Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic CPU Benchmark

Quote Originally Posted by roofsniper View Post
    yea id consider this more of a ram benchmark. i believe you are the only one running ddr3 and your score is much higher than anyone else.
    Ddr3 here as well.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Ddr3 here as well.
    your duo does pretty well but theres nothing to compare it to.

i tried changing from unganged to ganged and i saw no difference in the benchmark result. also has anyone seen that every time you start up your computer the first time to run the test it gets a score much lower than all the others?

Quote Originally Posted by cold_fire View Post

Why does your result have a decimal instead of a comma ? (40.531)

i dont know but look at "El Greco"s result on 2. page. it has decimal also. i think it is because of OS. i use vista. and look like "El Greco" use vista too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cold_fire View Post
    i dont know but look at "El Greco"s result on 2. page. it has decimal also. i think it is because of OS. i use vista. and look like "El Greco" use vista too.
    I use vista as well.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Why does your result have a decimal instead of a comma ? (40.531)
    yea i saw that as well but i don;t think it is that big of a deal.

I think the comma/period thing is due to the OS's localization setting. If you're set to somewhere that separates thousands with periods instead, it'll be switched.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    i ran the bench again with tighter timings of 5-5-5-15-21 instead of 5-5-5-24-30 at 1066. i didn't see a change so idk how the bench works.

Quote Originally Posted by roofsniper View Post
    i ran the bench again with tighter timings of 5-5-5-15-21 instead of 5-5-5-24-30 at 1066. i didn't see a change so idk how the bench works.
    The OP can tell us exactly how it works.

Xtreme Addict
    now i tried running the bench on 800mhz ram instead of 1066. no change at all. then i tried all my other benchmarks. i saw no change at all either. in super pi i even saw a 2 second decrease so im kinda confused. might have something to do with the fact that my cpu came out before 1066 was even jedec certified on it. particle do you know what to do to get a better score?

I am Xtreme
    give him money or sex, either one will boost your score

Scores should generally increase with both CPU clock increase, RAM clock decrease, and/or RAM timings decrease. It's strange that your RAM difference didn't impact your score.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    changing from unganged to ganged didn't change my score, changing from 5-5-5-24-30 to 5-5-5-15-21 didn't change my score and changing from 1066 to 800 didn't change my score. i am afterall just running a phenom 9600 at stock clocks tho. and i have questioned it from the start if my cpu can even work with 1066. im gonna try running the ram at 533 now.

Xtreme Addict
    i just tried it again at 667 with no change in score. i am starting to believe that my cpu could be the bottleneck of this program.

edit: super pi did best on ddr2-800 followed by ddr2-667 and then ddr2-1066. after running the AOD benchmark i noticed that with each speed decrease in ram the memory speed score would go down but the overall score was higher. doesn't make any sense to me but w/e.
    Last edited by roofsniper; 10-12-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Vista x64, Q6600 @ 3.6GHz, DDR2-800 4-4-4-12, etc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Generic CPU Bench - 2008-10-13 - 0.20.55 - Bench Only.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	86892  
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

all outta gum
    Vista x64, G.Skill PQ at Trd=9

Looks like the extra RAM clock made a difference from Metric's 800MHz. I'll try to lower the Trd and see what happens.
    EDIT: Lol, my results have neither period nor coma?
    Last edited by G.Foyle; 10-12-2008 at 11:32 PM.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Enthusiast
    vista x64

Wuf
    Tested at schools comp:
    A64 3500+ and XP

Name:	Generic CPU Bench - 2008-10-13 - 13.35.39 - Bench Only.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	86895  
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Back from the Dead
    It doesn't want to start on my Octacore.. just says "Application failed to start"
    On XP x64... Help?
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Do you have the .NET 2.0 framework or better installed?

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Back from the Dead
    Ah, no, I haven't.
    Will try to install it
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Back from the Dead
    Here we go.. try and beat that

Dual X5450, running 445x9, 8GB DDR2-800 FBDimm at 890Mhz 5-5-5-15 in QuadChannel configuration

Name:	GCB.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	86909  

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Warm up... no tweaking, system at stock clocks... and really loose RAM timings & subtimings ( low frequency as well as you can see ).
    Normal windows XP Pro SP3 x86 installation, with background programs running ( winamp, flashget downloading, msn )

Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Not breaking a sweat... still loose subtimings and chipset related stuff.
    Might give this a shot later on at 5.5GHz with the RAM at 1800+ 6-5-5-16 1T on a better mobo

Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Back from the Dead
    Impressive score for a Quad. You can go beyond 6Ghz and you still won't beat mine tho *g*
    Need a ST + QX CPUs for that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast