give more sky maybe? It would probably loose a bit of impact at that sharp of an angle though.

Great, now I need to figure out how to get an EF-S 10-22... Sometime in the moderately distant future maybe.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post

Here's another color vs. B&W. I think I like the color version of this one better.
    Agreed, I really like the colour shot though not enough saturation IMO

Great, now I need to figure out how to get an EF-S 10-22... Sometime in the moderately distant future maybe.
    Me too.......................if I win lotto.................and if I can stop looking @ buying a D7000 ~ D7100 every second day

OldBridge-4 @ Flickr

OldBridge-3 @ Flickr
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice pics; you're making me extremely jealous. One of these days it will warm up here.

I'll try increasing saturation, but IIRC it was already raised as far as it could go; any more and the brick started looking a bit too orange.

I heart gomeler!

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Xtreme Addict
    ^ I likes, nice and sharp but a pity about the tat
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    ^ I likes, nice and sharp but a pity about the tat
    Pity?? She's smoking hot. Tats can be really nice on women if done right.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Addict
    After nearly 4 months without any..................................
    clouds in the sky, today they came back, well not many but managed to get a couple of water + clouds scenes, stay tuned

Xtreme Enthusiast

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice! I like the church(?) in the background
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Addict

Sailing @ Flickr

BUZzzzz @ Flickr

BUZzzCROP @ Flickr

Clouds @ Flickr
    Last edited by alpha0ne; 03-22-2014 at 02:16 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darakian View Post
    Very nice! I like the church(?) in the background
    Thanks! It is indeed a church.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow. In case anyone is interested in a body, a refurb Canon 60D (body only) is currently 20% off, selling for $460.79 (plus taxes & shipping). That's insanely cheap for that caliber of camera. I'd buy that before any rebel at that price or above on the market.

I heart gomeler!

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Xtreme Addict
    ^ Is that pollen or photochopped BZ ?

OldTree @ Flickr

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    ^ Is that pollen or photochopped BZ ?
    It's real pollen, no photoshop was done on the photo apart from focus stacking ( merging an amount of photos with different parts of the flower in focus in order to achieve a fully focused photo ).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very cool flower BZ! I took one recently too, but it's not focus stacked and all that fancy stuff. Just a couple snapshots.

The 18-55mm STM kit lens is quite sharp and very good for close-up work when you don't have a macro lens. These flowers are rather small; I'm pretty sure it is a Bradford Pear tree.

In other news, people are suckers for flowers. Posed these two to 500px and they were my first photos to make "Popular"...and they both did it in about ten minutes.

Also, I suuuuck at PP this kind of photo. These are SOOC JPEG and I couldn't get LR to make them anywhere near as good. I'm good at making moody photos as moody (read: dark & contrasty, both color and B&W) as I want, but give me something bright and bubbly like this and the camera beats me every time.

I like that tree alpha, but it may be a little over-saturated for my tastes. Awesome tree though.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict

I like that tree alpha, but it may be a little over-saturated for my tastes. Awesome tree though.
    And mine, I cant help myself

This ones a little better/less saturated

OldTree1 @ Flickr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Now that's more like it. Very nice.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict
    And another that I hope is more true to the actual scene, very little done apart from shadow, vibrancy and exposure, C & C welcome

OldTree0 @ Flickr

NooB MOD
    That one and the one above look a little too HDRy for me. Can you upload a SOOC?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Page 336 of 352 FirstFirst ... 236286326333334335336337338339346 ... LastLast