Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenom II 6 GHz+ OVERCLOCK

Unlikely. The Opteron 1356 is a 65nm K10. The 1k series of 45nm Opterons won't come out until after the Denebs do according to the last bit of info I saw on that.

It's unfortunate, because I was going to cheat and have 45nm now by doing that. Now if there were just some decent Socket F boards...
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Unlikely. The Opteron 1356 is a 65nm K10. The 1k series of 45nm Opterons won't come out until after the Denebs do according to the last bit of info I saw on that.

It's unfortunate, because I was going to cheat and have 45nm now by doing that. Now if there were just some decent Socket F boards...
    My apologies, didn't notice that... I was thinking of the same "cheat" also...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gallag View Post
    Are you twelve? Why start another pointless flame war? Also, Some advise. Be nice to people you meet going up the ladder as they are the same people you pass on your way back down.
    Thats what Intel guys should have thought about during all these bad AMD times but no, everyone wants to stomp people who run AMD...........all of a sudden its "why cant we all get along" and "why are you flaimbaiting?" but just a week ago people who read these forums were still having to put up with nonsense.
    AMD 1090T@4.0ghz
    Enzotech sapphire/Mo-Ra extreme rad
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    ht 2400mhz / nb 2400mhz
    12gb Gskill 1300mhz
    HIS HD5970
    Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250
    case: XCLIO A380PLUS-BK

4.61ghz water

4.5ghz superpi 1M 15.585
    http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...rpi4500mhz.jpg
    25,396 06 Phenom 965@ 4.4ghz HIS 5970@960/1260
    21,893 Vantage, Phenom 965 4.2ghz HIS 5970 @960/1260

Phenom 2 125w 965 test results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...d.php?t=117414
    Phenom 2 140w 965 test results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...d.php?t=109214
    Phenom 2 AM2+ 940 cold air results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...ad.php?t=97430

If I dont get every single drop out of my cpu I feel like someone is stealing from me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan7171 View Post
    Thats what Intel guys should have thought about during all these bad AMD times but no, everyone wants to stomp people who run AMD...........all of a sudden its "why cant we all get along" and "why are you flaimbaiting?" but just a week ago people who read these forums were still having to put up with nonsense.
    And what do you mean by this? What is "Intel guys", and AMD guys? I use Intel hardware, does that make me an "Intel guy"?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    And what do you mean by this? What is "Intel guys", and AMD guys? I use Intel hardware, does that make me an "Intel guy"?
    If you dont know who we're talking about I see no reason for you to feel offended in anyway

It's this certain group of people who're indeed having Intel systems and found it needed to trash over AMD, AMD users or just trash anyway. And tbh, although I'd like to help as much people as possible, Ill ignore their threads as much as they trash banged over AMD, AMD users etc.
    Synaptic Overflow

CPU:
    -Intel Core i7 920 3841A522
    --CPU: 4200Mhz| Vcore: +120mV| Uncore: 3200Mhz| VTT: +100mV| Turbo: On| HT: Off
    ---CPU block: EK Supreme Acetal| Radiator: TCF X-Changer 480mm
    Motherboard:
    -Foxconn Bloodrage P06
    --Blck: 200Mhz| QPI: 3600Mhz
    Graphics:
    -Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2
    --GPU: 750Mhz| GDDR: 900Mhz
    RAM:
    -3x 2GB Mushkin XP3-12800
    --Mhz: 800Mhz| Vdimm: 1.65V| Timings: 7-8-7-20-1T
    Storage:
    -3Ware 9650SE-2LP RAID controller
    --2x Western Digital 74GB Raptor RAID 0
    PSU:
    -Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
    -Windows Vista Business x64

ORDERED: Sapphire HD 5970 OC
    LOOKING FOR: 2x G.Skill Falcon II 128GB SSD, Windows 7

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammsteiner View Post
    If you dont know who we're talking about I see no reason for you to feel offended in anyway

It's this certain group of people who're indeed having Intel systems and found it needed to trash over AMD, AMD users or just trash anyway. And tbh, although I'd like to help as much people as possible, Ill ignore their threads as much as they trash banged over AMD, AMD users etc.
    There will always be the fanbois so just ignore it and move on, the NV boys didn't want to believe the ace up the sleeve of ATI that was the HD4000 cards and now the intel fanbois are scared of the Phenom II (really needs a nickname other than P2) but until I see some real benches and the product itself I'm skeptical of anything.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I do want to believe the latest news, but am trying not to get to excited..No one will know for SURE, untill we get retail chips in the hands of testers. It is ok to be skeptical, Just not.."it will never perform, bla, bla..." that is showing a onesided view. As mentioned above, we should try to ignore obvious comments like this. But still try in help the ones that do seem legit. If turned to be not, then ignor.
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Quote Originally Posted by Bgriffs View Post
    There will always be the fanbois so just ignore it and move on, the NV boys didn't want to believe the ace up the sleeve of ATI that was the HD4000 cards and now the intel fanbois are scared of the Phenom II (really needs a nickname other than P2) but until I see some real benches and the product itself I'm skeptical of anything.

In denmark, P2 is the name of the psychiatric hospital
    GA MA790GP-DS4H/PhenomIIX3@X43.75ghz/2xEAH4870TOP/2x2gb OCZ REAPER HPC 1066mhz/XSPC X2O Delta V3/Chill CP-700m/samsungF1 1 TB

Xtreme Addict
    Howbout... Simply Deneb? A name of the chip AND a nickname of the CPU.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    Oh, now no one knows whats been going on for the last 1.5-2 years? you got 1550+ posts dont tell me you havent read all the nonsense going on

Now everyone is innocent? I love it..........I dont really care but watch how many people have to eat humble pie if Phenom 2 is better or equal to intels current offerings.

Just dont come in here acting like everything is ok.......AMD has been eating from Intel people for to long if things change they will be tasting that sour medicine for a while.

I dont feel remorse, I stay in the AMD section and Ill be here this time around also.......no lurking in the Intel section for me now or ever.......I been here since 2002 and I never posted in the intel section even when AMD was doing great against Intel cant say the same about a select few

Anyway Im done with the offtopic.
    AMD 1090T@4.0ghz
    ht 2400mhz / nb 2400mhz
    12gb Gskill 1300mhz
    HIS HD5970
    Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250

4.61ghz water

4.5ghz superpi 1M 15.585

If I dont get every single drop out of my cpu I feel like someone is stealing from me

Brilliant Idiot
    Actually people who prefer AMD ( me ) went to intel because AMD as a company screwed up........If i screw up at my job I do not get rewarded, just the same I will not reward AMD by buying a crap product. Will I buy AMD again? Of course as long as the product is a solid competitor and works good.

I did the same with ATI but instead I bought nothing, I rode out 2x and 3x generation with my x1900xt.

Sometimes in business it takes a business to lose customers and get slammed by word of mouth to get they're ass in gear.

Seems to me I remember this happening around the socket 939 era to intel. IIRC AMD directly challenged Intels dual core cpu line wanted to have a benchoff, Intel already had a bad rap from prescott. This is what it took for intel to get it's ass in gear.

I've always been a fan of AMD and ATI but deep down I'm really the use what works best price/performance guy.

The only people here who should be defending a brand hardcore are major shareholders. Seriously companies come and go and go up and down, get used to it, unless you have miliions invested who cares who's better Today
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Actually people who prefer AMD ( me ) went to intel because AMD as a company screwed up........If i screw up at my job I do not get rewarded, just the same I will not reward AMD by buying a crap product. Will I buy AMD again? Of course as long as the product is a solid competitor and works good.

I did the same with ATI but instead I bought nothing, I rode out 2x and 3x generation with my x1900xt.

Sometimes in business it takes a business to lose customers and get slammed by word of mouth to get they're ass in gear.

Seems to me I remember this happening around the socket 939 era to intel. IIRC AMD directly challenged Intels dual core cpu line wanted to have a benchoff, Intel already had a bad rap from prescott. This is what it took for intel to get it's ass in gear.

I've always been a fan of AMD and ATI but deep down I'm really the use what works best price/performance guy.

The only people here who should be defending a brand hardcore are major shareholders. Seriously companies come and go and go up and down, get used to it, unless you have miliions invested who cares who's better Today
    I just want to use what I want, It has always been AMD, I like pushing hardware to where its not supposed to be especially the underdog!

As for the brand defending.....Maybe you should go to the Intel section and blow that horn.........you think the thousands of bashers out there own Intel stock??
    AMD 1090T@4.0ghz
    ht 2400mhz / nb 2400mhz
    12gb Gskill 1300mhz
    HIS HD5970
    Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250

4.61ghz water

4.5ghz superpi 1M 15.585

Brilliant Idiot
    I just want to use what I want, It has always been AMD, I like pushing hardware to where its not supposed to be especially the underdog!

As for the brand defending.....Maybe you should go to the Intel section and blow that horn.........you think the thousands of bashers out there own Intel stock??
    Totally missed my point...........Nobody should be a fanboy......unless you've got serious money invested in a company..........it's pointless to even argue for eitherside.

I have no problem rooting for the underdog......I used AMD from slot cpu's all the way to 939, they were termed the underdog then but they had a solid product.

I also used a phenom B2, 2.4g stock and it did 2.6.................thats not overclocking, thats sad......I've had horrible chips like a 3000 winnie and at least got 400mhz.

To continue supporting amd would not be an act of fanboism, it would be shear stupidity.

What i'm saying is it's one thing to be a fanboy and another thing just to be dumb as a stump..........

This goes for either brand loyalty parties involved, don't know what else to say but grow up and be the better man....If you didn't get your panties in a bunch they wouldn't do it........If you haven't figured out that thats why people do it then your hopeless.

Now hopefully this thread can get back on track because you sucessfully stooped to they're maturity level and aided them in derailing this thread........
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    Totally missed my point...........Nobody should be a fanboy......unless you've got serious money invested in a company..........it's pointless to even argue for eitherside.

I have no problem rooting for the underdog......I used AMD from slot cpu's all the way to 939, they were termed the underdog then but they had a solid product.

I also used a phenom B2, 2.4g stock and it did 2.6.................thats not overclocking, thats sad......I've had horrible chips like a 3000 winnie and at least got 400mhz.

To continue supporting amd would not be an act of fanboism, it would be shear stupidity.

What i'm saying is it's one thing to be a fanboy and another thing just to be dumb as a stump..........

This goes for either brand loyalty parties involved, don't know what else to say but grow up and be the better man....If you didn't get your panties in a bunch they wouldn't do it........If you haven't figured out that thats why people do it then your hopeless.

Now hopefully this thread can get back on track because you sucessfully stooped to they're maturity level and aided them in derailing this thread........
    This thread and many others have been derailed a long time ago, where were you then? So dont come here now trying to be the savior of threads like Im the one causing a problem, Ive been here and on many other sites to witness the stupidity and stood quiet...so please move on, Im not interested in a lecture

Pm me if you got something else to say........if not put me on ignore.
    Last edited by Titan7171; 11-25-2008 at 02:40 PM.
    AMD 1090T@4.0ghz
    ht 2400mhz / nb 2400mhz
    12gb Gskill 1300mhz
    HIS HD5970
    Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250

4.61ghz water

4.5ghz superpi 1M 15.585

Xtreme Member

Posting the above statement in the AMD section is not conducive to objective discourse. One might take such statements as rude and condesending.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 11-25-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    Phenom 9950BE (125w) 3.2 ghz| ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | 4 Gig Corsair XMS2 (DDR2 800 Mhz) | NV 8800 GTS 512 (G92) | SATA2: 2-SGTE 350; 2-WD 250 | SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM| Apogee GTZ; MCP355; Feser 240 | Creative X-Fi Xtremegamer | VISTA 32-bit |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    One might take such statements as shear stupidity.

my thoughts
    My Heat
    gd-70\955\2x1gbhz1600
    ext-58\920\3x2gb998691
    Expert\170\2x1gbhz

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgriffs View Post
    ....Phenom II (really needs a nickname other than P2) but until I see some real benches and the product itself I'm skeptical of anything.
    wait, I've got it Pii , oh, wait, no no no no, to much nintendo for me

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Posting in the AMD section is rude and condesending.
    Make sure when you quote something you dont CLIP just what you want for firepower, the whole story usually paints a better picture........as exampled
    heatware chew*

I finish my day at work and i click the link to read some good on X's and all i'm greeted with is bull hahahahaha
    secret.com/cache/banner/395499.png[/img][/url]
    rig 1 phenom 9500 ati 3850 biostar 790gx board with 6 gigs of mushkin
    rig 2 phenom 2 x3 720be@3.2 gigabyte ga-ma785 raid-0 4 gigs ddr3 1600
    rig 3 sempron 140@3.1 biostar 790gx a3+

Brilliant Idiot
    Yah sorry dball. Apparently I'm not allowed to be a disgruntled customer after shelling out for a 2.4g Phenom BE platform capable of only 200mhz over stock.....Also apparently some people don't realize because i've been absent how much I have been involved with AMD.

Back on topic, I'm glad AMD got it's act together and patiently awaiting more results/release..........
    Last edited by chew*; 11-25-2008 at 04:30 PM.
    heatware chew*

Banned

A rare beacon of reason in a sea of insanity.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey I had a 9600 BE too, (2.3ghz by the way ) and it did 2.8ghz. not that impressive but still LOL...although the 9850 and the 9950 I had did much better I 3.2ghz rock solid on the 9850BE and 3.4ghz rock solid on the 9950.. I buy AMD not just cause I like AMD, but I have fun with there chips.. Phenom is just fun to play with.. NB OCing, HT OCing, Multi unlock, HT ref OCing.. multiple upon multiple voltages to teak...it's the challenge factor..
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    Hey I had a 9600 BE too, (2.3ghz by the way ) and it did 2.8ghz. not that impressive but still LOL...although the 9850 and the 9950 I had did much better I 3.2ghz rock solid on the 9850BE and 3.4ghz rock solid on the 9950.. I buy AMD not just cause I like AMD, but I have fun with there chips.. Phenom is just fun to play with.. NB OCing, HT OCing, Multi unlock, HT ref OCing.. multiple upon multiple voltages to teak...it's the challenge factor..
    Agreed it's more fun to play with settings but when you spend a week playing with settings and hit a wall of well i guess 300mhz gain with insane volts ( its been awhile could of swore it was 2.4 ) its all for not. My past AMD rigs were tweak for a week then set and forget, not the case with this one. I expected more from a top of the line CPU ( at the time )

Personally the board was lacking in options compared to my reference ATI manta board..... ( I had the asus quadfire board? forgot model )

Orb doesn't lie here's what i had.http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=1343105
    Last edited by chew*; 11-25-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    heatware chew*

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    To the guys dumping on *chew;
    You really did miss his point and if you search back through his posts you'll see one of the biggest supporters of AMD on this forum.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Brilliant Idiot
    thx movieman, sadly this is one of the reasons why s7e9h3n also took an extended leave of abscence.....No respect for longtime contributing members.
    Last edited by chew*; 11-25-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    heatware chew*

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast