Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 stager build, part two.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post
    I don`t have that camera. Pete never sent it to me.

teyber, yeap, that photos are outdated, but I wanted to show how I stage looks.

I`ll show new picks on weekend, if possible.

If someone has any interest to me, please write a PM to me.

ok, went down to the workshop and made few photos by brothers phone, needa find usb cabble and I`ll upload photos.

ok, here you have (photo is really bad...)

unit is uninsulated, just for testing. Clear photos on weekend, with sub ~ -100C stage II
    Awsome nice
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

-130C Club Member
    OK, I`ll got digicam So photos should be much better and often than now

Xtreme Mentor
    Awesome LukeXE not many folks can pull this type of a build off so we are all very curious how it gets done.
    I wish I had your skill level and knowledge!!
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

-130C Club Member
    Thanks, I hope that everything will be okay and we all will see nice loaded temperatures + small unit.

symphy
    Please notice my post in your other thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...150292&page=36

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by VOID WARRANTY View Post
    i guess i should have a contractors license also seeing all the remodeling work i do.......like i said this aint cali
    please no more off topic. You work without your 608 anywhere in the states and you will have fines you won't be able to pay off.

Xtreme Member
    excellent build luke, this thing is going to rock. cant wait to see more updated pics and i like your idea with the mapp gas bottles.

void, you obviously are looking past every precaution posted on these forums. just because you do remodel work every day dosent mean you can put together one of these thing and still have all 5 senses and all extremities left after your done. especially any form of cascade. if you want info i suggest starting at the top at the stickies. i also reccomend reading the ones about safety first especially in your case.
    CM Stacker 830 Classified Scheme *In Progress*
    Antec TPQ-1000
    i7 950
    OCZ Reaper 3x2gb 1066 7-8-8
    Crucial C300 128gb
    HD5850
    Asus Xonar Essence STX

Xtreme Mentor
    yea well if some one is dumb enough to run around doing ac work with out there 608 then thats there problem...you would st you hippie pants if you knew all the people i know that just cut the line,s on scrap AC,s and just let em leak 10 at a time to cash in at the scrap yard...but hey people gota feed there kids and thats just a sign of the times..most people with money arent effected...while the poor are climbing in higher numbers every day so frown upon who ever you want to just dont forget to snut you chin..

What you are saying is illegal and horrible for the environment. You posted a completely random post then posted a total of 6 times in the thread, none of which was relevant to the thread, relevant to phase change, relevant to computers, relevant to the forums. I hope the mods delte your spam, and you stop trolling, and you become concious of a worldwide problem. Are you drunk?

Luke, sorry somebody is spamming where you showcase your work, and sorry its happened 6 times!

Banned
    Void this is the second thread I see you posting in with absolutely no respect for other people, people who have earned that respect and deserve to get it from me and you.

I reported you, let the mods look at your posting habit, but if it where up to me, you will get some time to think about your attitude. And btw, I think this wouldn't be the first time someone gets a perm ban even for talking about the illegal and harmmfull practises you are talking about now

-130C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    Luke, sorry somebody is spamming where you showcase your work, and sorry its happened 6 times!
    Cool, no problem at all.

Today remodeled second stage, vacuuming at this momment.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    post pics to shut up the thread craping

Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    [crapingthread]
    EPA will kick your arse wherever you live. its illegal not just to vent but to work with refrigeration systems without your 608.
    [/crapingthread]
    Keep in mind that if he doesn't live in the United States, then EPA has got absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Anyway, my understanding is that you don't need any kind of permit to simply build a refrigeration system - after all, you're basically just brazing copper tubes together - but it's your acquisition and use of refrigerant gases that falls under EPA legislation. I could be wrong - feel free to politely correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have a cylinder of propane, or methane, ethylene, carbon dioxide or whatever, then you can do whatever you please with it, since it's not a chlorofluorocarbon or a hydrochlorofluorocarbon, and as such, it doesn't fall under EPA's restrictions as a potentially environmentally harmful refrigerant.

Xtreme Mentor
    what illegal practice...building a water chiller from an air conditioner...its completely legal and doesnt involve releasing freon and for every one of my posts theres 2 counter posts from you guys telling me im a bad person and im going to prison and that i better get a license that i dont actually need for what im doing..and on top of that some of you are attacking some of my posts in other threads for the h#ll of it so i could bring those posts into question for any moderator to look since you guys are crying spam cuz you dont like a comment i made..and are taking it personal
    STOP STOP STOP STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD GTFO OF THIS THREAD STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD GTFO

YOU HAVE TURNED THIS THREAD TO . DO NOT REPLY, DO NOT POST IN THE PHASE SECTION AGAIN OR WE WILL CATCH YOU VENTING AND REPORT IT (and make lots of monies)

edit: and yes, you building a chiller is illegal and i can't wait for you to post a thread on it and prove you vented

Banned
    VOID ygpm with the best intentions

Edit:

Guys, he is talking about converting an ac into a chiller by submerging the heat exchanger and that way he's right he isn't going to leak gasses if he doesn't cut any pipes or treis to bend something into a shape which isn't going to bend that way

Sorry VOID_WARRANTY the confusion came from you mentioning pipe cutters in one of your posts, that made me think you where going to cut an unit up for parts and then assemble it. If you don't spring a leak, you're not breaking the law I seen to many threads here about chillers made this way by people without a license to say it's not legal or not advised. Only think I want to say is be carefull The Netherlands is abit below sea level already, I wouldn't want you to contribute to that rising even the slightest bit higher

And start that own thread for your build, you will get much better answers then I think
    Last edited by Marvin_The_Martian; 11-23-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Can a mod please come in here and clean up this damn thread.. Void Warranty crapped on it and now it reeks of off-topic sauce. Would like this thread to be browse able in a few months without having to scroll past a page of off-topic garbage.

