Page 17 of 298 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official ** Gigabyte UD3 P45 Series -- EP45-UD3 / EP45-UD3R / EP45-UD3P

what are ppl using to control fan speed if anything? ET6 is messed up and fanspeed doesn't seem to do anything either

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gUzE View Post
    I have a ud3r and a q6600 with 450x8 1.3875 in bios and 1.36 in windows and 000 vdroop with LLC enabled
    I'm loving this boad
    I'm using the exact same setting ATM. 450 fsb x 9 core 1.3875 set in bios and 1.36 in windows and it doesn't budge during heavy load.

Without LLC enabled, I get 1.34v idle and 1.31v under load and it is not stable. With LLC enabled, it's 1.36v solid and I've run almost three hours of prime now and still going while I type this.
    There may be certain sweet spots on these boards, just have keep testing.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we are taken for the dust we are and to the dust we shall return
    Heat

Xtreme Member
    Finally got the board stable with the quad as I didn't even touch the GTL settings for my dual hoping the same with the quad but no go.. finally bumped up the MCH ref a notch and got me this

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...Quadstable.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VOID WARRANTY View Post
    did any one try to install ubuntu on this board cause mine wont do it
    I havent tried ubuntu yet, but if anyone else has gotten it to work please let us know...

Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzN_plyR View Post
    I noticed a HUGE difference with the F5 official from the stock F4 on my E8400.

At first the board was sketchy doing 4.2ghz on MCH 1.38 and VTT around 1.40.

With the F5 it's stable @ 4.3ghz MCH 1.24 and VTT on 1.300 with 1.37 vcore.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...3ghzstable.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...lFTTstable.jpg

Stopped the Small FTT early so I can throw in the Q9550 I just bought
    well maybe i will tell the difference when they make an f5 bios for ud3r it seems the ud3p is getting more attention but as far i can see the ud3r is the same board just with out crossfire they already have f6 for ud3p...us ud3r guys are stuck with an f4 right now if i knew gigabyte was going to pull this crap i would of just got the ud3p for $15 more..........well here,s the thing..its one of the best p45,s you can buy and its cheap..and i wont hold this against the board but once you hit a 500 bus and above the voltages you need are more than double to stay stable and thats coming from a 495 bus..maybe its my board maybe its p45,s in general or maybe the ud3r needs a the f5 also
    Last edited by VOID WARRANTY; 11-20-2008 at 07:28 AM.
    i7 920 4.2ghz..6gb 1600mhz cas 7 memory..Windows 7 Ultimate Edition..Windows XP..650 watt PS..Water..3DFX Voodoo 3

Xtreme Member
    I'm looking at getting either the UD3P or UD3R

I'd be using it to clock my E8600 and new Q9550 - are there any significant differences between the 2 boards while overclocking that I should be aware of which would swing the choice from one to the other

Only using single graphics right now and not sure about going multi gpu (ati) any time soon
    E8600 - 4.2ghz at 1.4v at 560fsb
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    Testing Patriot memory ATM - 4x1 gig at DDR2-1120 at 4-5-4-15
    Cooling in question (Sunbeam Corecontact Cooler for now - way better than my TRUE)
    Water cooling in the buy stage right now
    Zalman 600w PSU
    Coolermaster Stacker Original
    Dell 2407WFP (love this thing)
    EVGA GTX260 216sp at 725mhz core / 1512 shader / 1100memory

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nefariouscaine View Post
    I'm looking at getting either the UD3P or UD3R

I'd be using it to clock my E8600 and new Q9550 - are there any significant differences between the 2 boards while overclocking that I should be aware of which would swing the choice from one to the other

Only using single graphics right now and not sure about going multi gpu (ati) any time soon
    well the ud3p seems to have more bios updates...im on the ud3r now at 4.45ghz rock stable with an e8400 since the second day i had the board...and how about i switched bios,s 5 times with the online update interface thing that comes in your driver cd and my board is still alive and kicking and also i pumped as much as 1.4400 v-core and 1.6200 vtt fore over 10 min which isnt that much considering were on extreme systems but any way the cpu is fine and still runs 4.45ghz on 1.37500v v-core so you really cant go wrong with either one of these boards even if the price was higher i would still buy one...but dfi,s new p45 blood iron came out so i would check that out to if you can get over the yellow pci-e slots yuk..
    Last edited by VOID WARRANTY; 11-20-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    i7 920 4.2ghz..6gb 1600mhz cas 7 memory..Windows 7 Ultimate Edition..Windows XP..650 watt PS..Water..3DFX Voodoo 3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VOID WARRANTY View Post
    well the ud3p seems to have more bios updates...im on the ud3r now at 4.45ghz rock stable with an e8400 since the second day i had the board
    hmmm - thats interesting

anyone do DDR2-1100++ testing on 4 sticks of memory - not really looking to lose that performance if I don't have too

thanks for the additional input
    E8600 - 4.2ghz at 1.4v at 560fsb
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    Testing Patriot memory ATM - 4x1 gig at DDR2-1120 at 4-5-4-15
    Cooling in question (Sunbeam Corecontact Cooler for now - way better than my TRUE)
    Water cooling in the buy stage right now
    Zalman 600w PSU
    Coolermaster Stacker Original
    Dell 2407WFP (love this thing)
    EVGA GTX260 216sp at 725mhz core / 1512 shader / 1100memory

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nefariouscaine View Post
    hmmm - thats interesting

anyone do DDR2-1100++ testing on 4 sticks of memory - not really looking to lose that performance if I don't have too

thanks for the additional input
    I tried to but lost my board, 2x2 (gskill 9600's) and 2x2 (gskill 8800's) New egg replaced them all but the hard to find 9600's. I bought them a few days earlier after they came back in stock and they were out again when my RMA arrived. I honestly dont know what fried everything but they were dead. I'd try again but i only have 4gb now.
    Gigabyte Z68X UD7
    Intel Core i7 2600K (testing)
    16GB Mushkin Redline 17000 2133 1.65v
    EK, 3x120 Rad 2xMCP655
    Acer 1200w PSU
    2-128GB Samsung SSD RAID 0
    2-1TB Seagete 32mb RAID 0
    1-1TB Western Digital
    1- Plextor PX-B320SA Blue Ray
    1- Plextor PX-880SA 24x DVD/RW
    2- EVGA Nvidia GTX-480 SLI
    LG 30", Hanns G 28"

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm not having a go, but these boards seem to be very flimsy and prone to failure. Quite a few people have lost their boards, which took out their cpu's and ram as well. I have not seen any other motherboards fail so much, unless you compare them to older gigabyte boards. I have been considering getting one, but after seeing the amount of failures and lost gear resulting from it, there is no way I'm taking the risk.
    Ci7 990X::Rampage III Extreme::12GB Corsair Dominator 1866C7GT::2 x EVGA SC Titans in SLI::Corsair AX1200::TJ07::Watercooled
    Ci7 920 3849B018::Rampage II Extreme::6GB GSKILL Trident 2000C9 BBSE::EVGA GTX580::Antec Signature SG850::TJ09::Aircooled w/TRUE 120X

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptiK View Post
    I'm not having a go, but these boards seem to be very flimsy and prone to failure. Quite a few people have lost their boards, which took out their cpu's and ram as well. I have not seen any other motherboards fail so much, unless you compare them to older gigabyte boards. I have been considering getting one, but after seeing the amount of failures and lost gear resulting from it, there is no way I'm taking the risk.

i don't see that at all.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Mentor
    Haven't you read about the failures and cpu's/ram dying too? There's been more than three boards die, 3 e8600's have been killed when the boards failed, ram has been killed (see a couple of posts above). It's just not good is all, as I said, I am not having a go, I have just noticed it.
    Ci7 990X::Rampage III Extreme::12GB Corsair Dominator 1866C7GT::2 x EVGA SC Titans in SLI::Corsair AX1200::TJ07::Watercooled
    Ci7 920 3849B018::Rampage II Extreme::6GB GSKILL Trident 2000C9 BBSE::EVGA GTX580::Antec Signature SG850::TJ09::Aircooled w/TRUE 120X

Banned
    anyone can burn anyboard ,Cpu ,ram by over doing it these boards are NOT bullet pruff .. as is any board ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sparda View Post
    I ´m wondering if anyone else got the same problem of S3 mode fail to wake up after certain high frequency of the cpu. I pretty sure it BIOS-board because I tried on 2 different cpu and other user also reported the same problem.
    Q9650 above 4Ghz and Q6600 above 3.6Ghz. Below than that S3 work fine.
    Will try new bios and see what gives.
    It up to you. If it a bug you will still get a board with the same problem after rma.
    Same here.. this is really annoying... on wake up my logitech G15 v2 keyboard just blink like a Xmas tree until I force shutdown.

for me this happened just after crossing fbs 450 !
    Please excuse my faulty english

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslappy View Post
    anyone can burn anyboard ,Cpu ,ram by over doing it these boards are NOT bullet pruff .. as is any board ..
    The thing is though, one board and e8600 died at a low clock and 1.39 vcore, and the guy who's board & ram died was only trying to do DDR2 - 1100 with 4 sticks, neither of these situations is anywhere near 'over doing it'.

Xtreme Member
    Hey guys, need a little help here concerning the GTL voltages.

This board uses a different method than normal boards with the .63 and .67 method ( which I am not even sure how this works even after reading the confusing guide )

Anyways here are my settings:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...lyr/42test.jpg

I have the CPU reference in bios @ .893 and MCH reference @ .900~, this helped a lot with stabilizing my overclock on the quad and I have no idea how these work, I am just raising until I gain stability.

My chip seems like a monster though, 4.2ghz stable @ 1.264 Intel Burn 20 passes and Small FTT also, just testing the Blend currently for the northbridge stability which looks good so far as I bumped that to 1.360 in bios.

Xtreme Member
    Azn playa what kind of memory are you using bud.

Xtreme Member
    Just a budget pair of G.SKILL DDR2-1000

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231145

Xtreme Addict
    Not sure what you are talking about. Look at the success rate vs. failure...there could be any number of reasons for the failure that has nothing to do with the boards. This is one of the few boards I've ever seen get 98% score of 4 or 5 on newegg from end user reviews. I think if this board was prone to more failure than usual, we would have heard about it from the whiners that post reviews at newegg. Have a read through some of the Asus and DFI board threads, then think again about how poor this board is....
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we are taken for the dust we are and to the dust we shall return
    Heat

Quote Originally Posted by SPQQKY View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about. Look at the success rate vs. failure...there could be any number of reasons for the failure that has nothing to do with the boards. This is one of the few boards I've ever seen get 98% score of 4 or 5 on newegg from end user reviews. I think if this board was prone to more failure than usual, we would have heard about it from the whiners that post reviews at newegg. Have a read through some of the Asus and DFI board threads, then think again about how poor this board is....
    I have read every thread from the beginning, since i have this board and have rocked it. I agree we have seen a bunch of parts go south, but this board is being purchased for over clocking specificallym, and big OC and you have a lot of people that never changed a setting, making changed to every setting. There are even a case where the guy found out his 8600 wasn't burned by this board.
    So you add all that up, it's gonna lead to some failures.

BUT by no means is this board flimsy, this is one of the most solid boards IE: ultra durable 3 that i have ever owned.
    So you take a new board and get a lot of early adopters starting to get Xtreme, you have to expect some failures. Plus you hardly hear about success, but always hear about failure, that is just the nature of people and having a post like this,
    I am not saying this board is rock solid, but I personally love it,. I got my first sub 10 super PI, my first over 500FSB my highest DDR2 speed and ran a Q9650 @ 4.8G on air. So i am loving it and that makes me more glass half full then being down on this board.

I have my Q9650 ready to go on water and run at 503FSB 4.5GHZ 24/7

Plus once i get in my new place after Dec 1st, I will be cranking my Dominators in that gig contest to go over 1500 Mhz with the ram, i easily got 1284 while tying to rock the fsb... So i am very excited to find out just out how high it can go.

Every board has failures early, add to that a massive OC hands on crowd, and you get wha you see here..
    Last edited by systemviper; 11-21-2008 at 05:19 AM.
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

Xtreme Mentor
    I suppose so, people have been pushing them very hard, and also what you said about certainly hearing about failures as opposed to rarely hearing about successes is true. There have been some remarkable speeds, both FSB with duals and quads and also with ram overclocking, achieved. I know there have been some Asus boards with some very mediocre engineering produced, giving quite ordinary results, except for perhaps the P5Q-Deluxe and the Maximus II Formula. However most people with either of those board don't push them hard at all, and use them for 24/7 gaming rigs or workstations, not extreme overclocking like most results you see with the UD3P. I may relent on my suspicions, and grab one and see how it goes, the A3 P45 chipset is something I'd like to experiment with, and this board seems to be the board to do it with if I am indeed going to do so.

One thing I'd like to know from you guys, is how hot the NB gets under load when you are pushing 1.5 - 1.6 vMCH through it? If the boards don't have a NB temp sensor readout, have any of you felt the heatsink to see how hot it was getting?

Xtreme Addict
    This board can fail 3 times on me and I'll still be happy, costs 2 times less then my DFI X48 and kicks the but out of it for Quad OC.

Will be my next board for sure before X58 matures.
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

I agree totaly with that price thing, I feel it's he best board i have ever owned and i have owned many many boards.

Asus Striker Extreme
    Maximus formula SE
    Maximus Extreme
    Blitz Extreme
    Rampage Formula

Dfi (many Models)
    Favorite was the Mars.

MSI Platinium

EVGA
    680i
    790i ultra
    790i FTW
    680i LT

Foxcon Blackops.

Most of them cost over 300 just to start.
    I have had some failures, lost ram for no reason and some other minor stuff, but I would say i am pretty lucky.

Then i see this GIG UD3 board for 116 after MIR and it turns out to be the most fun board i have ever owned, all i can say is great things about it.

So mine will be doing a Q9650 @ 4.5Ghz with some Dominator 10000's and 2 -3870X2's, this will be a rocking gaming system, all on water.

I was even so impressed that i just ordered the X58 Gig UD5 Extreme, I can't wait!

They have won me over..... But i sill love my Asus, would love to get the X58 Rampage II but only want 1 X58 board for now, so i chose the Gig Extreme.

@CryptiK , i always had a fan pointing over the northbridge, since i even went higher then you stated, i would fell it and it was warm, but never burning. But my plan is that as soon as i gt back to that system after Dec1, i will put the mosfits, northbridge and cpu on water. Plus i will also do something for the southie.....

the it will be interesting to see what the ram and CPU can do on water rather then air like i have been doing.
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

Xtreme Member
    I suppose so, people have been pushing them very hard, and also what you said about certainly hearing about failures as opposed to rarely hearing about successes is true. There have been some remarkable speeds, both FSB with duals and quads and also with ram overclocking, achieved. I know there have been some Asus boards with some very mediocre engineering produced, giving quite ordinary results, except for perhaps the P5Q-Deluxe and the Maximus II Formula. However most people with either of those board don't push them hard at all, and use them for 24/7 gaming rigs or workstations, not extreme overclocking like most results you see with the UD3P. I may relent on my suspicions, and grab one and see how it goes, the A3 P45 chipset is something I'd like to experiment with, and this board seems to be the board to do it with if I am indeed going to do so.

One thing I'd like to know from you guys, is how hot the NB gets under load when you are pushing 1.5 - 1.6 vMCH through it? If the boards don't have a NB temp sensor readout, have any of you felt the heatsink to see how hot it was getting?
    CryptiK-

I think the UD3P is a very nice board for the money. I wish it showed cpu/vtt/mch/ddr voltage readings in the bios and it only has single cpu/mch gtl ref adjustments but that doesn't seem to hold it back from overclocking. I don't know yet if it really requires the big voltages like what defaults with "auto" because I'll need to do more testing. I will comment that component failure can happen with any board. My E8600 failed while testing on my UT P45-T2RS which I consider to be a high quality board.
    Ryzen 9 on the test bench... Sometimes older generation/tech as well.

Banned
    bang for buck VS 300$+ boards I've got 3 of them now with QX9770,& 2 each Q9650 on em ... Yeah 1 was funny acting at 1st but I didn;t Fook around any further with it when it seemed not soo kosher & RMA it back , been a happy camper since

Alot of PPl will not post when they get their board to ROCK ... it's a competative thingy (The "I learned how to get to such & such GHz by working at it Soo i'm not gonna make it easy on the lazy PPl thing")

most of us are gamers SOO we not about to let the other team get an advantage on us ......... now all this is I M H O only L O L !!

Page 17 of 298 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast