Page 331 of 352 FirstFirst ... 231281321328329330331332333334341 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 8785

Thread: Picture of the Day

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    Would the two of you care to share EXIF for those two stunning photos?

BZ, was that with a filter?
    D3100
    Sigma 10-20mm f/4.0-5.6 EX DC HSM
    10mm
    1.6 sec
    f/22
    cheap and s.hitty Hama tripod
    PP: Adobe Lightroom 5.0 (adjusted contrast, details and saturation) and GIMP to add my signature

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks! 1.6 sec is a good part of what got that water. I need more time so I can take a tripod places. So far I've only really gotten to the point of taking decent hand-held pictures. Tripods and experimentation could help get that kind of thing.

With a 70D on the way (should be here tomorrow!), hopefully I'll get more time to get out & shoot. Can't wait for spring (and its accompanying colors) to get here.

Anyway, excellent photo, thanks for sharing.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik View Post
    [IMG]http://abload.de/img/_dsc8386zyufw.jpg
    Malik, that is a great photo!!! Is it possible to have it in high res ?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Would the two of you care to share EXIF for those two stunning photos?

BZ, was that with a filter?
    Hi J.

Yes, it was taken with... filters.
    2* ND400 + 1 Circular Polarizer
    Used spot metering to exposure for the ship
    Allowed the camera shutter to stay open for... 93.6s
    and then worked a little bit on the clouds with Viveza 2 ( photoshop plugin ) and played with the grayscale conversion in Photoshop CC.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Amazing work on it, thanks for sharing the details. It's tips like yours & NeO's that help n00bs like myself learn.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Member
    Thanks! 1.6 sec is a good part of what got that water. I need more time so I can take a tripod places. So far I've only really gotten to the point of taking decent hand-held pictures. Tripods and experimentation could help get that kind of thing.

With a 70D on the way (should be here tomorrow!), hopefully I'll get more time to get out & shoot. Can't wait for spring (and its accompanying colors) to get here.

Anyway, excellent photo, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks!

Tripods are awesome in my opinion, I use my tripod for long exposures and for "in-studio" stills. I'm going to upgrade with a good Manfrotto or stuff like that. My tripod worked ok with my old D3100 but it's just too weak for my D7100 + MB-D15 combo.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    A tripod is like a PSU / monitor for the PC.
    It's a buy for good thing.
    Get something solid, futureproof, even if it looks like an overkill, it can save you a lot of bucks.

Especially if you're a fanatic outdoors shooter, in windy days a good tripod is something that makes a huge difference:

With a good tripod you get the shots, without a good tripod, you get no shots, just shaken images.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have a tripod, but it's cheap. My entire allocation of disposable income (read: computer hardware sales) just went to the 70D. I'll have to save up again (it may take a while) before I move to get a better tripod. Good analogy on PSU / monitor though, it makes sense.

EDIT - This is my cheap tripod. It came as a combo package with our Canon HF100 a few years ago.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict
    My first ever pic posted here (or anywhere else), be kind please, I'm new to digital photography and have very little idea as to what I'm doing as yet

Mandurah concert hall on the right, Sebel hotel and marina

Nikon D5200
    VR 18-140 @26mm
    ISO 200
    1/2500
    f/4
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Perfect exposure, decent composition, everything's in focus. I'd say that's pretty good for a first try
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Quote Originally Posted by .::NeO::. View Post
    D3100
    Sigma 10-20mm f/4.0-5.6 EX DC HSM
    10mm
    1.6 sec
    f/22
    cheap and s.hitty Hama tripod
    PP: Adobe Lightroom 5.0 (adjusted contrast, details and saturation) and GIMP to add my signature
    All metadata is editable within Lightroom 5. Have you poked around on the right-hand side of the Library module?

BTW, great shot. Surprised you went for f/22 despite the effect of diffraction.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    Perfect exposure, decent composition, everything's in focus. I'd say that's pretty good for a first try
    Thanks..............that was the best of three of the same shot with different f and iso, in many ways digital is ohhhh so much easier than film BUT you need an eidetic memory to 'member all the settings/options available
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

NooB MOD
    Not posting a picture now, just a small update

Latest additions to my kit:
    Minolta X-300
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7
    Minolta 75-150mm f/4
    Minolta 35-70 f/3.5
    Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 flash

Coming soon:
    Rokkor 50mm f/1.4
    or
    Rokkor 58mm f/1.2

I really want the 58mm, but it's going to depend on how high the bids go...
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    All metadata is editable within Lightroom 5. Have you poked around on the right-hand side of the Library module?

BTW, great shot. Surprised you went for f/22 despite the effect of diffraction.
    Thanks.

No, as I mentioned I only adjusted contrast, exposure, saturation and stuff like that. I tried to generate a more dramatic look editing the same shot in Color Efex Pro plugin with Details Extractor and stuff like that but it was just too much for my taste.

I went with f/22 because sun light was still a bit too strong and I wanted to get that silky effect on the water so I needed to stop down f/ all the way (I did not have ND filters with me)

I've lost a lot, and learned a lot di Marco88it, su Flickr
    Last edited by .::NeO::.; 01-21-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Absolutely beautiful shot Marco!

Here's my random photo of the day. I'm not sure what drew me to this branch TBH, but it did indeed draw me to itself and I had to take a photo. It's certainly not awe-inspiring or anything, but I kind-of like it.

I have the RAW file and might take a chance at B&W on this one. Seems it could use the treatment.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Member
    Absolutely beautiful shot Marco!

Here's my random photo of the day. I'm not sure what drew me to this branch TBH, but it did indeed draw me to itself and I had to take a photo. It's certainly not awe-inspiring or anything, but I kind-of like it.

http://photography.hokiealumnus.com/...8-1f60f629.jpg

I have the RAW file and might take a chance at B&W on this one. Seems it could use the treatment.
    Nice capture, should look great in BW, try it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks! I tried taking the raw playing with it. The thing was screaming for B&W to me, so I converted it and let PS do its 'auto' thing (I couldn't improve changing the color sliders) with the tones, then added heavy vignetting. Voila, a photo with a lot more impact.

Now, I won't do this much...I prefer to get it right the first time and enjoy shooting instead of screwing around in software, but I can definitely see why people enjoy it.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Member
    Thanks! I tried taking the raw playing with it. The thing was screaming for B&W to me, so I converted it and let PS do its 'auto' thing (I couldn't improve changing the color sliders) with the tones, then added heavy vignetting. Voila, a photo with a lot more impact.

http://photography.hokiealumnus.com/...6-bc809566.jpg

Now, I won't do this much...I prefer to get it right the first time and enjoy shooting instead of screwing around in software, but I can definitely see why people enjoy it.
    Yup, a lot better in my opinion.

PP is a big part of what potography is nowdays. I enjoy messing with my shots in PP as much as go out and take pictures

NooB MOD
    I wouldn't say nowadays, almost everything we do in Photoshop could be done in the darkroom.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    I wouldn't say nowadays, almost everything we do in Photoshop could be done in the dark ages.
    But not everyone has/had the means/access to their own darkroom, I think digital has brought to the great unwashed (as in me ) the tools that could only be dreamed of ~20 years ago

Xtreme Member

LV di Marco88it, su Flickr

Xtreme Member
    Finally I had a chance to visit the place my nickname is coming from

river Niger

just another one: http://static3.nagi.ee/i/p/926/5/231512659705de_o.jpg

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice river niger, but you need to level your horizon. Tilt it a little bit so the water line is level and it will look much nicer.
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Addict
    for rent.......on the beach

Last edited by alpha0ne; 01-26-2014 at 01:13 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine

thanks fb for the quality

Page 331 of 352 FirstFirst ... 231281321328329330331332333334341 ... LastLast