Luke, any ETA on when we'll be able to see stage 2 built? If I understand it correctly, the 2nd stage should be a pure R1150 loop. Looking forward to some -90C to -95C shots on the 2nd stage

-130C Club Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Luke, any ETA on when we'll be able to see stage 2 built? If I understand it correctly, the 2nd stage should be a pure R1150 loop. Looking forward to some -90C to -95C shots on the 2nd stage
    Yeap, you undestand me correctly. 2nd stage SHOULD be R1150, pure but...

I think if I could make 1st stage running at -75*C loaded...THEN...

...I could fill 2nd stage with R14 (or with mix with that gass).

then 3st I could fill with methane blend. It should give to me super low temperature on evap. At all 2st with R14 could reach a bit higher discharge pressure than usual, with only -75 @ 1st stage.

But it`s hard thing to do. Everything depend on 1st capacity. It`s complicated, R1150/R744/R290/R507 blend is very hard, for me, to calibrate. I`m fighting with that but...1st design has potential, so I got good feelings.

ETA for 2st running should be in this week. Have to think what I`m expecting from 2nd stage as builder. I think I have to make it running with R14, so I would need to redesign compressor --> oil separator line (R14 flushes oil from oil separator, nobody wants oil in evap at -130C). I could use ZEROL oil or sth, but I`m not sure if I can get it here.

Tomorrow I have talk about job in HVAC job, probably I`ll get that job so I`ll have everything what I need from tools and gases, so I can make more profesionall job.

A lot to think. Have to talk with symphy what he expects from that unit. Things changed a bit, new processors, CB etc. I`m ot sure what he wants right now.
    Last edited by LukeXE; 11-23-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Well it sounds like this thing will potentially be a beast, my only concern would be it being too cold The 1st stage blend in my opinion is too complicated, I'd suggest trying R600/R290/R1150 and cutting out the R744 and R507 if you are still working on that stage. R744 blows as a refrigerant and there's almost no purpose in using R507 when using R290. Just my two cents, take them for what they are worth Looking forward to seeing you complete this thing though!

Champion
    Ok, I understand your point.

I will have digicam in couple of days, depends on postal (tomorrow it will be send). So then I`ll make clear pictures.

I`m building this unit, not from old parts, I`m doing it from parts bought to your unit for your money. Everything, compressors, condensers, evap, heat exchangers, two way cut-off switches etc. I never spent your money for anything else.

I`m going now to shop for some electric stuff to get the electric done (fuses etc) and I`ll borrow digicam to give you 100% proof that it`s your unit and it will be done as it should be. I`ll make paper with todays date.
    From 1st thread... you wrote/show us photos LG compressors for 1st and 2nd stage.

But now what you using in this cascade?
    Compressor on #1 stage is Toshiba 3/4HP. I used captubes, exacly:

190cm of 0,8mm captube for R290
    225cm of 0,8mm captube for R23 or CO2 or R170, depends on what I will have
    240cm of 0,8mm captube for R1150.

And what we you used in Yoto cascade?
    Code:
    Compressors -- Toshiba 3/4HP for I stage

I stage:

190cm of 0,8mm captube for R290
    225cm of 0,8mm captube for R23 or CO2 or R170, depends on what I will have
    240cm of 0,8mm captube for R1150.
    - topic.

I know that I'm not your client and I'm happy with that! You are making bull from trust others ppl.

I'm phase change builder too and I have some units on my account. Few notes from me: this project is big mistake from beggining. You never finish this cascade. B'couse how you want finish it, when you don't have R14?

You can lie ppl here and they trust you... I don't know why but they trust everybody.

C2D E8400 E0 @ 4GHz : DFI LANParty X48 UT T3R : Mushkin Black Ascent 2x1GB DDR3 : BFG GTX260 : Corsair HX520W

-130C Club Member
    Can you read first post, that I noticed, that I used 1st stage from my another project ? What is wrong with quote`n specs of that stage from build for which it was done ?From the beggining of that topic I`m talking about 1st which I had left. And don`t be so sure about R14

I used that autocascade from other customer build, which I had left in my workspace. It`s very strong and has good design, so why not use it.
    Last edited by LukeXE; 11-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Champion
    I`m building this unit, not from old parts, I`m doing it from parts bought to your unit for your money. Everything, compressors, condensers, evap, heat exchangers, two way cut-off switches etc. I never spent your money for anything else.

C2D E8400 E0 @ 4GHz : DFI LANParty X48 UT T3R : Mushkin Black Ascent 2x1GB DDR3 : BFG GTX260 : Corsair HX520W

Xtreme Member
    are there any new pictures from progress?

-130C Club Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post
    So what, those things are from junkjard ? New compressor, new condenser, new heatexchanger. Where is the difference of Toshiba and LG compressor with that same power capacity ?

Where is the difference in evap vs evap, where is difference in plate hx vs plate hx ?? I got tons of that stuff, to all I should stick "bought for ..." ?? and cant use it if it`s not bought originally for that build ?
    Last edited by LukeXE; 11-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Hey Luke. its time you watched your language. I'll ask Ron or someone to come in here and sort this out.

-130C Club Member
    sorry, but how I should react on such a bs...

His posts were already removed once.
    Last edited by LukeXE; 11-23-2008 at 04:34 PM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Put's on mod hat;
    Gentlemen;
    I think it's time some of you took a little vacation from XS so that you can think about your writing style.
    That's the warning.
    Post anything in this thread thats not constructive and your gone till 2009 minimum.
    Capice?
    Thanks for reading.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast