Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 3 stager build, part two.

symphy
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post
    building 3 stager is not simple as it looks. Especially with methane. So please don`t tell me that there is no effort from my side.
    What did you do the last week? No update, nothing. You always have an excuse for everything, but in fact you were just not working on that unit. That's what i call "no effort". Building 3 stager is difficult, i know, but if you dont do ANYTHING, you'll never see if the unit works or not.

If you wanna "pile of trash" I can deliver it even in this week. At first it looked like easy job, but it`s not.

I know you are waiting almost 2 years. but we talked a lot of times, that you`re not in hurry and I can finish other delayed units. I finished them and now working on yours.
    That's the point. You just accepted a job without knowing how to do it right. We've all seen that the first try just did not work. You say "now your working on my unit" - what the hell? Which other units you had to finish since the beginnig of this year? If you really were working on this unit you would have posted pics showing the progress INSTANTLY after my last post. But you didn't.

You`ll get working unit which you wanted from me.
    I wish that would be te truth, but it isn't. You're always moving from one deadline to antoher without finishing the job.

Look, you build two stages already, so why isn't there even a design for the third one? If it's that difficult, give it try instead of doing nothing.

But deadline is not moving. Two weeks should be enough to rebuild third stage 3 times. And if you make pics the next time, please take them of the entire unit, not only parts of it.

If there's no acceptable loadtest until the end of this month, we're finished.

-130C Club Member
    Hello

The problem with not "constantly" updates, that I started new job and I can work on weekends, cause I`m so tired. After work I`m going sleep and wake up another day at 5am and go to job and so.

I wanna finish that unit and be clear with delayed units.

I`ll make loadtests. Hope to see good results, gotta new experience from job and will make 3rd stage as it should be done.

I tought that earlier photos show whole unit
    Last edited by LukeXE; 01-17-2009 at 06:40 AM.

symphy
    Hello

The problem with not "constantly" updates, that I started new job and I can work on weekends, cause I`m so tired. After work I`m going sleep and wake up another day at 5am and go to job and so.

I wanna finish that unit and be clear with delayed units.

I`ll make loadtests. Hope to see good results, gotta new experience from job and will make 3rd stage as it should be done.

I tought that earlier photos show whole unit
    FAIL. Between your last update and this weekend was another weekend. Did you just miss to upload the pics? Luke, be honest, nothing is going to happen, and i'm saying this without even rating the build you did until now.

Deadline is not moving. The unit was standing ALL THE TIME inside your cellar for the last two years (am i right? i should be cause you told me that you didn't took the parts for another unit...)

Where are the large compressors i payed for when we discussed the unit? 18000 btu etc.?

I don't want to talk about this topic anymore. Go wo work, hopefully that will bring me at least a part of my money back. Or build that unit until end of this month. Point.

Xtreme Member
    Holy crap! No one told me this thread was da sh/t!
    Man, there is no way in hell I would pay 2000 bucks for a unit that looks like that. That thingy will need maintence and repairs twice a month at minimum. And it doesn't look safe at all. You keep that unit running for 24h straight and it will explode for sure.

I feel so sorry for the poor guy that lost 2000 bucks. The way I see, he already lost 2000 bucks, recieving the unit at the end of the month, or not. There is no way for him to get out of this one winning.

-100c Club
    Simps, may i remind you to f*** out of this thread kindly, you don't help at all

Xtreme Mentor
    simps your post will be deleted. GTFO out of this thread.

all i gotta ask is,

are you drunk?

what you are saying is plain wrong. the unit has been leak free for 2 years, the part that looks like sh~t is the fins on the condenser which can mostly be fixed
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

symphy
    Guys, stop flaming this thread. If he wants to state his opinion... it's okay. There's no need for blaming anybody.

I don't know, but i wouldn't call anybody to be drunk without even having read the last page of the thread.

The unit isn't leak-free for 2 years, luke rebuilded and rebuilded it... i dont know, often enough. This aren't the components i paid for, no idea what he did with them.

Be nice everybody. If some1 read the last pages of this thread, he'll most likely come to the same point like simps...

And, sorry, insulation made of a paper box, to small baseplate, that pipework? ... No one even thought of bent fins...

Xtreme Member
    i would mount the desuperheater in a proper way.

it only lays on top of the coax hx box.

or it wonīt survive the shipping, if it will ever be shipped

are there any high pressure cut off switches installed?
    Last edited by Patrickclouds; 01-19-2009 at 04:45 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by symphy View Post
    And, sorry, insulation made of a paper box, to small baseplate, that pipework? ... No one even thought of bent fins...
    But LukeXEs Units looked to every time like this. And for a 3stage 2000Dollar is super cheap... didn't you know that it will look ghetto as you bought the unit?
    No offence to you or Luke (...)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony View Post
    ....and avoid being a total venting loser!

symphy
    Quote Originally Posted by Moc View Post
    But LukeXEs Units looked to every time like this. And for a 3stage 2000Dollar is super cheap... didn't you know that it will look ghetto as you bought the unit?
    No offence to you or Luke (...)!
    I can accept a unit that actually looks ghetto, but is working fine. As Luke already said, i'm looking for good performance. But there's a big differnece between "not good looking" and botched up.

Beside this, the acutal amount payed for the unit is over 2000USD and i had other offers from builders. It's not super cheap.

-130C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simps View Post
    Holy crap! No one told me this thread was da sh/t!
    Man, there is no way in hell I would pay 2000 bucks for a unit that looks like that. That thingy will need maintence and repairs twice a month at minimum. And it doesn't look safe at all. You keep that unit running for 24h straight and it will explode for sure.

I feel so sorry for the poor guy that lost 2000 bucks. The way I see, he already lost 2000 bucks, recieving the unit at the end of the month, or not. There is no way for him to get out of this one winning.
    It won`t explode. It has relief valve and two cut-off switches.

I see you`re very experienced to know how often units has to be repaired ?

Guys, stop flaming this thread. If he wants to state his opinion... it's okay. There's no need for blaming anybody.

I don't know, but i wouldn't call anybody to be drunk without even having read the last page of the thread.

The unit isn't leak-free for 2 years, luke rebuilded and rebuilded it... i dont know, often enough. This aren't the components i paid for, no idea what he did with them.

fins will be ok, I got tools for that, but will do that as the last thing.

At all, components for your cascade changed...yes...compressors are much more stronger than last ones, which were too small.

Auto-c stage is leak free, it was leak free for almost 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickclouds View Post
    i would mount the desuperheater in a proper way.

it only lays on top of the coax hx box.

or it wonīt survive the shipping, if it will ever be shipped

are there any high pressure cut off switches installed?
    Yes, they are.

Shipping will be safe.

I can accept a unit that actually looks ghetto, but is working fine. As Luke already said, i'm looking for good performance. But there's a big differnece between "not good looking" and botched up.

Beside this, the acutal amount payed for the unit is over 2000USD and i had other offers from builders. It's not super cheap.
    Why you talking about usd, you payed me in euro think about bank transfer rates, bank exchange (I don`t have euro here) and think about that, you payed in two parts, with dissapearing for few months

Xtreme Member
    Luke,

I just finished reading everything on that thread "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

I see you have serious problems going on with your custumers. Problems like refounds, delays, communication, etc.

But it also seens like you have been working hard to clear that mess. After reading everything, I don't think you are a bad person, or that in any moment you tried to fool your customers.
    It really just looks like things got out of control for you, when you started to do a lot of units at once, and all the international shipments, and a lot of problems with units, shipments and personal life happened at same time. You are just one man, not a company. Probably, if you had accepted only a few units at a time, you would have been able to it the right way. The hard part is that even if that is the true, it shouldn't matter for the custumers. The pay, they want you to keep deadline and deliver 100% of what was commited. So even though I believe you had always the best of intentions, I have to stay on the custumers side, because that is the way things should work in business.

Anyway, I hope you can clean everything, and get out of this mess.

But you should really think of building cleaner units. I won't take my comment back on that. A unit that looks like this one (this 3-stage mess) is totally unacceptable for selling to customers. For a personal use, it is fine, but this is not the case.

Anyone saying that the unit is not that bad, is saying this because its not their money paying for it. I doubt any reasonable person, would be happy to pay even 1000 bucks for a unit that looks like that.

Anyway, I wish you the best Luke.

symphy,

I wish you the best too. I hope that luke can find a way, to make, in the end, you happy with your acquisition. But I really doubt that will be possible at this time.

[]'s
    Simps
    Last edited by Simps; 01-19-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Admin
    Oh my goodness I can't believe this goes on and on.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

-130C Club Member
    Goes on and on, but still forward and closer to finish.

Finished 3rd stage, leaktesting Photos today !

-100c Club
    Can't wait!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so ?
    The Devil's Reject

symphy
    Finished 3rd stage, leaktesting Photos today !
    c'mon

Xtreme Member
    i canīt see any pics

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickclouds View Post
    i canīt see any pics
    But what you want see here? Not working cascade?

C2D E8400 E0 @ 4GHz : DFI LANParty X48 UT T3R : Mushkin Black Ascent 2x1GB DDR3 : BFG GTX260 : Corsair HX520W

Xtreme Member
    Why would you say "Photos today", and they show nothing?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryba View Post
    But what you want see here? Not working cascade?
    i hope that it will work but i donīt belive it until i see this unit running with load.

in my opinion that unit is to small calculated in all points, but we will see how much load it can handle.

Xtreme Mentor
    o man hes only got like 5 days left
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

-130C Club Member
    Sorry guys

got a lot of work from sunday, havent do photos actually yet. 2 and 3rd stage holds pressure for 2 days, so I assume everything is okay.

Today around midnight I`ll paste some photos.

-130C Club Member
    ok, gotta 4 photos, unit is insulated in let`s say, 90%. not insulated fully due the leaktest.

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40094vf8.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sa40095qc0.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40096nh7.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40097sr6.jpg

I`ll do better shots tommorow after vacuum and filling with gasses. I`ll do shots in home, not that mess like in cellar.

Not everything connected, like expansion tank, manometers and cut-off switches. Will do that when cascade will work.

L.
    Last edited by LukeXE; 01-27-2009 at 01:57 PM.

symphy
    Cascade is looking better, even it's still a bit ghetto. Well, I expected that .

I'm glad that you finished most of the work before deadline and i'm sure you will finish the entire unit right in time, too (everything beside filling it with some gas...)

Don't hesitate to contact me in ICQ - seems like everything could have a happy end. .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast