Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AEGIS Panel on Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Hades View Post
    Confirmed:
    I Am Using Bios P13 And Aegis Panel Version 1.0.2.34.

The Only Way I Can Get This Aegis Panel Program To Work Is To Install The Drivers That Came With The Board (CD ONLY). I Cannot Use Any Add-On Video Cards That Require Different Video Drivers And I Cannot Install Any Drivers From Nvidia For Addon Cards, Mainboard Support, Have To Use Onboard Video. The Program Will Work In This Instance.

I Have Sat Down And Tested This Serveral Times With Several Fresh Installs Of Server 2003, Vista, Vista SP1 And XP Pro Sp2. This Board And The Drivers On The CD Will Work On Server 2003 Despite The Fact That The Auto Play Screen From The Driver CD Will Say Otherwise And No Drivers Are Set For Server 2003 Support.

Another Bug In The Aegis Panel Program Versions 1.0.2.31 -1.0.2.34 Is The Fact That It Reads The PCI-E Slot As Being Overclocked To 125MHZ. I Know That It Is Set At 100 MHZ In The Bios And Other Programs Read It At 100mhz As Well.

Aegis Panel., Nvidia System Tools, Everest.... Etc. All Have Their Own Flaws When Trying To Get Readings From This Board.

After Fighting With This Board For Nearly 2 Months I Have Stripped All Of The Addon Parts Off This Board (video cards ....etc) And Am Currently Using This Board As A Fulltime Server, Running Server 2003, Using The Onboard Video And Aegis Panel 1.0.2.34.

Almost Seems This Is What This Board Was Meant To Do.

I Dont Know What Else To Do With This Thing Due To Lack Of Support, Problems With Aegis Panel, No Support For Functionality Other Than Basic Drivers Updates And 1 Bios Revision....ETC.
    That is very interesting, i would test myself to see if mine worked with all of that but yeah...i don't feel like doing all that work :P

Xtreme Member
    yep double confirmed. I just finished installing all the windows updates and one of the updates was the nVidia 780a SLI chip set update and now the aegis panel does not work. I even downloaded FOX One and it doesn't read the CPU although it reads the other stuff.

does Foxconn make the Aegis panel? If so......READ THIS THREAD AND THEN FIX IT!!!

ASRock Z77 Extream6
    Intel i7 3770K
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III
    Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
    CORSAIR HX1050
    GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB

i am have 2 errors that keep comming up. ive reinstalled the program about 5 times. all drivers are up to date. and idk here are 2 pics of my system

The Problem With This Board Is That No Single Program Will Read Temps And Perform All Of The Tasks Needed. I Like The Look And Set-up Of The Aegis Panel But It Needs A Massive Makeover. A Top Notch Nforce Board Like This One Should Have Some OEM Program Designed To Accurately Monitor And Talk To The Nforce Chipset And CPU.

This Board Needs A Program That Accurately Read Temps, Bus Speed, CPU Speed, PCI-E Speeds, All System Voltages And It Needs To Be Able To Check Overclocks Performed From Windows While Checking With The Bios Online In Windows To Determine A Good Or Bad Overclock...Etc. It Should Also Be Able To Determine Whether Or Not To Shut Down The PC If The User Is Away Due To Problems With Temp, Voltage , Etc. None Of this Works Correctly In Aegis Panel.

As I Said I Cannot Use An Add-on 3dcard Mde By Nvidia, With Drivers Loaded For The Add-On Card. This Destroys Any Use Of The Aegis Panel. It Simply Will Not Work.

I Have Also Downloaded All Of The Known Generic / Universal System Utilities And They Either Do Not Take Readings From This Board Or Are Very Limited As To What They Can Take Reading From On This Board Or They Do Not Recognize Everything On This Board....etc.

I Realize That Foxconn Has Released The New Core I7 Boards And That Has Their Attention Right Now But This Board Is Less Than A Year Old, To My Knowledge, Is Supposed To Support AM2+ Processors (supposedly Phenom 2) And I Have Only Seen One Bios Revision And 2 Aegis Panel Mods Since I Bought The Board. Whats The Deal? Is This Board Already Old News With No More Support?
    Last edited by Lord_Hades; 01-19-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    Foxconn Destroyer (Bios P13)
    AMD Phenom 9950 Agena Core 125 Watt
    4 Gigs Corsair PC8500 1066 Memeory 5-5-5-18-2T
    (2) 160GB WD Sata 3.0 GB Drives Raid 0
    Antec Nine Hindred Case
    Onboard Video
    Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

Xtreme Member
    there's actually a p14 BIOS just released on www.foxconnchannel.com that gives support to AM3, and matttehman has a thread in this section with a 940BE set up.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=214279

they just need to fix the Aegis panel so badly. I like it a lot, wish it would still work for me.
    ASRock Z77 Extream6
    Intel i7 3770K
    CORSAIR HX1050
    GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB

The Problem With This Board Is That No Single Program Will Read Temps And Perform All Of The Tasks Needed. I Like The Look And Set-up Of The Aegis Panel But It Needs A Massive Makeover. A Top Notch Nforce Board Like This One Should Have Some OEM Program Designed To Accurately Monitor And Talk To The Nforce Chipset And CPU.

This Board Needs A Program That Accurately Read Temps, Bus Speed, CPU Speed, PCI-E Speeds, All System Voltages And It Needs To Be Able To Check Overclocks Performed From Windows While Checking With The Bios Online In Windows To Determine A Good Or Bad Overclock...Etc. It Should Also Be Able To Determine Whether Or Not To Shut Down The PC If The User Is Away Due To Problems With Temp, Voltage , Etc. None Of this Works Correctly In Aegis Panel.

As I Said I Cannot Use An Add-on 3dcard Mde By Nvidia, With Drivers Loaded For The Add-On Card. This Destroys Any Use Of The Aegis Panel. It Simply Will Not Work.

I Have Also Downloaded All Of The Known Generic / Universal System Utilities And They Either Do Not Take Readings From This Board Or Are Very Limited As To What They Can Take Reading From On This Board Or They Do Not Recognize Everything On This Board....etc.

I Realize That Foxconn Has Released The New Core I7 Boards And That Has Their Attention Right Now But This Board Is Less Than A Year Old, To My Knowledge, Is Supposed To Support AM2+ Processors (supposedly Phenom 2) And I Have Only Seen One Bios Revision And 2 Aegis Panel Mods Since I Bought The Board. Whats The Deal? Is This Board Already Old News With No More Support?
    Everest? works fine for me, not an overclocking tool, but reads everything just fine

Field Value
    Sensor Properties
    Sensor Type ITE IT8720F (ISA 290h)
    GPU Sensor Type Analog Devices ADT7473 (NV-I2C 2Eh)
    Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures
    Motherboard 35 °C (95 °F)
    CPU 35 °C (95 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #1 32 °C (90 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #2 30 °C (86 °F)
    MCP 44 °C (111 °F)
    Aux 29 °C (84 °F)
    GPU1: GPU 43 °C (109 °F)
    GPU1: GPU Memory 35 °C (95 °F)
    GPU1: GPU Ambient 34 °C (93 °F)
    GPU2: GPU 48 °C (118 °F)
    GPU2: GPU Memory 40 °C (104 °F)
    GPU2: GPU Ambient 37 °C (99 °F)
    SAMSUNG HD753LJ 25 °C (77 °F)
    Seagate ST3400620AS 34 °C (93 °F)

Voltage Values
    CPU Core 1.34 V
    +2.5 V 2.98 V
    +3.3 V 3.34 V
    +5 V 4.97 V
    +12 V 12.35 V
    +5 V Standby 5.13 V
    VBAT Battery 3.10 V
    GPU1: GPU Vcc 3.30 V
    GPU2: GPU Vcc 3.30 V

I updated my bios to p14 and i still have the same 2 errors.

Thumbs down

I Tested Everest Myself Back When I Bought This Board, Don't Care For Everest, Not To Mention It Has No Overclock Function, So I Would Have To Load Another Program To Do Overclocks, And Yet Another One To Adjust Fan Speeds...ETC. I Am Not Going To Load Up A Bunch Of Half Working Programs To Try And Do The Job One Of Them "Alone" Could Do With No Help.

If You Are Happy With Everest Thats Cool, But As For Myself And Others We Would Like To Have The Aegis Panel Fixed. That It The Point Of This Thread From The Beginning, To Help Foxconn Reps Figure Out What The Problem Is.
    Last edited by Lord_Hades; 01-20-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Antec Nine Hindred Case
    Onboard Video

I Tested Everest Myself Back When I Bought This Board, Don't Care For Everest, Not To Mention It Has No Overclock Function, So I Would Have To Load Another Program To Do Overclocks, And Yet Another One To Adjust Fan Speeds...ETC. I Am Not Going To Load Up A Bunch Of Half Working Programs To Try And Do The Job One Of Them "Alone" Could Do With No Help.

If You Are Happy With Everest Thats Cool, But As For Myself And Others We Would Like To Have The Aegis Panel Fixed. That It The Point Of This Thread From The Beginning, To Help Foxconn Reps Figure Out What The Problem Is.
    oh i want them to get it fixed, wasn't saying i didn't, but there is always the good old way and better way of overclocking....the bios

Unhappy

Actually Lord_Hades, had the Foxconn guys fully beta tested the aegis panel, (which obviously they didn't or it would work on our machines) we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm running a fresh install of Vista Ultimate with nothing unusual installed, so it's not like I'm running any exotic software or anything else. Having the Aegis Panel had a lot to do with me choosing the destroyer mb. I've tried every version of the panel I could find, but none of them work. I was in contact with tech support about it, but they've apparently chosen to drop the issue, since they haven't replied in over 3 weeks. I was willing to provide them all the info they wanted, but strange thing is, they never asked so much as to what os I was using. So I take their lack of interest in their own product quality as a sign that they really don't gara about it. Sad really.
    Foxconn Destroyer / P13 bios
    AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition
    Thermalright IFX-14 Heatsink
    8gigs OCZ SLI ready DDR2 1000 5-5-5-15-2T
    2 WD SATA 640G HD's Raid 0
    2 WD SATA 320G HD's Raid 0
    GeForce GTX 280
    Sony 20X SATA DVD+-R burner
    Ultra 1000W PS
    Thermaltake Armour+ VH6000BWS Black Aluminum case

Quote Originally Posted by Veterx View Post
    Actually Lord_Hades, had the Foxconn guys fully beta tested the aegis panel, (which obviously they didn't or it would work on our machines) we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm running a fresh install of Vista Ultimate with nothing unusual installed, so it's not like I'm running any exotic software or anything else. Having the Aegis Panel had a lot to do with me choosing the destroyer mb. I've tried every version of the panel I could find, but none of them work. I was in contact with tech support about it, but they've apparently chosen to drop the issue, since they haven't replied in over 3 weeks. I was willing to provide them all the info they wanted, but strange thing is, they never asked so much as to what os I was using. So I take their lack of interest in their own product quality as a sign that they really don't gara about it. Sad really.

I still don't understand why you all care so much, i mean sure i want them to get it fixed and definently do not think they should drop the subject, but the panel is not so essential to your computer as at least 2 or 3 of you have been saying in this forum, there are other things that can get what you want done, done, it's not like just because the panel doesn't work that the motherboard is useless now

Quote Originally Posted by Veterx View Post
    I Figured This Much And As I Said In Earlier Posts, Im Done Fooling With This Board. I Have Coverted It To A Full Time Server Running Windows Server 2003 With Onboard Video. I Knew The Second I Heard About the New Core I7 Stuff Releasing That They Were Done Messing With this Board And Others Like It.

I Read On Another Thread That The Destroyer Had Reached It's End Of Life Cycle, This Just Make Me Even More Disgusted With The Whole Deal. It Is Sad Really, There Are Still Plenty Of People That Would Be "Stoked" To Have This Board And There Are Certainly Still Plenty Of Processors For Sale That Fit This Board. Being It Is One Of Only A Few Nforce SLI AMD AM2+ Phenom Boards Out There, Why Not Fix This Issue And Sale More Boards? As For Foxconn Dropping This Issue.....In All My Years Of Building Computers And Dealing With Companies, This Is Just The Route Of Conducting Business They Choose To Take, I'll Never Understand It.

I'm Glad I Didn't Pay Full Price For This Board, Especially Since Not All Of The Features Work.
    Last edited by Lord_Hades; 02-15-2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Antec Nine Hindred Case
    Onboard Video

Xtreme Member
    Umm, out of nowhere I decided to install this again on my system and.... its working!

vista 64bit business
    ATI 4850
    (the rest of the spec's are in my sig)
    fully updated windows and the latest AEGIS Panel from the Quantum Force web site.

Edit: I guess it would also help to know I never installed the on-board display drivers, and every thing has the latest drivers I know about.
    Last edited by Prozium; 02-20-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    ASRock Z77 Extream6
    Intel i7 3770K
    CORSAIR HX1050
    GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB

wow this thread makes me glad I didn't get a destroyer.... Although I never use the Aegis Panel; I'm just not a fan of it, and I'm not too lazy to open up three different programs to take care of the same things Aegis would have.

It does look really bad to me, though, that there was no sort of response or anything from the Foxconn guys regarding this issue. That bugs me a lot. The BlackOps is my first Foxconn board (I've only had EVGA and Asus before), and I'm used to excellent customer service. I had heard whispers and grumblings about the lack of support at Foxconn, but so far it's been great.

Like I said though, things like this need to be taken care of, or at least acknowledged. Geez. I'd rather hear "yes we know about the bug and we're trying to fix it but no progress yet" than to be ignored.
    e8400 E0 , OCZ Flex EX, CM V8, Sapphire HD4870 1GB, 750GB WD Caviar Black, onboard SONAR, Vista Home Premium 64. Stock for now.... OC'ing as soon as I get a few free minutes or hours...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
    wow this thread makes me glad I didn't get a destroyer.... Although I never use the Aegis Panel; I'm just not a fan of it, and I'm not too lazy to open up three different programs to take care of the same things Aegis would have.

It does look really bad to me, though, that there was no sort of response or anything from the Foxconn guys regarding this issue. That bugs me a lot. The BlackOps is my first Foxconn board (I've only had EVGA and Asus before), and I'm used to excellent customer service. I had heard whispers and grumblings about the lack of support at Foxconn, but so far it's been great.

Like I said though, things like this need to be taken care of, or at least acknowledged. Geez. I'd rather hear "yes we know about the bug and we're trying to fix it but no progress yet" than to be ignored.
    it has been acknowledged, lol, hence the reason Saaya started this thread

I too am having no luck with Aegis panel. I run Windows 7 x64. I would have to agree that it seems to be an issues with the nvidia video card drivers.
    PLEASE FIX THIS FOXCONN!!!
    AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6Ghz
    Foxxconn Destroyer (Bios P14)
    2X2Gb Ocz Reaper 1066 @ 533Mhz
    36Gb Raptor + 250Gb WD SATA II + 2x WD Black 1TB
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I Knew The Second I Heard About the New Core I7 Stuff Releasing That They Were Done Messing With this Board And Others Like It.
    while most resources are obviously spent on the latest boards thats not true... im sorry but i dont have time to check all threads, and until a few days ago nobody pmd me, so i wasnt aware that there is a problem here... the last time i checked this thread nobody else complained that it didnt work.. and despite me asking for the system details to reproduce the problems and fix them, most people unfortunately still dont... which slows it all down.

hades, you seemed to have tracked down the problem to the vga driver, thanks for that, and sorry for the trouble it caused you. ill go and nail the app engineer now and will get him to work on this asap.

oh and somebody mentioned foxconn doesnt test the app properly before releasing it, well reading this thread might give you an idea about this, most people who have it working dont post here, from the people that did post, half got it working, and some people get it working or suddenly have it broken without really knowing why. now if they dont even know how and why it suddenly worked or stopped working, making a remote diagnosis of the problem and fixing it is even more difficult.

the problem is that it doesnt work reliably, and im not sure why...
    i already asked the engineer a dozen times to code the app in a way it doesnt depend on the system config and just runs independantly of other apps, os version and patches and driver/dll versions etc... fingers crossed itll work properly in future

Quote Originally Posted by Prozium View Post
    Umm, out of nowhere I decided to install this again on my system and.... its working!

vista 64bit business
    ATI 4850
    (the rest of the spec's are in my sig)
    fully updated windows and the latest AEGIS Panel from the Quantum Force web site.

Edit: I guess it would also help to know I never installed the on-board display drivers, and every thing has the latest drivers I know about.
    any idea what you changed that affected this?
    somebody mentioned a windows update related to the 780a sli chipset that borked aegis panel? did you install this update?
    does anybody have the microsoft KB number of this patch/update?

Wow great to see 2 weeks have passed and no word from foxconn....
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Nvidia 780a SLI update killed Aegis Panel. I installed ntune 6.03 ran systems monitor closed and was able to use Panel with both vista ult 64 and windows 7 64.
    but only if you run systems monitor and then closed it. Ntune has its problems. Aegis Panel should work without ntune.
    Last edited by YM1; 03-14-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: testing

Quote Originally Posted by YM1 View Post
    Nvidia 780a SLI update killed Aegis Panel. I installed ntune 6.03 ran systems monitor closed and was able to use Panel with both vista ult 64 and windows 7 64.
    but only if you run systems monitor and then closed it. Ntune has its problems. Aegis Panel should work without ntune.
    Wow great find. I tested this and it also works for me. I run ntune 6.03 systems monitor, and aegis panel works! I get it to work while systems monitor is open or closed, but it does have to be run before you open Aegis panel.
    Good progress Foxconn, oh wait Foxconn didnt find this out
    Thanks YM1
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Xtreme Member
    it would be nice if it worked. thx.