Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How did you come up with your nickname?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I picked up Karl Eller way back in the day when I was a little pimply Warhammer nerd (Now, not so little, out-grew the pimples, and don't have enough money for Warhammer 'cause of the computers ), it was the name I came up with for the general in an army I was building. Karl, because the army was Germanic, and Eller was a name a random name generator spat out (and I later learned it's a German surname, too ). Used it as a forum name for the Warhammer forum I was a member of, and it's stuck ever since. Very rarely used in most forums, as an added bonus.

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

Xtreme Legend
    "Carl" Eller is also the name of a famous American football player from the 1960's and 1970's. He was part of a defensive line known as the "Purple People Eaters" (the team had purple jerseys). They were also sometimes called "The Four Norsemen" (after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The team Eller played for was the Vikings). Anyway, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw your name.

I live less than an hour's drive from the Sierra Nevada Mountains. When I retire, it's where I'd like to live. One of my sisters lives in the Sierra foothills. It's very nice there too.
    Last edited by sierra_bound; 10-19-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat

"Fortune favors the bold"

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'd share my story of this name, a nick of a nick, but i'd get in trouble again.

Funny to hear all your stories about your nicks tho, always fun to see how people thought of theirs

Crunching
    3.65ghz q6600 @ 1.33v
    2.4ghz 4600+

Xtreme Member
    Tortel is something I came up with about 6 years back (And oddly, it is the name of a a few towns too ). I like turtles, and when I was bored at school I would draw little sketches of a turtle that I called Tortel. When I started playing games online, I couldent think of any other name, so thats what I used.
    Most of the time I use Tortel1210 actually, 12/10 is my birthday. Tortel looks a little nicer, numbers get annoying

Corsair HX620 ::: i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz ::: Asus P8Z68-V ::: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    16gb G.Skill Ripjaws ::: eVGA GTX 460
    Crucial M4 64gb ::: 5tb HDDs

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    I have now idea how I got my name.....

just plain old,
    Bob
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Mentor
    I actually have two also. First, UTNorris - For University of Tennessee as in where I went to college a long time ago, or at least it seems that way and of course the last name. I started using this about eight years ago as a normal yahoo, MSN, etc account. The reason for this is that I also go by Kemical_Head from my gaming days and giving that to a business or employer didn't seem like a good idea. I use to be part of Clan VIA (Very Important A-holes) back when Rogue Spear and Rainbow Six was out and all the other Tom Clancy FPS games were out and I started out with General_Kaos, but then ended up with Kemical_Head. It's been a long time since those days, but they were fun.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Great idea!

I have three nicks. Firstly emuexport which started back when Hotmail originally came out (before MS bought it) I wanted a username that was easy to remember but still linked back to where I was from (Perth, Australia) while living in the Netherlands. I tried Redback but it was taken and the next thing I could think of that was a local beer as well was emuexport back in '96. Its stuck ever since and is easy to remember.
    The other nick I have that has stuck with me since I was at highschool is Da Sheep, as some of you may know Aussies take the mick out of Kiwis (NZers) and vice versa. i was trying to explain a kiwi joke to a dutch guy and hew was taking the piss as he understood perfectly and just wanted to have a laugh at me!

The other nick I have is Jud which is just an abreviation of sorts for my first name my old man still calls me by it, its been over 20 years!

Xtreme Cruncher
    leviathan is a sea monster from the old testament with almost unlimited power
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol i got my nick from a college dorm meeting, we were bs'ing before the RA's showed up and the subject of where i was from came up,
    long story short, i explained it by saying "i'm from grafton, its about a half hour away..." then with some booze on my audience's part. it became a running joke that grafton wv was only a half hour from anywhere. So to keep the fun alive I was known as Grafton after that
    CPU Q6600 @ 3.15Ghz D-tek CPU Block
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R 350Mhz FSB
    RAM G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK DDR2 1066
    GPU Nvidia 8800GT MCW-60 700Mhz Core 1.0 GHz Mem
    PSU Cooler Master realPower 550W
    Storage 3 500 GB WD Caviar SE16 in RAID 0 + 300gb WD
    Misc. CM stacker STC-T01 w/ Cross-flow fan, 2 MCR-320 Rads, DCC 355 W/ Petras Top, 12 YateLoon D12SL-12, ~12ft Tygon 9/16 ID tubing

Crunching for [XS]

i dont' know how i came up with this nick...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post
    i dont' know how i came up with this nick...
    So your Stymied?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am a guy and I am in China, put 1 and 2 together and what do you get!
    24/7 PC CoolerMaster CM690 + 7 fans(its HOT as HELL in Shanghai) Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.3-3.7Ghz, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 G-Skill, HD GT630 2GB, Scandisk Pro 256SSD 2x2TB Green, 2x 3TB WD Green Data Drives. HTPC Q8400, EP45 UD3L 4x1GB Gskill6400, 1xWD Black 640GB,2x2TB WD Green, 2xWD 1TB Blue(RAID1), Sapphire 4530 512MB,

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.

Mitch Ratcliffe, U.S. technology journalist and blogger

Xtreme Member
    Donavan, need I say more?

Yea...kinda thread digging here heh
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCKs View Post
    Thanks for the info crazy asian guy with interesting hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    There are alot of great testers in these forums and my one wish is for people to quit the bickering and post trolling and start testing and sharing of information.

Water cooling is supposed to be recreational, it's not mandatory, and it's not a perfect science.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ever seen the movies Warlock 1 and 2 from way back in the 80ies. Was my favorites at the time(the warlock was the bad guy).
    Kinda stuck since the, either Warlock or The Warlock(i have also studied wicca), NOT! In cod4 im The_Warlock.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    That's funny ... in CoD4 I'm usually the dead guy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    unofficial 13th zodiac constellation .. also known as Ophiuchus (the serpent-holder)

got it when i played the game "Final Fantasy Tactics" .. did some research, and found out its existance is very unique and it is the least used in nicknames ... so i adopted it

being the number "13" and "Serpent" it was dropped from the 12 zodiacs due to religious reasons ...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ummmm....not really sure, but my real name is Adrian Webb
    DC Prostitute - Crunching In Memory of My Dad

Xtreme Cruncher
    got it over 7 years ago from the band Lost Prophets
    Core i7-920 @ 3,8GHz 24/7 1,30v watercooled
    Gigabyte X58 UD5
    3x1GB G.Skill DDR3-1333
    MSI 7900GTO
    Corsair HX520W

version 2.0

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    unofficial 13th zodiac constellation .. also known as Ophiuchus (the serpent-holder)

got it when i played the game "Final Fantasy Tactics" .. did some research, and found out its existance is very unique and it is the least used in nicknames ... so i adopted it

being the number "13" and "Serpent" it was dropped from the 12 zodiacs due to religious reasons ...
    I wondered about your name. I liked it and I always like the avatar! I would be lost without it

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm a very skinny guy......

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have a very short fuse and little to no patience when I was working as an AOL support tech.

Gill from my last name, "bot" from everyone saying i'm as cold as a robot when dealing with people.

Xtreme Addict
    I wanted a funny intimidating nickname when I was playing Wolfenstein ET allot with some friends a few years ago. Just for the fun. Later I start using this nickname on forums.
    Someone said to me "Ownage? You must think highly of yourself. I can assure you I'm not.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Banned
    My first name is Marvin and I got asperger, makes you feel like an alien all the time hence my early adoption of MtM

Xtreme Addict
    Its what AOL2.0 gave me when just JAS was taken.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast