Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Ice work log, (Img Intensive)

Quote Originally Posted by h20xide View Post
    Once again, yes. It acts as a biocide.
    haha, thanks. i guess i meant that as more of a rhetorical question, except i typed a question mark...and well, kinda hard to tell via reading. thanks for the confirmation though.

does adding a biocide, such as pt nuke, cause any ill affects? i have some already and was thinking of adding a drop to my water/killcoil just as a safe measure. seems like it wouldn't hurt anything...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    haha, thanks. i guess i meant that as more of a rhetorical question, except i typed a question mark...and well, kinda hard to tell via reading. thanks for the confirmation though.

does adding a biocide, such as pt nuke, cause any ill affects? i have some already and was thinking of adding a drop to my water/killcoil just as a safe measure. seems like it wouldn't hurt anything...
    There would be literally no point. The silver ions that break off the coil is PLENTY enough for the amount of water in a loop. Some people have found it leaves a clear film on the inside of tubes/blocks, but I don't have any input of my own as I've never used PT Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by h20xide View Post
    There would be literally no point. The silver ions that break off the coil is PLENTY enough for the amount of water in a loop. Some people have found it leaves a clear film on the inside of tubes/blocks, but I don't have any input of my own as I've never used PT Nuke.
    yeah, i used some pt nuke last time around and ended up with a clear/pasty film on the inside of my tubes, so that could be why. thanks for the input, i'll just pass on the pt nuke this time then, no sense in making things nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    yeah, i used some pt nuke last time around and ended up with a clear/pasty film on the inside of my tubes, so that could be why. thanks for the input, i'll just pass on the pt nuke this time then, no sense in making things nasty...
    No sense in putting it in at all, ever, provided you're using silver.

Quick update...

With my computer being apart and all, I have limited resources for my photos, they're quick and dirty what can I say. But I will get some good snaps when I start to put this all together

I picked up some Kingston Hyperx ram because the OCZ stuff I had was only DDR2-800 and couldn't handle the higher overclock (anything above 4ghz) This stuff is DDR2-1066 which should give me a bit of headroom compared to the 800. The only problem is that, I really liked the OCZ copper heatpipe set-up on their ram, it suits the mobo better than the Kingston heatsinks..... only one solution...

Each set of RAM with it's new respective heatsink.

Xtreme Addict
    I hope the heatsink switch doesn't cause any problems.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

If you're careful enough taking them off, there shouldn't be any trouble with it. I test the memory sans heatsinks, just to make sure there was no major damage, everything seems fine so far.

Ordered about 6ft of SEKISUI #5760 thermal tape last night for the RAM, now I just have to design the Black Ice logo to go on the heatsinks where it used to say OCZ

Really nice lapping there.
    Regarding those RAM heatsink, are they attatched to the RAMs by pressure from the screws or was the thermal compound that was on from the start som kind of glue?

They were attached with double sided thermal tape, the screws just keep the 2 sides together. It wasn't too hard to get off, I just ran a blade between the inside of the heatsink and the tape, just to make sure I didn't hit the RAM modules. Same goes for the Kingston, double sided thermal tape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12