Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - Movie Trailer

Xtreme Mentor

2012 - Movie Trailer

I despise Roland Emmerich as a director but I have to admit this trailer was cool.

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/2012/30165/hd/480
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I despise Roland Emmerich as a director but I have to admit this trailer was cool.

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/2012/30165/hd/480
    Why despise him?

Baah quicktime trailer...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Why despise him?
    He screwed up a great concept with the original stargate movie. It was outstanding until they walked through the gate and it turned into a cheesy action flick in the desert. Could have been so much more.
    He screwed up Independence Day, another movie that could have been so much more but was turned into a series of one-liners and silly acting. Special effects are not sufficient.
    I actually paid money to see Godzilla. Only movie I have ever walked out on. That was 45 minutes of my life that I can't get back. I luckily managed to avoid 10,000BC, a movie that most say was as bad as the trailers indicated it would be. It's not bad movies that bug me though, it's the opportunity lost movies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XS News
    Emmerich is horrid. What he did to Independence Day was atrocious. He should never have been able to direct again. Never mind the fact that he followed that up with Godzilla. 2 movies that could have been great. This trailer does look creepy though. I guess his talents are in trailers because his full movies suck. Independence Day looked so incredible from the trailer and then it turned into a sitcom.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover77 View Post
    Emmerich is horrid. What he did to Independence Day was atrocious. He should never have been able to direct again. Never mind the fact that he followed that up with Godzilla. 2 movies that could have been great. This trailer does look creepy though. I guess his talents are in trailers because his full movies suck. Independence Day looked so incredible from the trailer and then it turned into a sitcom.
    Exactly.

Personally, it was Independence Day and Stargate that pissed me off so much. SOOOOOOOO much potential, totally squandered, esp with Stargate, a really original concept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice trailer, but like you said there have been too many disappointments; Superman Returns comes to mind – I liked the trailer and cast, but was let down by the movie.

Xtreme Cruncher
    What are you talking about, stargate was an awesome movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Cool trailer for sure. Poor monk.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    Not the second half.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XS News
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    IMO Stargate was a great movie in the beginning. It then turned into your typical summer blockbuster. Typical from Emmerich. If talented directors had done Stargate, Independence Day, and Godzilla they would have been classics. Instead they were over hyped and disappointing. He is the opposite of Midas. His movies are all turds.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    not what I was expecting... I thought it'd eb a horror flick about Sarah Palin winning the Presidential election.

Xtreme Member
    Hey, at least he's not Uwe Boll...

c[_]
    I liked the stargate movie a lot more than the series.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Independence Day was an entertaining move the first time I saw it. I have a hard time watching it now. It would have been nice if he did farcry and bloodrayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    not what I was expecting... I thought it'd eb a horror flick about Sarah Palin winning the Presidential election.
    Maybe that's the climax and the ocean swallowing mountains whole is just the first five minutes.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I luckily managed to avoid 10,000BC, a movie that most say was as bad as the trailers indicated it would be. It's not bad movies that bug me though, it's the opportunity lost movies.
    Actually 10,000 BC isn't that bad. Theres a decent, continuous, un disjointed plot. It made one think TBH, and thats something most movies can't do anyway.

As for Independance day et al... they were blobkbusters. Sure, on an artistic level they were numb, but hey! Most of the US demagraphic wants one liner cheese machines.

Stargate was ok. As STEvil said... better than the series. Recently they got rid of McGyver/R. D. Anderson and the pretty blonde one.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Emermich was a Hills. Clinton boy anyway.

XS News
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazBoy357 View Post
    Hey, at least he's not Uwe Boll...
    But at least with Boll you know the movie is going to suck. With Emmerich the trailer always gets you excited and then the full movie sucks.

Hey Charlie maybe the beginning of the movie is Palin and her voodoo witch doctor priest praying for end times and the calamity ensues.

Xtreme Mentor
    Hey Charlie maybe the beginning of the movie is Palin and her voodoo witch doctor priest praying for end times and the calamity ensues.
    Will we all get Left Behind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XS News
    Always wanted to read that series. And yes I would be Left Behind.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Or another possibility for a title...

2012, Four and Out.

Xtreme Guru
    there would be one hell of a riptide in those waves :p

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hmmm, I graduate in 2012... [hopefully]

I refuse to put apple software on my comp[would you like to install itunes?]uter...

It appears to be something with the apocalypse...
    Dangit I'mma die before I graduate...
    Last edited by [486]; 11-14-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Xtreme Member
    For those of you who won't (or just don't want to) install QuickTime, IMDB has a '2012' Trailer.

Looks interesting. Oh, wait... Woody Harrelson?!?!? Never mind....
    Last edited by SpazBoy357; 11-14-2008 at 10:53 PM.

XS News
    Now that I see the cast it definitely looks like a typical sitcom from Emmerich.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast