Thread: Foxconn Support and RMA Infos

Xtreme X.I.P.

Foxconn Support and RMA Infos

Hey Guys,

RMAs in EUROPE:
    Just a heads up, just in case any of you needs an RMA in europe, some shops collect boards before they send them to their distributor, who collects boards before he sends it to us
    So RMA times can be quite lengthy depending on the shop. If your shop cant replace your board right away or your not sure, you can RMA the board directly with us which means higher shipping costs (to netherlands, return shipping will be paid by foxconn) but should cut down rma times to 2 weeks or less.

Email: rma.nl@foxconn.com
    Tel: +31 40 8485016

the rma time for newegg in the us should be very good, so i dont think i need to post the US infos, right?

RMAs in the rest of the world:
    register and contact the tech support here: http://portal.foxconnchannel.com/portal/
    or email them to eservice@foxconn.com

Hope this helps
    Last edited by saaya; 10-21-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Hello , I have a Mars Foxconn mobo ,i have a problem with this mobo , in a few words this mobo looks dead ,when I switch on the Seasonic 650W PSU the blue led on the mobo remain dead , I already check the Seasonic 650W PSU two times with a tester and the PSU is OK , i swap this Mars mobo and installed a older foxconn 945P7AA-8EKRS2H-N15235 motherboard and the PC with this older mobo is working properly OK , therefore I need to RMA this Mars motherboard , can you tell me please wich steps I must do to RMA this motherboard ? thank you

Can you tell me please if there is another way to check the conditions of this MARS mobo before I send to RMA ? , as I already tell you in the first message , I am sure now the lack of power is not due to a faulty PSU , because the PSU Seasonic 650W energy Plus is working fine when I install the old Foxconn 945P7AA motherboard ,but when I install the MARS mobo , the blue led of the MARS mobo dont turn on ( when I switch on the PSU ) , I swap the memory RAM module with another RAM module ( all RAM modules are 1Gb DDR2 800MHz ) but the blue led of the MARS is still dead , may be I need to swap the processor CPU with another CPU ,can you tell me your opinion please ? , thank you

I forgot to add that I have connected to the Foxconn Mars mobo the 24 pin power cable of the Seasonic 650W Energy Plus PSU and also have connected the extra power 8 pin connector to the CPU , but the standby blue LED of the Mars mobo dont light up when the PSU is switched on.The same Seasonic PSU connected to a older Foxconn 945P7AA is working properly .Are there any other check I can do to this Mars mobo before the RMA ? thank you

Xtreme X.I.P.
    was it working before?
    what did you change or what happened between the board working and not working anymore?
    did you connect the 4pin 12v power plug to the board?
    did you try other memory?
    did you try another cpu?
    did you try another vga?
    did you try the board outside of the case?
    it could be shorted by the case...

if the board is dead then contact the tech support here:
    http://portal.foxconnchannel.com/portal/
    or email them to eservice@foxconn.com

Xtreme Member
    Whats the FoxConn turnaround time like for the US? I suspect my board died (will find out for sure), and I need a working PC by next Saturday.....

New EOCF SuperPi thread! Post your scores here
    PCProfile ClubOC ClubNBOC

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by ether.real View Post
    Whats the FoxConn turnaround time like for the US? I suspect my board died (will find out for sure), and I need a working PC by next Saturday.....
    im not sure, just phone them up and check
    i suspect 2 weeks more or less, the usual rma turnaround time...

Hello there, please can you tell me what happen if a motherboard short against the mobo tray ?, I know in this situation the PSU automatically switch off and the computer dont work anymore, but what about the mobo ? , thank you for the answer

Regards Eric

Xtreme Member
    Hello there, please can you tell me what happen if a motherboard short against the mobo tray ?, I know in this situation the PSU automatically switch off and the computer dont work anymore, but what about the mobo ? , thank you for the answer
    I have just recieved a replacement board back from RMA and it was acting like it was shorting, will not post, no error code readout turns out the board is warped so when i screw it into the case part of the circuit is broken

Asus P9X79PRO, EK MOSFET H20,
    3930K @ 4.8 Full Nickel HF Supreme
    EVGA classified GTX 780 Hydro copper 4 x 4gb Mushkin 1600 @1.5v
    2 X 250 GB Samsung evo RO, 3 x 640 WD Blacks Storage, Corsair AX1200, Phobya Nova 1080, Fesser 120,with GT 1850's

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonschk View Post

Regards Eric
    the board should work fine, but depending on where it gets shorted it might damage or kill the board...

Quote Originally Posted by RAYTTK View Post
    I have just recieved a replacement board back from RMA and it was acting like it was shorting, will not post, no error code readout turns out the board is warped so when i screw it into the case part of the circuit is broken
    hey ray, this is what you pmed me about, right? so it works on a bench but not in the case... well like i just replied in pm, make sure its not shorting against the back of the case, if its not, then take a picture, if its possible to see the warping on it, and send it to the rma guys and explain it to them. they should replace the board

hi, how do i register to this site.. http://portal.foxconnchannel.com/portal/#

the register member link doesn't work.. thanks!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yes, they broke the site some days ago when they updated something.
    Please use the email addresses and email them directly until the site is fixed

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for this...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

Thank you Saaya for the answer , you told me the Mobo can become damaged or destroyed , but the duty of a power supply ( with short circuit protection ) is to stop the supply of electricity before the Mobo is damaged or may be the PSU cant do anything to avoid the damage of the mobo ?, thank you for the help

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey,
    I have a compatibility issue with (Dell) Perc 5/i card and the Bloodrage GTI.
    on the P07/P06 bios versions, it won't install under Vista, gives me Error code 10, "Device cannot start".
    Moving to an older Bios, G13 solved the Problem, but it is a very (very) buggy BIOS, I can barely stand it.
    I moved from Asus P6T Deluxe and it worked flawlessly without a single issue for 6 month, even when the computer was Overclocked 24/7.

Who do I contact about it ? I want to know if it can be fixed in a newer upcoming BIOS update, or something else can be done.
    BTW, I am located in Israel.

Thanks.

PC: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Kingston Hyperx T1 6GB 2000Mhz 8-8-8 RAM | Foxconn Bloodrage GTI | Sapphire 4870X2 | Perc 5/i - WD 640AAKSx4 RAID0 | Asus 2014L1T | Dell 2407WFP | Lian Li G70 Silver Watercooled
    WaterCooling: Q² Project by The-Fox
    CPU Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Feser X-Changer 480 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/ DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 250 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x4
    GPU Loop: EK-FC4870 X2 Nickel | Swiftech MCR320 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 150 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Fox View Post
    Hey,
    I have a compatibility issue with (Dell) Perc 5/i card and the Bloodrage GTI.
    on the P07/P06 bios versions, it won't install under Vista, gives me Error code 10, "Device cannot start".
    Moving to an older Bios, G13 solved the Problem, but it is a very (very) buggy BIOS, I can barely stand it.
    I moved from Asus P6T Deluxe and it worked flawlessly without a single issue for 6 month, even when the computer was Overclocked 24/7.

Who do I contact about it ? I want to know if it can be fixed in a newer upcoming BIOS update, or something else can be done.
    BTW, I am located in Israel.

Thanks.

same problem with the non GTI version

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA National Debt

Xtreme Mentor
    I had the same issue and went round and round on this issue. The best solution I could come up with was BIOS P03, stable , solid but not a great overclocking BIOS. You other solution of course is to get a different board.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Gents, I have an issue with the external eSATA Jmicron controller.

OS = x64 Vista SP1
    BIOS = P06

For some unknown reason, my external drive has the following error, "The media you are trying to write to is write protected." This issue does not occur if I use a eSATA bracket from the ICHR.

I can fix the problem by doing the following:

1. diskpart
    2. select disk [x]
    3. select volume [y]
    4. attributes volume clear readonly

This allows me to write to the drive again. Strangely, upon reboot the disk reverts to the above error intermittently. I hate intermittent errors.

Would anyone know if this is the driver or hardware causing this issue?
    "The only solid piece of scientific truth about which I feel totally confident is that we are profoundly ignorant about nature...It is this sudden confrontation with the depth and scope of ignorance that represents the most significant contribution of 20th century science to the human intellect."
    -Lewis Thomas, The Medusa and the Snail

"The best definition we have found for civilization is that civilized man does what is best for all, the savage does what is best for himself."
    -Edwin Hubble

H.E.A.T
    MarioKart FID-0774-5798-8330

Xtreme Addict
    I am wondering how about RMA if I am from Europe but I bought motherboard in USA?

Still can ship mobo to RMA if sth bad will be happen?

Xtreme Addict
    bumpo bumpo ?

Xtreme Addict
    Well, they claim that RMA is bound to mobo itself, not owner.. and if I´m correct as long you have some paper, that someone bought that mobo.. you can RMA it. Otherwise, I have one functional BloodRage if you want it. (from USA aswell.. lol).
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Cruncher
    How long does it take to get answer from Foxconn? I sent an email about a week ago for an RMA request but I haven't got any answer.
    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair H60
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    8GB Mushkin Blackline @ 1800Mhz
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB
    Crucial C300 SSD - Bootdrive
    2 x 640GB Samsung - 1.2TB RAID 0
    800GB Western Digital Green SATAII
    Corsair TX 750
    Coolermaster HAF932 - Modded by Blackstare