Page 341 of 352 FirstFirst ... 241291331338339340341342343344351 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 8785

Thread: Picture of the Day

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    Those duck eyes are fascinating. Never realized they are that nice.
    TBH, neither did I! The light was just right that afternoon. The one that surprised me the most was that white goose's very bright blue eyes.

Love your continued series.
    Quote Originally Posted by labs23 View Post
    @hokiealumnus No pop-up diffuser? Nice. I thought 70D's pop-up flash is just the same as on my Rebel XS. I'm noob w/ flash too but hey, I've used 70D's pop-up flash to trigger my Yongnou.
    Nope, no diffuser on those. It was either full power or -1/3 stop flash eV, bare bulb. I still haven't been able to get a Yongnuo, so I made due with the on-camera. It did a good job at that kind of distance. IIRC, the 70D (and all xxD I think) flashes are a bit more powerful than the Rebel series and they pop up further away from the body.

I like that B&W too; the blurred clouds are a nice touch.

Here's the last of my water fowl from Sunday's outing.

Reflective Swan by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

...and his close-up.

Swan Portrait by hokiealumnus, on Flickr
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great pics all. Bokeh flower here.

_MG_1414
    by Darakian, on Flickr
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Addict
    I really like the close of that goose eye shot hokie, evil, bad tempered creatures IMHO

What image size shots (set in camera) do most ppl take ???, large, medium or small ??

taken just before sunset...................obviously

Burning Tree @ Flickr
    Last edited by alpha0ne; 05-02-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Member

Chillin' di Marco88it, su Flickr

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I really like the close of that goose eye shot hokie, evil, bad tempered creatures IMHO

What image size shots (set in camera) do most ppl take ???, large, medium or small ??
    Thanks! ...you're right, too. That Canadian goose couple is still in our work parking lot and the male has chosen to duel with every car that has a reflective paint job. If he's not sitting in the middle of someone's parking space, he's standing behind or next to another car, hissing and pecking his reflection like a mad bird.

Re: image size - I set Large Fine (the biggest). With a 64GB card, even shooting RAW+JPEG, I can get well over 1000 shots (my shots left counter stops at 999, and usually doesn't move below that, even after a few hundred shots). Shooting the biggest file size enables the ability to crop where I need to. The swan portrait above is very close to a 100% crop (I calculate 97.5%).

Great sunset shot btw; excellent use of the sun lighting up that tree.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice use of the tree alpha!
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    http://ppcdn.500px.org/69081115/ac211d8801a991aa1a8b381c3bc8e58758bb38c3/4.jpg
    Brilliant.

Camera on the left seems like some sort of futuristic big ass rifle shooting lasers and stuff.

I really like it.

Xtreme Addict
    Darn BZ.........as soon as I think I'm starting to get the hang clicking you go and post something like that amazing psycho shot, great work !!!

Obligatory Pic

Bracketed Sun @ Flickr
    Last edited by alpha0ne; 05-02-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member

Sea Shanty di Marco88it, su Flickr

Xtreme Addict
    Too bad about the flare, maybe a better quality CPL would help ????

Twin Suns by alpha0ne, on Flickr

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Too bad about the flare, maybe a better quality CPL would help ????
    With or without a CPL ( whether it's a low quality or a high quality doesn't matter much in this case ) in this case, it's mostly about the lens.
    In cases like this one, if you see flares, if they're in easily removable places, go for it, otherwise move the camera a bit left and right until you get rid of them.
    In this specific case you could move the camera more to the right, in order to give the last building on the right some more breathing room.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lovely bridge bench. That suspension style is fantastic and the current in the river(?) is awesome!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Darakian View Post
    Lovely bridge bench. That suspension style is fantastic and the current in the river(?) is awesome!
    Cheers man!

It's a sea.
    The current you see comes from the tide, it's changing every 6 hours there.

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Wow great pics! Makes me want to go somewhere with nice landscapes, but unfortunately there is no such thing i my area.

Quote Originally Posted by labs23 View Post
    @Fr3ak I like your desolate photos, its haunting and made me think no one must've been living in the area, also kinda reminds me of a picture from Chernobyl.
    That made my day, Chernobyl, haha, nice one! Actually in all the pictures I posted there are people living in the buildings. The weather, the air pollution, the bad build quality and the lack of maintenance pay their toll, so after a while, everything looks like a nuclear fallout area.

Nikon D610, Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/400s
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 05-04-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Addict
    With or without a CPL ( whether it's a low quality or a high quality doesn't matter much in this case ) in this case, it's mostly about the lens.
    In cases like this one, if you see flares, if they're in easily removable places, go for it, otherwise move the camera a bit left and right until you get rid of them.
    In this specific case you could move the camera more to the right, in order to give the last building on the right some more breathing room.
    Thanks BZ, I'll keep that in mind though I didn't know I could remove the flare (yes.......I know I'm a noob ) but will check in lightroom and see if I can fix next time, I only discovered the other day I could reduce the flare by moving left/right

Love the bridge, stunning !!!!!!

Sniffer Dog by alpha0ne, on Flickr

OC Jedi (on stand-by)

Nikon D610, Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 VC USD, Iso 110, 1/80s, f/11, 70mm
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice one! It seems slightly tilted, but I love it! Who's the chick?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Nothing special, place wasn't what I was looking for and hoped to be.
    But... who cares, my evening was kind of adventurous, so it's ok

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darakian View Post
    Nice one! It seems slightly tilted, but I love it! Who's the chick?
    When I was developing that picture I was tilting it right and left, it never looked right, so I went back to that spot the next day to have a look how it looks and it is somewhat weird. The street is indeed not flat, but you might be right, it might need a slight tilt clockwise. Nonetheless that is something I have to work on, especially with the wide angle lens I have to take more care.

I also like that one, looks dangerous as well ^^

It is raining here heavily all day long for quite some time now and I am running out of spots to go to on foot. Hopefully that is going to change soon, now that I also own a tripod and might start doing experiments at night.

Obligatory pic:

Edit: First thing I will buy when I am out of China again, is a decent monitor. Editing pics on this notebook with 1600x900 isn't anything near optimal, at least not for me.
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 05-08-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    オタク

Xtreme Member
    5D II |14 2.8 |Σ 35 1.4|
    Flickr
    You Dont Need Telescope

Xtreme Addict
    Nice...........but what would you have done if a train can along on the other track ?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Nice...........but what would you have done if a train can along on the other track ?
    I'd duck and let it pass above me :p

There's a Greek saying "a Bad dog has no death"... that's me pretty much

Xtreme Member

Crowned Crane di Marco88it, su Flickr

Page 341 of 352 FirstFirst ... 241291331338339340341342343344351 ... LastLast