Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenom II 6 GHz+ OVERCLOCK

Xtreme Member
    Don't know how true but this site shows release dates:

Phenom II Release Dates

Xtreme Member
    ya those are the official dates so far. most here hoped it would be sooner. but its all good.

Banned
    Give the guy some more respect

Remember what he said, it's sports, and it's a challange, you're showing more bias then he is showing atm. Especially sounddood, your 'location' says more about you then you think you're saying about others, and it's not positive

Francois show me

Talk is cheap :p

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post

is Chad Boga your brother?
    Lol I couldn't control myself after I read this line

Xtreme Member
    I have to agree with soundood A LOT.
    And more, I have to say... QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by PetNorth View Post
    I have to agree with soundood A LOT.
    And more, I have to say... QFT.
    yeah, me too. I'm tired of all the interruptions in the middle of the threads. Soundood, made some excellent points.
    secret.com/cache/banner/395499.png[/img][/url]
    rig 1 phenom 9500 ati 3850 biostar 790gx board with 6 gigs of mushkin
    rig 2 phenom 2 x3 720be@3.2 gigabyte ga-ma785 raid-0 4 gigs ddr3 1600
    rig 3 sempron 140@3.1 biostar 790gx a3+

Banned
    Bunch of fanboys

I'm outa here to, don't worry

Xtreme Member
    bye

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwho? View Post
    More like ... how much higher frequency will I get when I LN2
    good to see that AMD is bringing out the best in Intel binning

can we finally have low temp tweaked/binned silicone models finally

nop, I did not try yet, so, let 's see. High clock demonstration by manufacturer is usually very meaning less, since the list of tricks I can pull to increase the speed is almost illimited. We saw a demo of a 4Ghz barcelona, nobody except AMD ever got there.
    I am a very honnest person, so, every body need to understand what I can do ... I can change ratios on the fly, I can unlock parts of the CPU, I can defeature parts of the processors that does not clock well, and everybody who think AMD can not do the same thing is naive
    This is why at the end, what matter is to have a curve with at least 4 frequencies to make sure that nothing was defeatured to get to the high clock (When it is manufacturer demo)

For the moment, I will pull a side those tricks and see what I can get with LN2, and to make sure it is true, I ll do it with a famous OC master , then, I ll pull my tricks ...
    Stay tunes ! fun is coming!

i hope that Francois wont do a demo with "tricks" he mentioned
    whatever you guys do it should be replicated by benchers in XS as well with retail parts......AMD knows if they are going to deceive the public that it will hurt them badly in PR as this is really really big news

if user binned retail parts reach nowhere near 6GHZ+ screens and 5GHz stable on DICE then AMD has a lot to answer for

no dirty tricks please

wow soundood what is your deal man
    Last edited by dinos22; 11-21-2008 at 04:04 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Banned
    This is some good pop corn.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_redfield View Post
    And you clearly are an AMD lover... so where does that leave us?
    in the AMD section with 3 intel fanboys?

Surely its a good idea to find out what your opponent is up to you. Especially if you wish to maintain an educated viewpoint of the market of which you work in. I think its quite cool that someone from intel bothers to sort through these posts in order to offer up an additional and educated viewpoint.
    my opponent? you clearly you see this as some kind of 'head to head', if i want to know what my 'opponent' is up to i will head over to the intel section

OMG!!! You mean PC tech life outside of XS just doesn't exist!!!
    yes it does, but for 'the' extreme mob, this is the place to be

Well...personally I would have put it under LN2 myself but the guy has said that he is capable of doing things that no other OC'er could do so his results would be beyond any mere mortal. But I would kind of like to see what francois could do with Nehalem.
    im sry this isnt brain surgery here, and hes no brain surgeon, this is OC'ing a chip, we can all OC with the best of them, and if you wanna see what he can do with the 'chip' im sure he will post results in the intel section.

Well...fair enough we've been burned by AMD's promises in the past so why should we trust rumours now?

I don't understand your rant going on here for simply offering a different and educated viewpoint. I understand its not one you want to hear but at the same time he has said nothing offensive and has offered up evidence or the promise to obtain it at a future date in order to back up his arguments.
    i never said he was offensive or rude, he seems like a nice guy, i just question his interests in the forum, it all seems a bit like, the 'Intel overclocking Superman' to me.

next he will be posting benches of super PI and cinebench (as he said) telling us how 'so much better core i7 is.

i think they call it, 'blowing ones trumpet'

well he can blow his trumpet over at intel forum, or have the decency to start his own thread instead of hijacking this one.

these intel guys are allways the same

Xtreme Legend
    soundood

i dont know how long you've been around overclocking circles but when we were all growing up on AMDs and kicking Intels arse AMD and many fanboys were shouting from the rooftops challenging intel with many things including SuperPi

AMD was absolutely murdering Intel in SuperPi aside from their mobile chips or those leaky 8GHz P4s hehehe

AMD was the and we all loved and bought crazy amounts of their hardware

So Intel turned the tables with Conroe and burried AMD overnight............... and now AMD doesn't want to know about SuperPi
    WOW surprise surprise

I am not debating the goodness or badness of SuperPi. I am simply stating the obvious hypocritical attitude at the moment

I am sure that AMD has no answer to SuperPi which is fair enough.....i love superpi and will buy hardware that runs it faster but I will also buy AMD from now on if these claims are indeed correct

IF these claims are correct and they were hitting 6.3GHz screens and the CPUs will appear on XS in cherry picked for they will be able to bench at 6GHz fairly easily (reason for big "if" is if they indeed did not play tricks that Francois alluded to)

lets say 5.8GHz and 5.5GHz for crappy CPUs
    Intel is at 4.8-5.2GHz at the moment

AMD will be able to take some benchmarks if they can stay within 10% efficiency of Intel at least

lots of guesswork but all so exciting and confusing atm

we need these CPUs now to test the claims
    Last edited by dinos22; 11-21-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Banned
    in the AMD section with 3 intel fanboys?
    Excellent observation. Makes you wonder why Pro-Intel users come to the AMD forums. I am Pro AMd and have never been in the Intel forum since I've been coming here. I guess with all the rukus AMD affiliates are making over Deneb/Shanghai is making some green....or should I say BLUE with envy.

"NI' STOP TRYNA STEAL AMD'S SHINE!"*The Boondocks*

Stick to ya' guns Soundood!

This thread nor this thread section has nothing to do with Intel. So, let's all get back on topic of how AMD Phenom II rockz!

Xtreme Legend
    this has nothing to do with Intel?
    who are you kidding man
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    this has nothing to do with Intel?
    who are you kidding man
    You know what I mean.

Edit: Though if you don't know what I mean........This thread could have been healthy WITHOUT the Intel comments. If others want to make a comparison then make another thread because most people that are stoked about AMD's upcoming Denebs really don't want to hear the BS......Get it now?
    Last edited by Throwed; 11-21-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Good news for everyone. AMD, Intel, who cares, the more they compete, the better it is for us.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyd View Post
    Good news for everyone. AMD, Intel, who cares, the more they compete, the better it is for us.
    Agreed.. I seem to favor AMD.. but I do like when the two are battling, it makes everything fun for both sides..
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Has the L3 speed been mentioned or hinted at, I've only noticed core clocks?

Xtreme Addict
    -- OFF TOPIC --

Come on peeps, those playing devils advocate, please stop. This is the AMD section so please stick to AMD talk.

There is a thread in the news section which you can go and discuss both companies competing products.

-- ON TOPIC --

One thing is for sure, the whole enthusiast community is waiting to see if the retail chips deliver on what we have been hearing. Things are looking mighty fine, can wait to try a Phenom II out

Seasonic Prime TX-850 Platinum | MSI X570 MEG Unify | Ryzen 5 5800X 2048SUS, TechN AM4 1/2" ID
    32GB Viper Steel 4400, EK Monarch @3733/1866, 1.64v - 13-14-14-14-28-42-224-16-1T-56-0-0
    WD SN850 1TB | Zotac Twin Edge 3070 @2055/1905, Alphacool Eisblock
    2 x Aquacomputer D5 | Eisbecher Helix 250
    EK-CoolStream XE 360 | Thermochill PA120.3 | 6 x Arctic P12

i think the interview on the Hexus tv noted the speed of the L3 cache but i cant remember what it was. If you have not already watched the AMD interview you should

Xtreme Mentor
    he can blow his trumpet over at intel forum, or have the decency to start his own thread instead of hijacking this one.

these intel guys are allways the same

i couldnt agree more
    FX-8350(1249PGT) @ 4.7ghz 1.452v, Swiftech H220x
    Asus Crosshair Formula 5 Am3+ bios v1703
    G.skill Trident X (2x4gb) ~1200mhz @ 10-12-12-31-46-2T @ 1.66v
    MSI 7950 TwinFrozr *1100/1500* Cat.14.9
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    2 x 1TB Samsung SpinpointF3, 2T Samsung
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Xtreme Mentor
    Let's see what it can do on SuperPI, Cinenbench
    well you can always place Cinebench 11 DLLs in Cinebench 10 benchmark
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

ODOC
    wise word Dino and Francois

as Movieman would also say cmon guys take this in a polite way and respect each other

there is no reason to go bsing each other

instead lets help each to push things uh?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post

i hope that Francois wont do a demo with "tricks" he mentioned
    whatever you guys do it should be replicated by benchers in XS as well with retail parts......AMD knows if they are going to deceive the public that it will hurt them badly in PR as this is really really big news

if user binned retail parts reach nowhere near 6GHZ+ screens and 5GHz stable on DICE then AMD has a lot to answer for

no dirty tricks please

Dirty tricks?
    Hand picking CPUs is not considered a dirty trick.
    Switching off the temperature sensor is not a dirty trick either, as long as it is feasible on widely available products.

Another example. I believe it is acceptable to switch off some cores while benching, as long as everybody can do it on their own CPUs.
    It is not necessary for everyone to know how to do it though.

On the other hand I believe that core i7 multi threading gives extremely high 3DMark Vantage CPU scores, without any real gaming benefits.
    Should we consider this to be a dirty trick?
    Last edited by Marios; 11-22-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ok, let s see what the Xtreme community will come up with
    Let's see what will happen when the Intel Guys do LN2 too
    And let's see how the product in the store will look ...
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    He was the first person to ever get one I think.
    If Maaci is hitting those kinds of clocks on LN2 with Dragon Evo...wonder what he would do with a F1 extreme...Sami PM me your info again, time for an upgrade
    Looks like AMD is back in the LN2 game after all this time. Pretty cool
    Nehalem kind of sucks for extreme overclocking on LN2 to be honest. The LN2 party since dothan had to end some time I guess lol.
    AMD Phenom II X2 550@Phenom II X4 B50
    MSI 890GXM-G65
    Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2x2GB
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast