Thread: Custom *BIG* Case 3 Loops Up and running!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Custom *BIG* Case 3 Loops Up and running!

After finding out that my U2-UFO even modded is not spacious enough and hard to upgrade whenever I want to I decided to build my own case.

I know it is a bit large but the main goals were the following (still are):

- Clean M/B area that makes upgrades easy especially with the waterblocks

- Having most of the water away from my M/B

- Being able to host many HDs since I intend to turn this into a Games Jukebox

So I turned to a Rack like design and started with this (posted in other thread)

I have not kept a detailed worklog but the concept is very straight forward so anyone interest will be able to pick up easily. So I cut some wood to be used as floor space and opened holes. I have to admit though that I have a lot of tools and access to more whenever I need it. So here are the pictures with the machine working.

PC Configuration

M/B: Asus Rampage Extreme
    CPU: Q9550 (I also have an E8500 to play with)
    RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 OCZ PC3 12800 (I am not happy with)
    VGA: Crossfire X 2x ATI 4870X2 on Water with EK FC Blocks
    Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    Storage: 3x Samsung F1 1TB RAID0, 1 Hitachi 1TB (left over)

Water Parts

- Radiators: 2x TFC 360s, 1x PA.120.2 and I also have 1 PA.120.3 and a PA.120.2 on the shelf that I might try to fit too if needed.

-Pumps 3x DDCs 18w with XSPC Reservoir Tops (out of 7 total bought till I find 3 that don't fail). I like those pumps because they are small and quiet.

The pictures

It is nowhere near finished yet so the wood is not even painted and there are no side panels that I will have custom made and painted later on. However, I wanted to mount everything and use it and iron out whatever inefficiencies I come across before I finalize the decoration. The final built will be black/nickel and maybe a bit of red cause of the M/B and white leds only with black fans only.
    Hardware :Asus Rampage Extreme, 4870X2 (Crossfire X) EK FC Blocks, CPU Q9550@490FSB/4,180Ghz, RAM 4GB DDR3, Auzentech Prelude X-fi,PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 Watt,
    3 Loops with TFCs360 and a PA.120.2/DDCs.

Xtreme Member
    Lookin' real good! Can't wait to see the final version.

Xtreme Addict
    That's a great setup. I was thinking of doing something similar with multiple levels with a motherboard setup on each and watercooling "racks."

Can we get some more pictures?

Xtreme Member
    Very nice! I do feel that the pump/res can be higher to aid bleeding but I'm sure this will do fine too
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCKs View Post
    Thanks for the info crazy asian guy with interesting hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    There are alot of great testers in these forums and my one wish is for people to quit the bickering and post trolling and start testing and sharing of information.

Water cooling is supposed to be recreational, it's not mandatory, and it's not a perfect science.

Banned
    Jargon if this turns out like your last build, then it'll probably be greater. keep the pictures coming...