Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1: Lewis has done it!

Xtreme Enthusiast

F1: Lewis has done it!

Probably the best and most tense race I have ever seen. Awesome.

Xtreme Member
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not take the pressure.
    Intel Q6600, 400x9 @ 1.5v, TRUE Black
    DFI Lanparty X48
    OCZ SLI Ready 2 x 2gb DDR-800
    Force 3D 4870X2
    Antec 1200
    G15 Rev.1 + Razer Lachesis
    Samsung 245T 24"
    Sennheiser HD 485
    Logitech Z5500 5.1

Xtreme Cruncher
    W00P

So didn't think he was going to get that!

The boo'ing at the end.

Xtreme Member
    I felt bad for the Ferrari team when they thought they had won it. But the best driver got what he deserved
    Intel Q6600, 400x9 @ 1.5v, TRUE Black
    DFI Lanparty X48
    OCZ SLI Ready 2 x 2gb DDR-800
    Force 3D 4870X2
    Antec 1200
    G15 Rev.1 + Razer Lachesis
    Samsung 245T 24"
    Sennheiser HD 485
    Logitech Z5500 5.1

Xtreme Addict
    Final turn of the final lap of the final race.

Everyone was worried about the Vettle, but forgot about Glock.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Here to help
    Congratulations Lewis

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Cruncher
    Lol the TV put the camera's in the Ferrari garage as Massa hit the end, an they were all cheering, and you see them get the bad news in the shot, 2 seconds later they pull the camera away

Yep - Congrats to the Stevenage lad!

Seeing the ferarri pit crew going 'yay!' then a split second later going 'huh? NOOOOOO!!!' was priceless, a bit like a collective 'luke, i am your father' moment.....although it was more like Lewis Hamilton saying 'who's your daddy?'

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Member
    Lol while I did root for Massa all season long I've gotta congratulate Hamilton for winning the Drivers Championship. Still cannot believe Glock though...wow what a finish to the season.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.31v [L041C123] | Gigabyte P67-UD3P-B3 | Corsair H60 | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 8-9-8-24-1T | Samsung F3 1TB |
    ASUS GTX 670 2GB| PCP&C Silencer 500W | Antec Three Hundred "Blacked Out" | Dell Ultrasharp 23" U2311H IPS 1920x1080

Aussie God
    Impressive race by Phil' Masa
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And so it begins....

Xtreme Addict
    Im surprised that the FIA havent stepped in and said there was some sort of cheating involved and dock hamilton 2 points.

The best driver won the championship and he will win many more.

LOL @ The Animated Pic.

Xtreme Mentor
    Best conclusion to a season in quite some time.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarki View Post
    And so it begins....

That is hilarious.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Banned
    Dang. I really wanted him to have the choker status. Oh well, more ITV worship now.

ITV? F1's been moved to the BBC now

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Legend
    And so it begins....

ROFL good one

i got a better one

check sig
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    ROFL good one

i got a better one

check sig
    Dino your sig says it all!

Glock has McLaren seat guaranteed in 2010!!!!
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

And so it begins....

LOL. Exactly what I thought. I laughed my ass off when i watched that shot.

I saw this thread before I read the race, and despite that my heart about stopped on that last lap.

I think we will be seeing Sebastian Vettle on Merc next year (assuming kov isnt signed already)

ROFL good one

i got a better one

check sig
    LOL. I do have to admit that seemed a bit strange, BUT he was in dry tires. Had he switched to inter's the race result would have been the same.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    LOL. Exactly what I thought. I laughed my ass off when i watched that shot.

I saw this thread before I read the race, and despite that my heart about stopped on that last lap.

I think we will be seeing Sebastian Vettle on Merc next year (assuming kov isnt signed already)

LOL. I do have to admit that seemed a bit strange, BUT he was in dry tires. Had he switched to inter's the race result would have been the same.
    listed to the last 5 minutes of commentary
    should be videos on youtube
    english commentators are talking about Glock's sector times which are all OK (as in there is no chance Hamilton and Vettel will catch him) but they do easily...he was almost pushing himself off with a foot through the last corner...didnt look like he was trying much to me

it was very disappointing to see Lewis "the choker" win a championship like that....
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    listed to the last 5 minutes of commentary
    should be videos on youtube
    english commentators are talking about Glock's sector times which are all OK (as in there is no chance Hamilton and Vettel will catch him) but they do easily...he was almost pushing himself off with a foot through the last corner...didnt look like he was trying much to me

it was very disappointing to see Lewis "the choker" win a championship like that....
    Yeah very strange indeed... Points system is terrible right now .

Massa has more win in a year but no title! Can't even remember when did this happen in the past?
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Xtreme Member
    First: Way to go, Lewis! Enjoy it because Vettel is going to be someone to reckon with next year. Hamilton's dominance in the rain is gone, Vettel is better and he's almost as good in the dry running. If the kid gets a good machine under him, everyone better watch out.

Second: Points system in F1 sucks right now. As much as I can't stand Massa, he should have won the championship. Wins should count for more than they do now. If I remember correctly, the current system was put in place to try and stop Michael Schumacher from running away with the championship year after year. Well, Schumacher is gone and the sport is much more competitive these days. The points system should be changed to reflect it.

Third: Anyone griping about Glock's last lap should just be quiet. Do you honestly believe that anyone in the Toyota pits got in his ear and told him to pull over? They were racing for points in the manufacturers standings just like everyone else. They took a chance staying out on dry tires and it bit them in the ass. If they had come in and changed to wets, their result would have been the same or worse.

Fourth: As much as I like Hamilton, I have to say that I really don't like the way he got the championship. Racing for points just takes the balls out of any form of racing and I almost feel like there should be penalties for doing it. You want to race? Then damn well do it! You want to score points? Get a ball & bat and stay the hell off the track. It's too bad that every sport is about money these days.

Fifth: Bummer about Coulthard's final race ending like that. Still, I think his comments about Nakajima were not called for.

Sixth: I hadn't heard about the TV coverage being handed over to BBC. I hope that it will improve what we get to see. It could hardly get any worse, but I guess there's always room at the bottom. F1 coverage in America is abysmal anyway (always playing behind NASCAR and IRL/CART if it's on at all), it just sucks all the more when the TV feed is crap. You can almost hear the announcers banging their heads against walls sometimes.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If Ferrari International Assistance hadn't made such a piss poor decision at spa Lewis would have been much further ahead on points (and had the same number of wins as Massa). He deserved to win the championship and he did so inspite of the FIA.

Oh and about the points system... I think it works well, consistency aswell as wins are rewarded.
    Last edited by .Logic; 11-04-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Logic View Post
    Oh and about the points system... I think it works well, consistency as well as wins are rewarded.
    I agree that sustained performance should be rewarded, I just hate seeing racers wuss out every year as the teams protect their points lead. I don't tune in to see some guy listen to his pit calculate points on a lap by lap basis, I want to see foot-to-the-floor, balls-to-the-wall RACING!!!

For all the problems with NASCAR, I think the "Chase" format is one thing they did pretty well. It still makes point racing too much a part of things, but at least the days of the championship being decided by September are finished and there are a few good races while the guys at the top fight it out.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazBoy357 View Post
    I agree that sustained performance should be rewarded, I just hate seeing racers wuss out every year as the teams protect their points lead. I don't tune in to see some guy listen to his pit calculate points on a lap by lap basis, I want to see foot-to-the-floor, balls-to-the-wall RACING!!!

For all the problems with NASCAR, I think the "Chase" format is one thing they did pretty well. It still makes point racing too much a part of things, but at least the days of the championship being decided by September are finished and there are a few good races while the guys at the top fight it out.
    And KERS (Kinetic Energy Restore Systems) should definately give you that foot-to-the-floor, balls-to-the-wall racing we all LOVE

I can't wait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast