HUGE UPDATE Later Today

More info later this afternoon!

Xtreme Addict
    Oohhh Snap!!!

I can't wait to see the updates.

Never go full retard
    finally, its murderMod time!

edit:
    wow, that was bad...even I am ashamed of my own post.
    Last edited by skinnee; 10-14-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looking great 4 now!
    Corsair Obsidian 650D - EVGA P67 FTW - Samsung F3 1Tb - 8Gb A-Data cheapest crap DDR3 - Intel Core i5 2500K w/ Corsair H50 - EVGA GTX 295 co-op - Corsair AX650

Banned
    Hmm this arvo you say. Hmmmm you have daylight savings so hmmm I'll be home at 12 my time so that's 1pm your time and then UPDATES lol.

Xtreme Enthusiast

MurderMod Update

At this point I must give a HUGE thanks to Charles from Murderbox/MurderMod for putting up with my endless badgering/questions relating to his build that he did for FriedChicken and the MurderMod parts that are now available via his website www.murdermod.com He has been huge help - thanks mate I am glad to have shared this experience with you

Now as you are aware my TJ07 is going to be using some of the new MurderMod parts that Charles and Nils have been working on over the last few months. When I received them I tried for a long time to capture their quality in photos but felt that I couldn't really do them justice with a simple point and shoot. That is why I have only got a few shots to share with you at this stage. If you want to see some professional shots of each piece simply go to www.murdermod.com and see the shots that Charles took as I cannot even begin to compete with them. Charles let me use one of the faceplate shots so I can put something in the log

Ok so picking up where we left off last time the first thing to do is strip down the entire case and give it a good clean out as I am going to be powdercoating the interior a nice flat black! I know that there have been a few pics already of stripped out TJ07's but a few more wont hurt!

Whats that down in the bottom left?? As hinted at earlier today I had a delivery around this point courtesy of my good friend Charles.

Excuse the hand model

Now you may ask why is this the back plate in silver when usually MurderBox/Mods are always black - well they are offered this way so when you powdercoat your internals you can get this done with them to match. This is to stop having a slightly off colour backplate compared to the rest of the internals. So the next step is to have the internals plus the back plate shipped off to the powder coaters - I am told it is a 5 day turn around....

Thats enough for today - tomorrows update will include the mounting of the rads down the bottom and also get some sleeving done.

Banned
    Congrats m8!

Gonna be sick!!!

Never go full retard
    :drool:

Xtreme Addict
    Oh no, 5 day turnaround.

Thanks for the sweet update, just look at those parts!!

I can't wait for more.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can't wait for more.
    +1 i can't wait to see where this is going!

Banned
    Hmmm Congrats mate. I so want MurderMod parts too.

Xtreme Member
    The murdermod parts look sick!

Xtreme Member

MurderMod

Thanks for leading me to murderMod, very interesting. Not exactly what I wanted but close. Greating starting point for one of my ideas.
    i7-930
    Asus Rampage III Extreme
    Corsaire PC3 2000C8 12G
    EVGA 480 GTX
    EVGA 450 for Phyx
    WD VelociRaptor 600
    Hitachi 2TGB Raid Mirror
    Asus Xonar D2X
    Corsair 800D
    Watercooled

Xtreme Addict
    this is gonna be another SICK looking project bro! can't wait to see more updates!

Xtreme Addict
    You lucky bastard.

That must have cost a pretty penny...

Xtreme Enthusiast

Subscribed!

Going to be scweeet! Congrats on being one of the first w/ Murdermods parts. Looking forward to your progress and steeling some of your ideas!
    Intel Xeon 3520 | eVGA Classified E759, GTX-285 SSC Tri-SLI | Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz 7-8-7-20 | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | Intel 160GB X25-MG2 x 2, WDC 1TB Green Storage | Watercool HK 3.0, GPU-X² GTX285, MO-RA 2 Pro | Mips Chipset Kühler | Dual Laing 18w DDC+ | Corsair HX1000 | murderMod TJ07 #007 | Dell 3008WFP | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |

Xtreme Enthusiast

Minor Update

Back again for some more fun!

Firstly thanks to all for your kinds words

Ok so with the case in pieces this gives me some time to get some sleeving done. I plan on sleeving most things in nice black Techflex that again I got months ago in preparation for this build. I put together a sleeving guide of sorts which some of you may have already seen but if not here is my Cable Sleeving Guide

24 pin

Pcie before

And Pcie after

Well for the mounting of the rads I had thought about this and ultimately decided I didn't like the idea of attaching them with screws to the bottom of the case as I know that some slight adjustment is going to be needed to get this right. So whilest thinking about that I stumbled upon a sheet of foam that my partner had purchased for some craft work and it looked like it might do the job. The only way to find out is...

So a couple of cuts later and you get this

and it turns out to be a perfect height to allow proper clearance of the rad with the lip on the side of the case - how good is that

Starting to get extremely cramped down here

Some other little things that were done which you may have noticed is that I have removed all of the stickers from the PSU so it is now all black and I also sleeved the front panel connectors.

Ok well that is probably enough for today but I have some good news - the next update will include some shots of the painted internals that are now done!

Banned
    Cool. All black I presume?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Cool. All black I presume?
    you would be correct there Momo

Only hint of colour is the blue led fans and the fan controller which is blue - just havent quite worked out where that is going yet.

MDPC
    Hey Dangals, I just wanted to drop in to tell you that I really love the introduction-picture!

Xtreme Addict
    Looking great! Do you plan on having foam above the radiators too? What kind of fittings are you using to route your tubing down there?

Xtreme Member
    ooo wow. nice update dangals!
    getting envious of your tj07!
    mine still in the box... haha.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dualbrain View Post
    Hey Dangals, I just wanted to drop in to tell you that I really love the introduction-picture!
    Thanks Nils - was hoping you would like it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Looking great! Do you plan on having foam above the radiators too? What kind of fittings are you using to route your tubing down there?
    No just on the underside of the rads to support them. It actually works better than I thought as the foam tends to grip the bottom of the case and prevents the rads from moving anywhere....not that they have anywhere to go

The fittings are the ones I mentioned earlier are these 90degree rotary fittings from Koolance that RRR recomended before the launch of the bitspower ones....

Quote Originally Posted by bianco View Post
    ooo wow. nice update dangals!
    getting envious of your tj07!
    mine still in the box... haha.
    Thanks Bianco - you will love the case it is just about perfect for watercooling

Xtreme Member
    yeah. been changing my bookmarks for build references from cosmos-s builds to tj07s...
    just realized, i've been following your other buid as well for the cosmos!
    hahah

great work as always dangals

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Your build is coming along very nicely Dangals and your worklog, like your sleeving guide is wonderfully presented.

I have to say that I'm honored that you would choose murderMod parts for your build. From talking to you over the past months, I know you're going to do a phenomenal job with your build. I'd like to thank you for all your assistance and feedback over the past months Dangals - I really appreciate all your help.

I'm really looking forward to the next update; keep up the great work!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast