Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If trying to make a decision on whether or not the buy FC2 read!

Quote Originally Posted by CBird28 View Post
    People really need to learn what a decent game is and stop jumping on the "I hate most modern pc games" bandwagon

i bet all the people who think its rubbish are like cod4 players. and only enjoy games which are succesful online and games they are used to. KIDS

if anyone is reading this looking for a decent fps for offline gameplay... this is definitely worth buying.
    You are wrong.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narmacil View Post
    You are wrong.
    It's an opinion, dude. He can't be wrong.

-Zigosity
    Asus P6T SE || 965 XE @ 4.0GHz [currently OCing]|| OCz DDR3 Plat 3x2Gb 1600 7-7-7-20
    2x Sapphire HD4850 CrossfireX || WD VelociRaptor 300GB || Antec Quattro 1kW PSU

-------------------------------------------------
    Cooling:
    D-Tek FuZion v2 || Swiftech MCR320 || MCP355 w\ XSPC Res Top || Scythe S-Flexes

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good info in here. I was thinking about grabbing this one but, especially considering the recent drop in the Cdn dollar has made this game almost $65 for me, I think I'll pass.

edit: I stand (sit) corrected - Memory Express has it for $50cdn. http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...22457(ME).aspx Will still probably pass though, some of those issues sound pretty aggravating
    Last edited by TedShred; 10-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so. Douglas Adams
    QX9650 @ 3825mhz CoolIT FZone
    2x HD3870X2 @ 845/946mhz air
    Asus Maximus Formula 0907
    2x2048mb OCZ Reaper 8500
    2x Raptor 150G Raid0; 'Cuda 1000G
    1200W Thermaltake
    xFi Extreme Gamer/ Z-5500
    Vista Ult. 64
    Cosmos 1000
    30" NEC

No, it's a statement.
    I was talking about the game, he was talking about the people who play it.
    I was saying there is something wrong with the game, he was saying there is something wrong with the gamers that didn't like it and don't agree with him, even to the point of viewing them as kids.

So he's wrong.
    If he had said : "I think this is a good game despite of what anyone else thinks" then it would have been an opinion and everything would be fine and dandy.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CBird28 View Post
    People really need to learn what a decent game is and stop jumping on the "I hate most modern pc games" bandwagon

i bet all the people who think its rubbish are like cod4 players. and only enjoy games which are succesful online and games they are used to. KIDS

if anyone is reading this looking for a decent fps for offline gameplay... this is definitely worth buying.

It is the singleplayer people that are looking for these kind of games. I dont know were you been in the last couple of years. Or you just accept anything that is being shoved down your throat. But quality of PC games are diminishing rapidly. Hence the prejudice of this particular title. And wherever i look i only see negative experience with this game also. Decami just saved me some hard earned money and obvious annoyances. That life is to short to waste time on.
    Intel is like Egypt in Rome:total war

Xtreme Addict
    The more i play it the less i like it.
    My AK-47 has jammed on me once in 15 years.

In the game it jams all the time, well if it isnt
    blowing up in my hands
    I even bought the upgrades for it

IMO i wasted my money.
    Will only play it if im really bored.
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, that's right. I saw a show awhile back about the AK47's reliabilty - they took an AK47, buried it in the sand, then submersed it under water, then ran over it with a big truck. It fired like it was brand new. Geez, if they wanted to add weapon reliability as a cool realism feature, they really shoulda clued into that.
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so. Douglas Adams
    QX9650 @ 3825mhz CoolIT FZone
    2x HD3870X2 @ 845/946mhz air
    Asus Maximus Formula 0907
    2x2048mb OCZ Reaper 8500
    2x Raptor 150G Raid0; 'Cuda 1000G
    1200W Thermaltake
    xFi Extreme Gamer/ Z-5500
    Vista Ult. 64
    Cosmos 1000
    30" NEC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you come in here, praising that this game is good and in total denial, please explain why the problems pointed out in this thread by so many are a GOOD THING in the game!!

The problems we have pointed out EXIST in the game, and are problems to very many people. There is no denying the fact that these problems exist and we are just pointing them out for people trying to make a decision on buying this game, cause we feel our money was wasted and want to give people a heads up.

So before you come in here praising the games god worthy gameplay, remember that. You can like it all you want and thats your thing, and you can argue all day long about how YOU think its great, but that is not why I started this thread.

The thread is called "If trying to make a decision on whether or not to buy FC2 read!" not "Far Cry 2 debate"

I for one am not jumping on I hate bandwagon, I am a very open individual when it comes to games, and this game is horrible, not the idea, but the way it was done, there are so many little things wrong with it, it interferes with the way the game is played. So please dont jump in here talking crap for no reason just because people dont agree with you and have a different opinion of the game, if you hyped the crap out of this game for yourself and are in total denial of its problems, MAJOR problems, then thats your fault not ours!

Its funny how those of us who accept this game as crap are listing multiple things about it and explaining whats good and whats bad and listing the problems. Then the ones who are praising it, their post consists of....your wrong your wrong, your jsut hating it for no reason, your playing it wrong, its worth buying it, with no explanation on why.
    Last edited by Decami; 10-26-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Member
    Can any of you guys who have the game write a review of the multilayer experience please. I really love games with fun multilayer. A single player game is fun until you beat it and than it kind of gets boring. I really hope the multilayer component is fun.
    i9 9900K/1080 Ti

Xtreme Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDiv View Post
    Can any of you guys who have the game write a review of the multilayer experience please. I really love games with fun multilayer. A single player game is fun until you beat it and than it kind of gets boring. I really hope the multilayer component is fun.
    How about a short summary?

The multi-player while fun has some major flaws in terms of connection, servers, interface. I am not talking about game play as I feel it's a hell of a lot of fun regardless of the game type. Now here are my issues with the technical side of things;

1: Connection to servers: It is Xbox Live style copied to a T. I feel like I was trying to access a Halo 3 match when I first tried to connect. Now granted there is an option to view current servers, however you cannot join a match in progress and there currently is no filter to remove those form the list.

2: Connecting to the "Official FC2" server: I understand this must be in place in order to keep correct stats and load outs but I should NEVER have an issue trying to connect to it. There a times where I will have to try 3-4 times before it accepts me. This is very reminiscent to connecting to "Official BF2" servers before the fixed it.

3: Joining a game: Once you are past the initial MP connect screens and accepted into the player pool it attempts to find appropriate games available based upon player rank. This is all fine and dandy however, I seem to be connecting and disconnecting from at least 4-7 hosts before it finds the right one. This becomes extremely annoying.

4: Buddy System: There is none, no easy way to connect and play with your friends. The only way I see fit is scowering the match list or direct connect both which aren't really convenient or anyone.

Just about everything listed can be solved with patches, very large and daunting patches. Lets hope they listen up to the PC community.

Enough griping, now on to the good parts; game play.

I thoroughly enjoy just about all aspects of it.

1. Deathmatch: Fun and quite hectic on smaller maps you can really feel a sense or urgency. On the larger maps though snipers can become a pain as they will pick you off from afar before you can act.

2. Team DM: I feel is fantastic on large maps only and if you can get good team work going you will dominate even with newer players.

I haven't played enough of the other two game types to really give a through opinion so ill update.

Let me know if you have any other questions about MP.

Cheers.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    *Anxiously awaits Yahtzee's review of this game.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kadozer View Post
    *Anxiously awaits Yahtzee's review of this game.
    yeah just remembered him, havent visited the site in a month, i need to go over there and see what I have missed, that guy is awesome.

I assure you he will rip this game apart, limb from limb.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Addict
    My opinion on FC2:

graphics are ok, not awesome but also not rubbish.
    Africa? something else than ww2, so I cant complain.

AI, dumbest and smartest enemies at the same time, its really strange, they see a vehicle approaching their checkpoint and know from several hundred meters away that you are the enemy, but then start shooting at you with a shotgun over a distance where only a sniper rifle could work.

The weapons jam far too often.

Where is the open world? I'm sorry, I coudn't find it yet.

Missions sometimes don't update properly.

Now for the worst thing...
    You move the mouse and fire, the bullet goes somewhere in the air because the mouse moves far slower than in other games, hard to explain, but it's almost like there would be someone standing besides you trying to prevent you from moving the mouse.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree very much with what others have said. I really haven't found the game fun at all. Some of the graphics features, particularly lighting are good, but otherwise, I think Crysis puts it to absolute shame. I find the game monotonous, boring, and what someone said above is exactly true -- the field of visions SUCKS. You can barely see the enemies when they're right in front of you. The more I play it, and for $50 I will definitely play it all the way through, the more and more convinced I become that this will be one of those games that just goes right up on ebay when I'm done with it as so far I have ZERO desire to play it again. Give me Crysis 2!!!
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4
    AMD FX 8350
    Kingston 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3 1333
    Gigabyte NVidia GTX 680 2GB
    Silverstone 1000W PSU

Xtreme Addict
    I give all these games a try after 3+ months of patching and modding. it's sad, really

i think call of duty 4 is the only game that was polished enough to play out of the box

Banned
    I'm having buyer's remorse...and I didn't even buy the game.

Banned
    I am not having the issues where they find me no matter what, dunno why if every 1 else is

Banned
    i just want the game to end... i've been trying like mad to finish it...
    with the forced break(crash) every 15 minutes and all these side and health missions not to mention the outposts, its taking me ages....
    if it turns out i'm only half way thru i'm gonna have to put it down while i play an exciting game like dead space...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    IMO, anyone even on the fence about buying FC2, should shelve this until its (hopefully) patched, and pick up Fallout 3!

Fallout3 is fantastic so far and well worth the 50 clams. Please dont pirate it thou! PC gaming needs to support the truly great titles that come out..
    i7-2600K @ 4806Mhz 102.3x47 1.368v LinX stable
    MSI P67 GD-80
    16Gb Corsair 8-8-8-24 1T 818.2Mhz
    MSI GTX560Ti 1005/2250 1.062v
    Crucial m4 256Gb SSD
    Corsair TX850 | 64bit WIN7 Pro
    Custom watercooling
    47" 1080p LCD | Onkyo 876/ Polk 5.1 surround

Xtreme Member
    One of my board members did a FC2 review.... please don't read if you like the game: http://www.erodov.com/forums/only-ho...-review,13359/
    My work and bench rig:

i7 920 D0 3939B303 @ 4.2Ghz + ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 w/ 0006 BIOS + 6GB Corsair Dominators CL7 @ DDR3-1600 7-7-7-20-1T + Intel X25-M 80GB SSD G2 + Powercolor HD5870 1GB @ 900/1300 + Dell U2410 H-IPS 24" Screen (pics and more)

My review site: Erodov

Banned
    ^

That's a great review. I think the whole 'healing' thing is pretty whacked.

I agree with all the post about Far Cry - It has way too many issues, however a few realism mods it will be great i think

Xtreme Member
    Ever since I read that Farcry2 is actually not being developed by Crytek I pretty much lost fate. The concept of killing undernourished sick and poor African folk didnt sound exciting either. However I have to admit that the result sounds a lot worse than I thought..

One thing I dont understand tho, how can they have the balls to call this game "FarCry 2"?? It has nothing to do with the first game ?? Oh well, at least Crysis feels a good take on the original Far Cry for me...
    X3350 | DFI LP X38 T2R | d9gkx
    9800gtx | Raptor1500AHFD/5000AACS/WD3201ABYS
    Corsair 620HX | Coolermaster CM690

Quote Originally Posted by yaddam205 View Post
    How about a short summary?

3: Joining a game: Once you are past the initial MP connect screens and accepted into the player pool it attempts to find appropriate games available based upon player rank. This is all fine and dandy however, I seem to be connecting and disconnecting from at least 4-7 hosts before it finds the right one. This becomes extremely annoying.

Cheers.

Wow 4-7. you are blessed my friendl, I had to sit through 26 epileptic fit inducing, loading screen switches last night,before I was informed that there were no availble server' s to join - I am afraid that MP on this game is now shelved until the issues raised are sorted out.

IMO the MP server browser is the worst one I have seen in about......ever!

R4z
    DFI Lanparty DK-X38
    Q6600 GO SLACR
    4GB OCZ Reaper HPC
    EVGA 8800GTX ACS3
    150GB WD Raptor
    2x500GB Samsung Spinpoint
    Creative XFI XtremeMusic
    TT Mozart with dual PA120.2's

Xtreme Mentor
    Wow. Sounds like this game needs some major patchification.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast