Thread: Vcore and PLL Voltage query

Xtreme Member

Vcore and PLL Voltage query

Have a Asus Maximus Formula Se board.

Have a stable over clock at 3.6ghz on a Q6600. Now I want to lower the CPU voltage. It was at 1.45625V but I want to get it lower, i've Prime95'd it so far to 1.38750V stable.

I wanted to ask what CPU PLL Voltage is exactly and if that will also help with temperatures. Should I leave it at 1.50v or lower that slowly while at Vcore of 1.38750v and continue to prime it?

Xtreme Member
    Any help with this please?

I am Xtreme
    lowest PLL i could set was 1.5 but that overvolted to 1.56 on my SE board... try 1.52 and see how much it is...I thought in simple words that CPU pll helped to support high FSB clocks... max 1.6 is fine for your 65nm quad

soem technical mumbo jumbo :

http://www.freshpatents.com/Adjusting-pll

Explained_nb_fsb_sb_voltage
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Now are you talking 1.6v actual or in bios?

| Asus nVidia 580 GTX @ 850MHz |
    | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Mac OS X 10.7.2 |
    | Intel Core i7 970 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte X58A-UD9 | 12GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 |
    | HTC HD2 | MIUI 1.10.21 | Android 2.3.7 | TyTung 12.4 Kernel |

New Builds Coming Soon..

Xtreme Member
    So I'll be lucky to get a PLL less than the 1.50V I have currently?

Vcore is a bit tricky; I had problems with instability until I realized that the Vcore dropped! Once I entered the OS. I remembered it because when I was in Bios (prior to overclocking) checking the Vcore it didn’t add up when checking it in Windows; now I’m certain that most of you guys now this but I’m still fresh when it comes to overclocking, still learning; yet I wanted to share this information with you should someone reading this thread not be aware of it.

Sorry for the “off topic” guys and @ MonsterDK; I can’t help you buddy but I guess you’ve figured that one out already, good luck hope you get it sorted.

Xtreme Addict
    pll voltage has absolutely nothing to do with vcc voltage. its the voltage that the internal phase locked loop needs to lock all the cpu phases to the analog pll clock generators supplied reference frequency and fsb phases. you only need a higher pll voltage when you can see through say cpu-z or bios info that your fsb frequency is bouncing either side back and forth from the target frequency, since deviations in the fsb frequency as usually a result of the cpu phases in misalignment to the fsb phases with respect to an insufficient input voltage on the internal cpu pll.

DFI LT-X48-T2R UT CDC24 Bios | Q9550 E0 | G.Skill DDR2-1066 PK 2x2GB |
    Geforce GTX 280 729/1566/2698 | Corsair HX1000 | Stacker 832 | Dell 3008WFP

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyakame View Post
    pll voltage has absolutely nothing to do with vcc voltage. its the voltage that the internal phase locked loop needs to lock all the cpu phases to the analog pll clock generators supplied reference frequency and fsb phases. you only need a higher pll voltage when you can see through say cpu-z or bios info that your fsb frequency is bouncing either side back and forth from the target frequency, since deviations in the fsb frequency as usually a result of the cpu phases in misalignment to the fsb phases with respect to an insufficient input voltage on the internal cpu pll.
    Is that really the wy to see this? Looking at your CPU-Z screen? lol

Anyway, I think you should create a big thread with all your info combined. So far it looks the be very usefull. Now your information is scattered though.