Thread: I love Winter

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Northeast Ohio, Where the weather changes every 30 min...

I love Winter

So winter seems to be coming very quickly in the northern hemisphere, at least where I live. Take a look at my load temp on air.

It makes me sad because that's the max vcore I can give the chip on this board. Now post some nice winter load temps.
    Not much to say right now.

Winter is always fun. Air cooling all of a sudden becomes "how I can get my core temp to 10C" just by sitting a board on a table outside.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

No kidding on winter coming. I'm getting my ice scrapers back out this weekend, I've nearly had to scrape my windshield a few times but thankfully not yet thanks to parking facing east and the morning sun melting it off...but that won't be the case much longer!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    yea i was telling my friends about how much i like winter. then i went on to saying i am getting such good temps on my pc and they just stare at me. but winter is cool and i might actually go outside this winter with my pc and see how low i can go.

Xtreme Mentor
    I hate the cold but I do love to steelhead fish.

I've been sleeping with my windows open lol

everyone else in my house got sick, but me lol.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldguy932 View Post
    Take a look at my load temp on air.
    ...My Brisbane X2 4000 reported better temps than that

(sorry, bad joke)...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by karbonkid View Post
    ...My Brisbane X2 4000 reported better temps than that

(sorry, bad joke)...
    I got sempron that reads 0C at stock & overclocked to 3.0ghz every so often
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Northeast Ohio, Where the weather changes every 30 min...
    I haven't met a new sempron that wouldn't hit over 3.1 on air.
    Not much to say right now.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Summer is approaching in the Southern hemisphere.
    But at least I have air conditioning in my room now (which I didn't have last summer)

I keep forgetting about the season inversion between hemispheres. It's getting close to winter here in the north.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I keep forgetting about the season inversion between hemispheres. It's getting close to winter here in the north.
    What did I wake up to this morning????? Yes SNOW..5-6 inches of the white stuff..then weather channel says back up to 12 degrees tomorrow.. and 15 for Halloween
    i7 860 Batch # L933B378
    ASUS Maximus III Formula
    Koolance CPU-360
    G.Skill 1600 7-7-7-24
    Sapphire 5770

i7 860 @ 4.213 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=986383
    Phenom II 550 X4 @4.160(MA790X-UD4P) http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=652117
    Phenom II 550 X2 @ 4.1(MA790X-UD4P) http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=638438
    Kuma 7750 @ 3.5....http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=560031
    Phenom II 940 @4.1<------ http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=501007
    9850BE@3.6------- http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=447465

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
    What did I wake up to this morning????? Yes SNOW..5-6 inches of the white stuff..then weather channel says back up to 12 degrees tomorrow.. and 15 for Halloween
    Just stick your Rad out in the snow...and do some more OCing
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Xtreme Member
    I am so looking forward to this colder weather. Unless my patience gets the better of me and I try DICE first.
    "You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give." --Winston Churchill

3DMark Vantage - 19,552 -- 3DMark06 - 25,066 -- 3DMark05 - 31,688 -- 3DMark03 - 114,287 -- CPU-Z - 4800MHz

Denb vs. Agena - Clock for Clock & Deneb Overclocking Results

My Water Dragon:

CPU: Phenom II 965 BE X4 (CACYC AC 0931DPMW)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech Apogee GTZ (Custom H2O)
    MotherBaord: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
    Bios: 0701
    Graphics: 3x VisionTek 4870 512MB
    Display: HP w2007
    Memory: G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066
    Power: Ultra X3 1000W
    Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 590

Xtreme Member
    My 4200 X2 has not gone over 19C all day. Gotta love the onset of winter. Then again it is going through 2 rads 240mm BIP and 240mm TFC and has an EK Extreme all to itself. Reckon the dual Laing DDCs are holding me back at the mo, too much heat dump!

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Yes I like Winter Very Much in Hawaii ...Very Brisk 85F in the Day spiraling down to a Very Frigid 72 F at Night..............BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....February Temps that is
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    Just stick your Rad out in the snow...and do some more OCing
    Has to change the summer tires first...Now its time for some more OC....
    i7 860 Batch # L933B378
    ASUS Maximus III Formula
    Koolance CPU-360
    G.Skill 1600 7-7-7-24
    Sapphire 5770

i7 860 @ 4.213 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=986383
    Phenom II 550 X4 @4.160(MA790X-UD4P) http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=652117
    Phenom II 550 X2 @ 4.1(MA790X-UD4P) http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=638438
    Kuma 7750 @ 3.5....http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=560031
    Phenom II 940 @4.1<------ http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=501007
    9850BE@3.6------- http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=447465

Xtreme Member
    Cold weather is always better. I hate waking up sweating, it's one of the most annoying feelings in the morning. As for your temps, I wanted to make a vent just for my computer to intake the cold air outside.

Xtreme Mentor
    yeah weather isn't too consistent here yet.

40F degree room plus 1.696 volts (that's what cpu-z read, really 1.650 volts in bios) chip clock to 3.2ghz in vista 64 bit cpu tweak enable max temperature 70C.

no sings of instability at those temperatures. I've got a psycho chip it loves volts and heat lol,
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    yeah weather isn't too consistent here yet.

40F degree room plus 1.696 volts (that's what cpu-z read, really 1.650 volts in bios) chip clock to 3.2ghz in vista 64 bit cpu tweak enable max temperature 70C.

no sings of instability at those temperatures. I've got a psycho chip it loves volts and heat lol,
    what cooling are you using? thats not a great overclock considering the volts and the room temperature.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by roofsniper View Post
    what cooling are you using? thats not a great overclock considering the volts and the room temperature.
    in signature
    I have sunbeam CCF with a scythe ultra kaze 3,000rpm on it. I have the fan on a fan controller. This cpu isn't a great 3.1ghz @ 1.45 in xp 32 bit.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Member
    My vapo reached from 20 degrees celcius room-temperature towards -31 on a LE-1640 and with a 10 degrees celcius around -45 maximum where the coldbug kicked in :P

Xtreme Member
    I love winter !!!! Last weekend i have put my radiator in snow and got 7*C on 2,1V 130nm Athlon64
    24/7 PC: Motherboard : Biostar T-Force I45 || CPU : Intel Pentium D930 @ 5000 Mhz On custom 400W Peltier cooler
    GFX : Sapphire HD2900 Pro 512-bit @875/2200Mhz!!! || RAM :Crucial Ballistix @ 1066mhz 5-5-5-10
    HDD : WD 80Gb SATA + 250Gb WD SATA II || PSU : Akasa paxpower 460W (Blue led fan) + Forton XBooster 300W Mouse : A4 Tech X-718F, Steelpad QcK+
    Audio : Creative SB Audigy 2 Platinum eX + DIY 2.1 Audio system Custom Benchmarking Windows XP SP2

Lan Party PC: DFI LP NF3 250Gb || AMD Athlon64 @ 2,6Ghz || A-Data Vitesta 600 Mhz || 6600GT Passive || 250Gb WD + 40Gb Maxtor
    Notebook: HP 530 Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 || 1Gb 667Mhz RAM || 160Gb HDD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Love that BOINC shot
    Go WCG!

ps: SpeedFan 4.37 is available to download
    IQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

outdated hardware

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Love that BOINC shot
    Go WCG!

ps: SpeedFan 4.37 is available to download