Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you come up with your nickname?

Chasing After Diety

How did you come up with your nickname?

Just curious, thought we should all get to know each other better.

My two nicks are:

Naekuh: <-- "mine" in korean.
    Aigomorla <-- "oh gowd i have no clue" in korean.

Aigomorla is a Pun in which i couldnt think of anything. Later i made it more as a joke, and somehow it managed to stick on me.

Naekuh i got from my first Ex. I had a problems misplacing my stuff and my EX would always write the words MINE on it for me. Thoughout college, i would put Mine on my books, and once AOL got started, i used Naekuh, and Aigomorla as my nicks.

I look forward in reading your historys on nicks! I think each of us has an interesting story to tell!
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Here's a long story for yea.... heheh

It directly means Incredible Flying Mobile Unit
    The story behind it is a bit long, so no offense if anyone ignores it.

Quite a few years back I was driving my 1st car, a 1970 Monte Carlo. I was cruising to a friends parents house. He was in the passenger seat, my (Now ex) was in the back seat behind me and his lady of the time was behind him.
    I turned onto the road his parents lived on and was doing a fishtail.
    Well, I forgot that it had rained the day before and the car started to go a bit wild on the azz end.
    When i went to correct and slow down, I ended up hitting the gas pedal and the car shot towards a telephone pole. We missed the pole by under a foot. (Both the ladies still swear the pole moved.) The car shot UP the telephone pole tension wires, blew the transformer several poles down the street.
    Now, I tried to back the car up and get out of there, no insurance and the tags on the car went to a broken POS car that my lady owned. So needless to say, the car was far from legal.
    Well, the car wouldnt move! Crap.
    So we all climbed out to see why and noticed that 1 cable had snapped and there was another underneath the front bumper, preventing the car from moving.
    So Tim and I started to walk down the street to his parents house to call someone for some help getting the car out of there. Almost as we reached the house we looked back and saw the actual angle the car was at.
    / <~ and yes that is intentional, that is the angle of the car.
    It sat on one tire, nothing else of the car was touching the ground.
    He then said it was the Incredible Flying Mobile Unit.
    IFMU was then born.

Now to explain how I came to use it online is a bit shorter.. lol
    Well, my first time getting online was through AoL. Kept trying to find one of those 'cool' names that everyone and their uncle wants to use. I have never really liked adding numbers to a name, unless the numbers have a reason. So, needless to say, all the 'cool' names were gone.
    So I started thinking a bit differently.
    What would be a good name to use, that noone will have, but everyone will know is ME.

IFMU was born online... been using it ever since too.

Well, you did ask for it..... o_O

Chasing After Diety
    AHAHAHAHAHA thats a great one marty.

Who would of ever thought your name ment incredible flying mobile unit.

^_^

Wuf
    I've no real story behind my nick :X
    Just started use this nick in cs:s somenight and tadaa i've kep it as my nick from that day
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Xtreme Addict
    Kayin has many meanings, but the one I remember most is "celebrated child", as not only was I adopted but now even they have disowned me (too intelligent, they'd rather be stupid, racist rednecks) so at least in name I'm a celebrated child even if I'm not really.

I am Xtreme
    mine come from twyleth teg which is a type of ghost, faerie or sprite (as in Lord of the rings). I've always been a pretty morbid person so it felt like a good fit. I've also always been interested in the dark side of all things supernatural so i've been attracted to various forms of paganism, witchcraft and black magic. I misspelled it so it would be unique pretty much anywhere I went.

I was dubbed sparky when I first started playing around with electricity and had my fair share of spark showers. It stuck. Problem is, almost every site I go to Sparky is taken, half the time by people who haven't been active for years. Oh well. So I stuck my initials on the end of it.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

HARD CRUNCHER!!
    Got mine from Aliens, couldnt think of a good gaming name back in the day & came up with Hicks after I watched it again. Pluss he never died in the movie & was fitting for me for gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    CRUNCH HARD, it may not help me and you, but it might help the Kids.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Mine is from my 2 favorite movies. Mystic is from The Dark Crystal. The mystics were the "good ones" and Merlin is from Fantasia and the Sorcerer's Apprentice

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Xtreme Cruncher
    I always liked slinkies since I was little and always had one on my desk so when I wasn't playing in the TFC match I would play with it till I got in and it has stuck with me.

XSDCMF
    Boring!!

My initials, followed by the abbreviation of Las Vegas.
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Xtreme Cruncher
    My nick is drawn from the name of the band tapping the vein. Their music has epitomized some of the feelings and thoughts I've had in the past, and it just seemed to work. I'm not great with coming up with nicks for forums and such, but this one tends to be still available .

Wally West is to The Flash as Clark Kent is to superman.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I got my nick back in the day way before internet was made. The fastest modem made at that time was 14.4 and you had to call into BBS's..
    All in all my name originated from my dad who used the name nightowl on CB. (big coon hound hunter) he kept the name on most of the BBS's he was on and when he helped me get set up on one of the BBS's I was not there. he called me at work and asked me what I wanted my nick name to be. I told him I didn't care just make one up and write it down for me.
    So he couldn't think of anything and then my grandma said something about me still being a little kid so he said that's it. I will call him littleowl. because he is little and he is part of my family so I will give him an owl name like mine.

There you go my long story made short.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    I too dislike adding numbers onto names. Back about 5-6 years ago, I was into anime and stuff. I made friends with a kid from my church that was doing a website &c. I decided to make a screenname on MSN, Billabongbob3. From there, I was introduced to some of his friends that I didn't prior know as Bob. Well, the nickname stuck with many of them that only ever knew me as Bob, including one that I ended up being pretty good friends with for a while. Anyways--not long after, my friend introduced me to a long love/hate relationship with the popular and rather stupid MMO, Runescape. Of course, "Bob" was already in use, so I started looking elsewhere. The name "Bobsama" came up, and it's stuck ever since. I've used it mostly in games and on forums. And in case you were wondering, some of my friends still call me Bob, to this day. My sister even has used it as a common nickname for me as well--it doesn't bother me, and I came up with it. It fits. And I respond to it.
    Last edited by Bobsama; 10-19-2008 at 10:29 AM.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Xtreme Cruncher
    i started with message boards back in 2005 when i built my first pc and was using 64bit XP and amd 64 x2 4200 so i got the 64 from that. and took the dragon from martial arts, i take kung fu which has the 5 animal fighting styles and my school is mainly dragon style. the first pc forum i joined was planetamd64 so, 64 + dragon -> 64dragon
    XS WCG Rules: #1: don't pull fart_plume's finger #2: Dave aka Movieman, don't give him your phone number if you like your hearing
    XS WCG Note: There are 2 sets of points, WCG and Boinc. WCG = 7x Boinc

Project: Dark Matter (<- link) - Asus Maximus II Formula, Intel X3330 3.4ghz @1.32v under load, corsair ddr2 1066 8gigs, evga gtx260 core 216, pc p&c 750W, EK Supreme HF Nickel, iandh 175 res, Swiftech MCP355, Black Ice GTX G2 240, Lian Li v1200b

silverstone tj07 build log

Banned
    mine was my name and age but now it's all i can remember so its what i use

Xtreme Addict
    Mine is from the random name generator of everquest 2, back then 4 years ago when I got it I coudnt think of a charactername so I just clicked the name generator a few times, I deleted the character a few days later, but the name somehow stuck.

Xtreme Addict
    Ever played the game Thief?
    If you have you know where I got mine
    lol... This forum requires that you wait 70 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.
    *phone rings*
    Friend: Do you have a spare PSU lying around?
    Me: No why?
    Friend: My PSU just blew up, I think the second 8800GTX might have been too much for it to handle
    Me: what PSU was that again?
    Friend: Antec 480w
    Me:........

Crunching for Poppabear
    Mine comes from when I was a volunteer firefighter. My rank was LT. my captain got into calling me Lu. My radio number was 523. Just add them and you get my nick. Been using it for about 10 years or so.
    Last edited by Lu523; 10-19-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Been using my nickname since ~1997. Had to create an email account for a computer science class so I sat down at Wordpad and banged on the keyboard till I had a half page of text. Then I read through the mumbo jumbo till I found something that sounded cool. It was something like gmelr that I hashed out to Gomeler. Been using Gomeler since then for everything so 99% of the time if you see a Gomeler, it's me. Only had 1 time where someone had taken Gomeler and I think it was a friend just to piss me off.

Never go full retard
    My nickname started back in the BBS days as well. For those of you that will ever meet me in person...the name fits. A friend of the family always called me skinnee, I just used the spelling from a band name.

@NaeKuh
    What is the phonetic pronunciation of NaeKuh and Aigomorla?

Chasing After Diety
    Nea kuh.

i-go. more - la

:P

Interesting read on a sunday afternoon

ronin comes from the movie of the same name (also samurai's are cool). and silent because i don't talk much.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast