Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Core i7 LAUNCH CONFIRMED: 11/16

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    3rd of november is also a date I've few days ago
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Member
    It would be great if the ref clock could hit 200mhz, I'm just a bit skeptical.
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat

Xtreme Addict
    same here wanna see that 200+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PENT E8400 batch #814A014 ...4.3 at 1.34v~4.7 at 1.45v
    FOXCONN MARS
    COOLIT Eliminator 7*c idle~27~38*c load $95bucks !
    BUFFALO FireStix's ddr2-800 do 1200 eazy at 2.1v
    OCZ 2x2 kit pc2 8500 - 1066 @1069 atm
    Quattro 1000W
    Radeon 2-4850's in crossfire
    OCZ Vertex SSD thanks Tony!
    ALL PIPED INTO HOUSE AIRCOND ;}
    *QUANTUM FORCE* saaya & sham rocks !
    *REAL TEMP*
    At least you've got some Xtreme software now for working in Xtreme situations! "Unclewebb" rocks !
    *MEMSET* Felix rocks !
    *SUPER TEC MAN* UncleJimbo rocks !
    OVERCLOCKERS MAG..http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=197660

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    According to the french site CanardPC.com, the end of the NDA is for the 3rd november.

W&S
    From what this site says the Wholesalers, and e-tailers are wanting to unload these things due to storage costs. If that's true that would mean this is a hard release and these things have been massed and delivered.

The website is very vague though and has no sources to back up any of the claims, so I'm not believing it until we hear official confirmation. I want to hear them say "Intel has confimed the release of the new Core i7 CPU's will be XX-XX-XX." Until we hear that, it's not happening. There have been lots of false alarms in the past with these releases, but every single time Intel has confirmed a release on a speciffic date, it happens. I don't believe anything I hear until it comes from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post
    It would be great if the ref clock could hit 200mhz, I'm just a bit skeptical.

Who said the ref clock was gonna be the main driver behind max clocks? This is new technology. We might not even be using the ref clock at all to OC it. We could be using something entirely different that nobody knows about yet.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    Who said the ref clock was gonna be the main driver behind max clocks? This is new technology. We might not even be using the ref clock at all to OC it. We could be using something entirely different that nobody knows about yet.

...Aside from its internal clock and its multiplier, how else would you overclock it? the CPU has a multiplier that works off its internal reference clock.
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slovnaft View Post
    What a great first post!
    Thx mate

DV hardware was maybe right since the 17/09.

We will see soon now ...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post

...Aside from its internal clock and its multiplier, how else would you overclock it? the CPU has a multiplier that works off its internal reference clock.
    Exactly.It can only be only one of those two or the combo of both: unlocked multi(XE or Turbo mode on standard ones) or ref. clock adjustment.

Banned
    Errr so not even going to consider buying this til at least May due to our abysmal dollar value and the usual Australian retailer +40% cause it's new price increase.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Exactly.It can only be only one of those two or the combo of both: unlocked multi(XE or Turbo mode on standard ones) or ref. clock adjustment.

Have you folks seen the BIOS screens from the Enthusiast boards yet? The only thing I've been able to find are Intel ref boards and confidential options. I haven't seen anything on the net yet that shows the BIOS screens on boards we'll be working with.
    Last edited by T_Flight; 10-17-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    Hey guys

so i came across a whole bunch of sites in Australia listing pricing on Core i7 CPUs...

$1 AUD is $0.69 USD at the moment

Core i7 965 >> $1999 - 2724 ~~~ USD$1380 - US$1880
    Core i7 940 >> $962 - 1225 ~~~ USD$663 - US$845
    Core i7 920 >> $538 - 691 ~~~ USD$371 - US$478

staticeice website usually gets the best prices in australia hence why i used it to show examples

i spoke to one of the retailers listing cheapest prices on 965 CPUs and they tell me that SKUs are listed but there is no stock at the moment and that they are just going off the wholesaler pricing. He doesnt have an ETA yet but told me to call him in a week or so

Anyone else have any pricing from their countries. Either our retailers are price gouging really badly or the prices will really be pretty high

I was under impression that 965 CPUs will have US$999 RRP or thereabouts judging from historical pricing when new CPUs ship out....even though it's a thousand unit price we've seen that they tend to sell around that price as well in US....Our pricing as of late wasnt too bad compared to US but we have taken a hit on exchange rate recently but still

Dinos22
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Hey guys

so i came across a whole bunch of sites in Australia listing pricing on Core i7 CPUs...

$1 AUD is $0.69 USD at the moment

Core i7 965 >> $1999 - 2724 ~~~ USD$1380 - US$1880
    Core i7 940 >> $962 - 1225 ~~~ USD$663 - US$845
    Core i7 920 >> $538 - 691 ~~~ USD$371 - US$478

staticeice website usually gets the best prices in australia hence why i used it to show examples

i spoke to one of the retailers listing cheapest prices on 965 CPUs and they tell me that SKUs are listed but there is no stock at the moment and that they are just going off the wholesaler pricing. He doesnt have an ETA yet but told me to call him in a week or so

Anyone else have any pricing from their countries. Either our retailers are price gouging really badly or the prices will really be pretty high

I was under impression that 965 CPUs will have US$999 RRP or thereabouts judging from historical pricing when new CPUs ship out....even though it's a thousand unit price we've seen that they tend to sell around that price as well in US....Our pricing as of late wasnt too bad compared to US but we have taken a hit on exchange rate recently but still

Dinos22
    The price ranges are scattered, and expect some gouging as well at the retail level for the first several weeks....

Froogle -- http://www.google.com/products?q=Cor...earch+Products
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Addict
    From what I've seen, the multis will go up a few notches, even in cheaper models, due to the turbo mode mechanics. Only fully unlocked extreme edition models can up the multi beyond what turbo mode can do. Looks like base frequency can be adjusted too, but very limited. But eh good thing is, the multis will be soo high even @ stock, that an slight base frequency increase will yield nice clock improvements.

Of course i may be wrong, but thats what some credible guys have said/implied.
    Last edited by Tonucci; 10-17-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Uhhrr, I'm on a site that will actually let me purchase it...
    I mean, it doesn't even say anything about pre-ordering...
    Are they letting sites put early products up then?

...looks like provantage is even listing SmackOver at $292...
    Last edited by Slovnaft; 10-17-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonucci View Post
    From what I've seen, the multis will go up a few notches, even in cheaper models, due to the turbo mode mechanics. Only fully unlocked extreme edition models can up the multi beyond what turbo mode can do. Looks like base frequency can be adjusted too, but very limited. But eh good thing is, the multis will be soo high even @ stock, that an slight base frequency increase will yield nice clock improvements.

Of course i may be wrong, but thats what some credible guys have said/implied.
    I have this bad feeling that there are gonna be some very dead CPU's because of this old FSB mindset and way of thinking. I've seen lots of new options on ref boards, and who knows what boards like the Asus enthusiasts boards will have in there.

This thing is a completely different CPU. It is not like anything before it. If you go in there thinking I'll bump the voltage and jack the FSB (which there isn;t one any longer) up I really get the impression that folks are gonna be in for a shock. There are a myriad of sttings on just the reference board, and who knows what settings relate to what, and what settings influence others.

That IMC also throws a new curve ball into the mix. It's brand new. There's never been anything like it, and I've read things like "it'll work just like AMD's did" which has turned out not to be the case. It's that thinking that this CPU is like past technology. I really hope I don;lt see one of these killed due to that thinking. That would be enough to make a grown man cry to finally get all that stuff, and then start pecking around in the BIOS and end up with the black screen of death.

That's why I'm being very careful to hold back until I see some real official info posted on this thing about how it *really* works and what makes it tick. I've seen alot of rumors posted that turned out to be really bad info. Alot of it stemmed from Fud (which I Ignore), but some of it was posted from Anandtech and that really concerns me. I really belived Intel had a memory issue when it fact that was totally bogus. In fact the majority of these rumors have tunred out to be not true, so that leaves us with not every much except the stuff from IDF's.

Xtreme Addict
    Well I don't think anyone's gonna be going for 600mhz bus if that's what you're worried about...
    Last edited by Slovnaft; 10-17-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    The memory issue was overblown, but it seems like it was not TOTALLY bogus outlandish rumor. Anandtech and some others already killed several Nehalens with with mem voltages that would be ok with current processors. Nehalen may be able to run memory at similar speeds but lower volts, but its still something to be aware of.

Even tho T Flight is right about being better to wait until we have more info, the final frequency is still Multi X base frequency. There should be many new things to learn but the clocks are calculated this way.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Slovnaft View Post
    Well I don't think anyone's gonna be going for 600mhz bus if that's what you're worried about...
    Yeah I'm basically preaching to the choir here. People here take their time to do the research and do things carefully. There are some out there though who will kill the memory side of the CPU, and that's fatal.

I can't remember which voltage it was, but if you have a VDimm delta between the VDimm and one of the other voltages to the CPU, that Delta will break down the gates and poof! that's all she wrote. That's why they said for folks to start out with the low voltage first, and then after we learn what those tricks are we can move forward at our own risk with voltage, but it still is gonna have to be within reason, and we must use a narrow delta. I believe the number was no more than .10 of a volt, but do not hold me to that. I'm just pulling that number from memory and could be wrong. These are also "could be" theroretical numbers. You guys know that those numbers could change after a bunch of us get in there and start playing with these.

To high of a delta is what causes this though. It has been confirmed on that. We don't know what the actual trick is. That is under NDA. We also don't know exactly what options do what. There are lots of guys that have had hands on, and I'm sure they are anxious to share but they cannot right now. I'm anxious for the NDA to be lifted so we can hear from them. They know for a fact. These guys have had actual hands on performance OC'ing experience with these.

I've been sticking with my statement just as a reminder to myself to pay attention to what I'm doing when I get it, and get it tested. "It ain't extreme if I kill it.". heh That'll keep you awake. Or, another good reminder would be to get the receipts out for the stuff and tape it to your case as a reminder "Hey You! Pay attention...don't kill me, you might not get another one of me for a few months." hehe

Another good one would be to print out a nice graphic of somebody sitting in an electric chair with a caption that says "I will electrocute your ass if you screw me up." hahahha
    Last edited by T_Flight; 10-17-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Either our retailers are price gouging really badly or the prices will really be pretty high
    They have ALWAYS been like that. I remember when the 4850 first came out places had it for $399.

Xtreme Addict
    Isn't price gouging illegal here in the USA? I know the that the guys that were talking about this are in Aus, but if we catch them doing that here do we have any recourse? I'm pretty sure there are laws against that here.

Xtreme Cruncher
    They justify it with the price of shipping stock from the US and import costs, so I'm fairly sure it's not illegal. Just makes it more tempting to buy stuff from the US and have a mate ship it over as a "gift"

"This forum requires that you wait 70 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds."

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

Xtreme Guru
    it is the day i buy my 3rd maybe 4th q9650

Xtreme Addict
    Can't believe I'm the first one to say this:

Remember Remember the MONTH of November...
    Last edited by clayton; 10-17-2008 at 10:18 PM.

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Xtreme Mentor
    A recent review from MyDrivers.com

Enjoy

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    A recent review from MyDrivers.com

Enjoy
    Basically , Nehalem is every bit as good as an equivalent clocked Quad Core Penryn in games while it trashes it in everything else although running with Dual Channel DDR3 1066.

If this isn't astounding , I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast