Page 339 of 352 FirstFirst ... 239289329336337338339340341342349 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 8785

Thread: Picture of the Day

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    A street lamp:
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 04-17-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Luna, Spica, and Mars

System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    ^ Darn hokie, you dont need a wide angle, I think the colour shot is outstanding !!
    Thanks! Wider would have been cooler, but I'm satisfied with the result. Here's one more subway shot (the last one) at that same station. It's a different angle and this is my favorite of the three.

Cleveland Park Metro - B&W - 01 by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Cleveland Park Metro - Color - 01 by hokiealumnus, on Flickr
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Three Kings
    by Le ARchie, on Flickr
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Addict
    ^ Thanks labs23 for listing the filters used on Flickr, very enlightening for newbies like me
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No problem alpha. I look at some of the best landscape photographers work and gets fascinated on how they work their filters, and what kind where used to achieve the look.

This is a good read, never mind the brand specifics; underlying techniques are just the same. http://singhray.blogspot.com/
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Addict
    ^ Thanks

New Growth @ Flickr
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by labs23 View Post

Three Kings
    by Le ARchie, on Flickr
    Nice photo man.
    Although I'd ditch the GND because you get that slight haloing between the horizon line and the mountains in the background ( although it can be eliminated easily in Photoshop ).
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you. Yeah it does seem a bit distracting once noticed.

I had to use the GND to pull definition from the sky instead of my screw-in CPL, otherwise I can't use the square ND. I've yet to have a 105mm CPL.
    [[Daily R!G]]

flickr

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    You don't want to know the price of a good 105mm CPL
    At least the very top quality ones like Schneider Optics ( B+W ) Kaesemann MRC

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

NooB MOD
    I Googled it and almost had a heart attack, my camera cost less

Oh, here we go http://www.vistek.ca/store/CameraFil...ew-filter.aspx
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

With such a clean horizon, you could also take 2 exposures and just put them together.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input guys. If i wasn't just careless, a slight burn would've reduced it..

The Lee 105mm was never in my consideration because of that price. Sigma, B+W, and Formatt Hitech, and I've already ordered the Hitech as its just the one available here.

Its not glass but CR39 resin looks good on paper, I can live w/ color-cast but hope it doesn't scratch easy.
    [[Daily R!G]]

flickr

I'm glad they work for you.

I'm a fan of combining multiple exposures when possible. Say a sky shot and a ground shot. Maximum control over the exposure. It won't work well in complex scenes that don't have a clear cut horizon, so an HDR merge is needed sometimes. But for on-the-go simplicity's sake, filters are best.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    I'm glad they work for you.

I'm a fan of combining multiple exposures when possible. Say a sky shot and a ground shot. Maximum control over the exposure. It won't work well in complex scenes that don't have a clear cut horizon, so an HDR merge is needed sometimes. But for on-the-go simplicity's sake, filters are best.
    +1 for multiple exposures.
    Not just for exposure, but for focus stacking too.
    Tack sharp photo from the foreground to the very background.

Even with complex scenes with stuff going over the horizon it can be done, not as easily as with clear cut horizons, but it can be done in various ways, some of them are even fast ( for example GND filter @ ACR and lifting the shadows to undo any darkening of the objects that cut through the horizon ).

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Happy Easter everybody!

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    First time I took the wide angle for a walk:
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Addict

Over The Hedge @ Flickr

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    That is a lovely looking sky, alpha0ne. This is what it looks like over here most of the time:

Last edited by Fr3ak; 04-21-2014 at 03:03 AM.
    オタク

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    That is a lovely looking sky, alpha0ne. This is what it looks like over here most of the time:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8Custom%29.jpg

Is that because of bad weather / fog or because of pollution?

Nikkor AF-S 85mm 1.8G di Marco88it, su Flickr

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    NeO, it's mainly because of the pollution, but the humid, windless weather condition in this area surely has an influence on that as well. Even leaving the window open results in a black "dust" on everything in your apartment after just a couple of days and I now life in the outskirts of one of the smaller cities.

オタク

Xtreme Member
    NeO, it's mainly because of the pollution, but the humid, windless weather condition in this area surely has an influence on that as well. Even leaving the window open results in a black "dust" on everything in your apartment after just a couple of days and I now life in the outskirts of one of the smaller cities.

Woah

I didn't know that pollution in that area could "attack" things so fast. I mean I was aware of the high level of air contamination in the area but I'd never imagine that was so high. What impact does this have on people that live there? I mean apart from walking around using masks and stuff like that (here in Milan some people use them since Milan is one of the most polluted big cities of Italy) is there some sort of prevention plan against air pollution? I don't know, some measure that companies and factories are obliged to respect to reduce air contamination?

Sorry for the questions but I like to understand how things work outside the place I live and I get curious when I watch pictures of foreign countries

BTW nice pic

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    People don't wear masks here, occasionally they hold their hands in front of their noses, which of course does not help at all. In general due to the lack of education, most people lack a common sense as Westerners have it and don't understand how everything is connected. As long as factories make money, the circumstances don't matter to them. I found this article earlier, take a look at that to see how the government is acting against the pollution - they just change the scale of what values are dangerous, which is ingenious: http://m.theatlantic.com/internation...ective/360868/

After many years of not being able to have a DSLR, I got my gear last week, so I am still getting into it, quite a lot to learn and get used to. ^^

オタク

Xtreme Addict

I just remember Crysis game when i look to your pictures, thank you for sharing
    Gaming rig;
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    I7-4390K
    G.SKILL Trident X 16GB 2400
    Intel 530 240GB
    2x Asus GTX780
    Corsair AX1200
    HP ZR30w 30
    Win 8.1 pro
    Sound rig;
    Auzen X-Fi H.T. HD --> Yulong D100 MKII --> D-7100

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Page 339 of 352 FirstFirst ... 239289329336337338339340341342349 ... LastLast