Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1366 mounts for NOL rig....

Xtreme Member

1366 mounts for NOL rig....

Can anybody here help me contact NOL?
    I need a new mounting for the SS he built me a while back to fit a new 1366 rig I am building...
    I sent him a PM here yesterday, but I see he does not seem to be as active in the forum as he once was...and I would like to get this underway asap....

And I do not know if he fabbed his own mounts at that time, or got them with the evap head.....
    I trolled through some old PMs I still have from back during the build...he mentions something about a pic 'Ron' posted at the time as being the evap he used on my rig....this was back in January of '07....
    So I am not sure if I could get the mounts from somebody else right now.....what I need is a new top and bottom mounting plate and maybe some replacement foam insulation tubing and the ring around the socket......

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Good luck getting in contact with him. I paid him for a SS on April 21st. Told it would ship a month ago and then no more contact from him. Too bad as he was very good with pm's and getting a few pics sent. Hope his absence is nothing serious but at this point I've lost faith. Shame, I had a lot of respect for the kid. I'll let those that be get in contact with him now .

Would have had him put a 1366 mount on it but don't think I'll ever hear back from him. Good luck, plenty of great people here that can help you out with the mount if he doesn't step up.

Administrator
    I am not 100% sure but I think he is back in school. I am pretty sure he will be back.

Xtreme Member
    Hope so.....he was a great help and very communicative when I worked with him on building the rig....if he's in school now, I can understand him not being on the forum all the time...
    I hope he checks in soon, I really want to get this going, but I don't know exactly what evap he used or where he got it....phase cooling was new to me at the time.
    I really would hate to have to tear this thing down just to get measurements on the hole size in the current mount......

Xtreme Mentor
    Your build uses a chilly1 evap no?

-> look at the very top sticky of the phase change section

edit: hulioni, he is in college but i would recommend posting a thread about it in the builder relations section... if you have a problem with not getting a unit you paid for, thats the #1 way to keep others from falling into the same problem you have
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post

edit: hulioni, he is in college but i would recommend posting a thread about it in the builder relations section... if you have a problem with not getting a unit you paid for, thats the #1 way to keep others from falling into the same problem you have
    I honestly didn't think it would have to go that far. He was such a good guy up till the point it was supposed to ship out. I know he is at school but but but. Just hope he is ok or I'll fell like an ass. Regardless this will get worked out in the end I'm sure. Just could not bite my tongue anymore. I will make a post in that section next week if I don't hear from him.

Trust me I understand things happen. Not an excuse to stop all communications for over a month though. Hope he does come back.
    Last edited by Hulioni; 11-17-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Xtreme Member

I wish I knew for sure....
    The original mount is made of some kind of white plastic material, about 1/2" thick...the hole seems to be about 2-1/2" diameter or so without taking it apart...inside that is what kinda looks like a black spray can top and there is a c clip on the bottom to allow disassembly.....I had it apart a long while back to add a piece of insulation tubing....
    There was also a backing plate made of the same material, but thinner I believe...
    And the material is not real rugged, it turned brown and even melted on one edge where it was covering some mosfets on an old board....
    So I dunno if that tells some of you exactly what it was or not....
    But thanks again for your help....

Xtreme Mentor
    why don't you take a picture....

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulioni View Post
    I honestly didn't think it would have to go that far. He was such a good guy up till the point it was supposed to ship out. I know he is at school but but but. Just hope he is ok or I'll fell like an ass. Regardless this will get worked out in the end I'm sure. Just could not bite my tongue anymore. I will make a post in that section next week if I don't hear from him.

Trust me I understand things happen. Not an excuse to stop all communications for over a month though. Hope he does come back.
    NOL "IS" a good guy and he "WILL" deliver your SS just give him some time.
    I know it can be frustrating waiting because once upon a time I was waiting too but he will deliver just hang on

And yes he is away at the moment in school and may not have access to the net
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

Xtreme n00berclocker
    He has net access its pretty much a requirement at school. Nol is just a liar he says he will ship but he doesnt do anything and it just sits. Kinda like he said with Sdumper's, my cascade, Andres, and a few other peoples . He said it took him like 2 weeks to crate sdumpers however it would have really taken more like a few hours. He said mine was done a bunch of times but it wasn't when I went to pick it up. To this day it still does not function properly. I am sorry you guys are getting shafted by him but its nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Member
    why don't you take a picture....
    This is about the only pic I have, that I took during a recent mobo upgrade....unless I tear the thing down again to get a pic of the evap itself....and then of course, I could take actual measurements.......I was hoping somebody might recognize the hardware. The mounting plate used to be taller, I cut the top off to clear the mosfet fan above the socket.
    Here goes...

Last edited by harvshark; 11-18-2008 at 08:47 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulioni View Post
    He was such a good guy up till the point it was supposed to ship out.
    You mean until he got your money?

Teyber, have you made anything for 1366? Duniek has, hasn't he?
    Last edited by killermiller; 11-18-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by harvshark View Post
    This is about the only pic I have, that I took during a recent mobo upgrade....unless I tear the thing down again to get a pic of the evap itself....and then of course, I could take actual measurements.......I was hoping somebody might recognize the hardware. The mounting plate used to be taller, I cut the top off to clear the mosfet fan above the socket.
    Here goes...

perfect, old style chilly1 mount
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=207833

Buy that

killer- decided to buy a handful of i7 mounts from duniek while i do my cnc conversion and have been waiting for 4 or so weeks for them

Xtreme Member
    perfect, old style chilly1 mount
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=207833

Buy that

killer- decided to buy a handful of i7 mounts from duniek while i do my cnc conversion and have been waiting for 4 or so weeks for them
    Thank you so much teyber.....I will PM fugger right away...

Xtreme Member
    Thank you so much teyber.....I will PM fugger right away...
    No response from fugger.....or NOL.....guess I will have to try to fab something myself.....

Thanks for trying to help anyway guys.

Later.

Xtreme Member
    No response from fugger.....or NOL.....guess I will have to try to fab something myself.....

Thanks for trying to help anyway guys.

Later.
    FUGGER is a busy guy. I know it's been 12+ hours, but give him another day. Try making a post in his sticky 'Nehalem mounts for chilly1 head' also.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgrios View Post
    FUGGER is a busy guy. I know it's been 12+ hours, but give him another day. Try making a post in his sticky 'Nehalem mounts for chilly1 head' also.
    Actually, it's been 48 hours. But no matter. This is a hobby for him.

I understand he is a busy guy....I am sure like most of us he has a day job to deal with too....so I don't think posting in his thread will make him respond to my PM any quicker...

Maybe this weekend I will get a response.....
    Thanks.
    Last edited by harvshark; 11-20-2008 at 09:22 AM.

-150c Club Member
    He has net access its pretty much a requirement at school. Nol is just a liar he says he will ship but he doesnt do anything and it just sits. Kinda like he said with Sdumper's, my cascade, Andres, and a few other peoples . He said it took him like 2 weeks to crate sdumpers however it would have really taken more like a few hours. He said mine was done a bunch of times but it wasn't when I went to pick it up. To this day it still does not function properly. I am sorry you guys are getting shafted by him but its nothing new.
    Wow, I'm sorry you feel that way

My experience with Nol (Adam) has always been a good one. He strikes me as an individual that is always pushing himself to go beyond what he already knows, and probably sometimes this causes some of his deadlines to stretch out a bit. But I know his intentions are to make good on what he promises, and to ultimately deliver something with exceptional performance (take a look at sdumper's 3-stage cascade).

Also for the money he charges, which in my opinion it is far too little much of the time, it would amaze me if he makes more than minimum wage for his troubles.

And last, but certainly not least, he has always been exceptional at sharing his ideas, and trying to help who ever he can.

As for the present situation, and his lack of presence on the forums; I received the following automated reply when I emailed him today:
    Adam ____ is currently not checking his email; as of September 19th is out of action and recuperating; if the inquiry is a business one, please try the cell phone during normal eastern standard time hours. At this time is excepting no work orders and hopes to be back to forums, life, and business within another few months. Can be found at HRHA Medical Center during normal visiting hours in Room 208; please sign the guest book. Thank you for all your time and care; ~Adam
    This sounds serious
    Last edited by mytekcontrols; 11-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Michael St. Pierre

• Worked 15 years for Polycold Systems
    • Now Self-Employed
    • Manufacture Heat Load Controllers
    • Also do contract service work on Polycold units

Side note: I usually don't respond to PM's or emails regarding the projects that I post in the forums. I feel it's much more fair to all, to answer questions within the forum topics themselves.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by mytekcontrols View Post
    Wow, I'm sorry you feel that way

My experience with Nol (Adam) has always been a good one. He strikes me as an individual that is always pushing himself to go beyond what he already knows, and probably sometimes this causes some of his deadlines to stretch out a bit. But I know his intentions are to make good on what he promises, and to ultimately deliver something with exceptional performance (take a look at sdumper's 3-stage cascade).

Also for the money he charges, which in my opinion it is far too little much of the time, it would amaze me if he makes more than minimum wage for his troubles.

And last, but certainly not least, he has always been exceptional at sharing his ideas, and trying to help who ever he can.

As for the present situation, and his lack of presence on the forums; I received the following automated reply when I emailed him today:

This sounds serious
    cpt planet got screwed my nol. period. I agree with you but you havn't talked about his business practices which is what people are complaining about.

hes going into the medical branch at school, hes probably a intern/ student/ working there.

cheers

Xtreme Member
    I feel I should chime in here, seeing as how it's my thread that started all this......

I was a total noobie when I first started to consider phase cooling as a way to boost my OCs for Seti crunching a couple of years ago. I burnt up a Vapochill trying to chill a quad....it worked for a few weeks, and then rapidly went south.

I ended up here in this forum, started asking questions, and ended up conferring with Adam.....
    I could not have ended up with a better person to deal with....he answered all of my questions (some of which may have seemed a bit foolish to him, but he didn't let on..), exchanged thoughts and information about what I wanted and why, and eventually built me the 'ugly duckling' SS that has been running almost 2 years now 24/7 on one rig or another....and still going strong.

That's why I am trying to get new mounts and insulation for it so I can put it on a new 1366 build....(I got the Rampage II and the 965 yesterday).

So, no matter what the situation currently is (and I truly hope his ills are not tooooo serious), he was a great guy to deal with at the time and I could not say enough good about the way he dealt with me.

Now.....anybody other that FUGGER have a source for a 1366 Chilly 1 mount and insulation? LOL....

Xtreme Mentor
    I feel I should chime in here, seeing as how it's my thread that started all this......

I was a total noobie when I first started to consider phase cooling as a way to boost my OCs for Seti crunching a couple of years ago. I burnt up a Vapochill trying to chill a quad....it worked for a few weeks, and then rapidly went south.

I ended up here in this forum, started asking questions, and ended up conferring with Adam.....
    I could not have ended up with a better person to deal with....he answered all of my questions (some of which may have seemed a bit foolish to him, but he didn't let on..), exchanged thoughts and information about what I wanted and why, and eventually built me the 'ugly duckling' SS that has been running almost 2 years now 24/7 on one rig or another....and still going strong.

That's why I am trying to get new mounts and insulation for it so I can put it on a new 1366 build....(I got the Rampage II and the 965 yesterday).

So, no matter what the situation currently is (and I truly hope his ills are not tooooo serious), he was a great guy to deal with at the time and I could not say enough good about the way he dealt with me.

Now.....anybody other that FUGGER have a source for a 1366 Chilly 1 mount and insulation? LOL....
    FYI, it could be a pita and take a while to get a 1366 mount for your evap, but you WILL be able to get one so no need to stress about have your phase be worthless.

1) fugger
    2) duniek

cheers

Xtreme Member
    FYI, it could be a pita and take a while to get a 1366 mount for your evap, but you WILL be able to get one so no need to stress about have your phase be worthless.

1) fugger
    2) duniek

cheers
    Oh....I would not stress to that point....I do not have ready access to machine tools and such, but I reckon I could fab one myself out of 1/2 Lucite or such if I really had to...

Where should I look for info about what duniek may have? Or should I just PM him as well?

Thank you for your help teyber......

Xtreme Mentor
    just pm duniek.

cheers

-150c Club Member
    cpt planet got screwed my nol. period. I agree with you but you havn't talked about his business practices which is what people are complaining about.
    Yep I don't know much beyond my personal interaction with nol, and as you probably have guessed, he is someone that I respect. And I am truly sorry that cpt planet's situation and/or feelings aren't mutual. But as you said teyber, it seems that the business dealings went sour, and I can understand why someone would get mad over this.

Well enough on that subject already

Glad to see that harvshark is getting the answers he needs
    Michael St. Pierre

• Worked 15 years for Polycold Systems
    • Now Self-Employed
    • Manufacture Heat Load Controllers
    • Also do contract service work on Polycold units

Side note: I usually don't respond to PM's or emails regarding the projects that I post in the forums. I feel it's much more fair to all, to answer questions within the forum topics themselves.

Xtreme Member
    Just PM'd duniek....will go back into stealth lurker mode again...LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast