Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: "Whiteout" PC 343b Horiz. Mobo. Worklog

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutless009 View Post
    Try a smaller company first, like some little name trying to make it bigger, they're easier to sway than the big companies where nobody besides a peon probably read your email
    What company would you reccomend? I've only tried the big ones: Club3d, Palit, Powercolor, Gigabyte, ASUS, etc....
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Banned
    Try someone who focuses strictly on accessories, if I was going to go for a sponsorship, Id prolly go for Bitspower, XSPC, or somebody like that mostly cuz then you get tons of accessories and they are more accessible than larger companies

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutless009 View Post
    Try someone who focuses strictly on accessories, if I was going to go for a sponsorship, Id prolly go for Bitspower, XSPC, or somebody like that mostly cuz then you get tons of accessories and they are more accessible than larger companies
    Oh I think we're talking about different things. I'm trying to get a graphics card company to sponsor me. I can pay for the little things, but its the graphics cards that are going to kill me in the end financially. I just sent an email off to AMD's worldwide community person, so hopefully they can help me out.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well i finally put the ultra to good use in my test bench . I have to say this thing is HUGE, but the modular cables are really convenient, especially for a test bench user because I don't have random cables all over the place. It depends on what you call loud, but this thing isn't exactly quiet either. When I've got some decent load on my stuff, it starts to rock! Meanwhile, I'm installing TONS of 3D programs, including 3DS Max, Maxwell Render, RealFlow, V-Ray, Softimage XSI, Inventor 2009, and a bunch of others.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPanda View Post
    Well i finally put the ultra to good use in my test bench . I have to say this thing is HUGE, but the modular cables are really convenient, especially for a test bench user because I don't have random cables all over the place. It depends on what you call loud, but this thing isn't exactly quiet either. When I've got some decent load on my stuff, it starts to rock! Meanwhile, I'm installing TONS of 3D programs, including 3DS Max, Maxwell Render, RealFlow, V-Ray, Softimage XSI, Inventor 2009, and a bunch of others.
    I don't want to be condescending or sound mean or anything, but, I would say its probably your age that is stopping you from getting sponsors. Kinda sucks but thats the way it is :\

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    I don't want to be condescending or sound mean or anything, but, I would say its probably your age that is stopping you from getting sponsors. Kinda sucks but thats the way it is :\
    not quite getting why my age would affect anything, but i guess its possible. I think the main reason is that I am asking for a couple of super high value things, and people probably don't even want to take a look. Just my thoughts....
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Never go full retard
    What are you giving in return to the companies you are asking for sponsorship? They don't just give away parts, you have to earn the items...nothing is free.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    What are you giving in return to the companies you are asking for sponsorship? They don't just give away parts, you have to earn the items...nothing is free.
    ummmmmmm...advertising???
    Ba da dum dum dum.

It seems like most people who get sponsorships have several high quality builds completed already, and have demonstrated something unique that will bring attention to the sponsor's products. So, it may not be your age holding you back at this point. Keep on going and don't give up, but don't be disappointed if you don't get a high end video card sponsor this early in the game.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    It seems like most people who get sponsorships have several high quality builds completed already, and have demonstrated something unique that will bring attention to the sponsor's products. So, it may not be your age holding you back at this point. Keep on going and don't give up, but don't be disappointed if you don't get a high end video card sponsor this early in the game.
    Yeah I'm not. I never actually expected them to sponsor me, but I was a bit disconcerted that none of them had the courtesy to reply. I'll find a way to pay for the build, but by the time I'm ready for that, the next nvidia boards, chipsets, cards, will be out so I'll just get whatever the latest and greatest things are then. I really really really hope the gtx295 and the 5870 stuff comes out, because that would be a great way to finish this build. I'd like to use nVidia in this build as I have used nVidia for most of my graphics in the past. I'd love to buy three of the nicest ones they have and do some crazy tri-sli with dual gpu chips for a total of 6 gpu's
    Last edited by FrostyPanda; 12-03-2008 at 08:03 PM.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice mod I really dig the black and white theme!

Never go full retard
    I'll take the sponsorship thing to PM's. I don't want to muck up your build log.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    I'll take the sponsorship thing to PM's. I don't want to muck up your build log.
    Thanks! . Just got your PM
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Never go full retard

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPanda View Post
    Damn...no little clips of some chap saying Fu*k yeah.....

Yup its a POSIDE (Piece of Sh*t IDE) cable. Ive got two more IDE HDD's in the background on the bottom level of the test bench, but that IDE is connecting my opti drive. I rarely use it so I don't really care that much. When I finish my current build, though, everything will be SATA

I like this one:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...k/8addb9b4.gif

Xtreme Member
    great job, sub'd

Xtreme Enthusiast
    HUGE UPDATE!!!

This update isn't exactly a water cooling update but I have had a major turn in my parts list . Let's take a look...

(Sorry for the Blurriness on some of these...)

First up....Could it be a GTX 260? Why yes it could....but not only that it is the somewhat new Core 216 SSC version (which I of course overclocked even more )

Hmmmmmm.....what could this be?

PEANUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO <explicit word> EXCITED!!!!

Darn.... Oh snap! It's an EVGA X58 SLI!

They send way too much crap with these things these days....

Whoa....My pants just got smaller..........

Crap photo I know...but it's better than nothing.....

Fits quite nicely....

Well whaddya know...Its my little helper buddy! Se llama Tiki (el es de Argentina)

Purty.....

I would zoom in for you all but my camera is on its period today....

Air cooler!!!!!! (Don't worry. It'll be changed out soon enough )

Orgasmic.... Only 3 gigs but i'm runnin 32 bit so I can't take advantage of any more )

This really does look pretty sick....

Ta Dah!!!! I'm gonna finally be able to sell the rest of my old parts so hopefully I'll be able to get some w/c parts and start oc'ing this stuff on those beautiful Feser 360s.......

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Banned
    was wondering when you were going to be posting another update

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by just a noob View Post
    was wondering when you were going to be posting another update
    Yeah it took a while. I've been hella busy lately so it was hard to find time to get this up!

Enjoy!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict
    Finally some updates again

Looking very good, but I must say that's some expensive kit you have there

Xtreme Enthusiast
    woohoo finally seeing this build going somewhere again! nice looking hardware!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by N19h7m4r3 View Post
    Finally some updates again

Looking very good, but I must say that's some expensive kit you have there
    Haha yes it was . Not really looking forward to the next part of the build. I've calculated approximately $800 for the next step (PA120.2, Comp fittings, pumps, res's, aftermarket tops, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by sniperbob View Post
    woohoo finally seeing this build going somewhere again! nice looking hardware!
    Thanks!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Chiming in late here but I just had to give my hats off to you. It looks fantastic. Can't believe I missed this thread before now. I have actually been working on something similar for almost a year now but opposite. Black exterior and white interior. I had some major painting woes and finally handed it off to a buddy of mine who has plenty of auto painting experience and all the equipment to boot. Of course right in the middle of the project I had a wedding and a move but hoping to get back on track here soon. Can't wait to see how yours looks when you get er all done. keep up the good work it's obviously paying off!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so any new news on this project? updates?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well its been over two years since I last posted in here. Since then not much has really happened until this past week when I finally got back to work on this job. After being tired of seeing nearly $400 of radiators sitting in my room, I decided to take action. The past couple of days I've been working on custom building some brackets to mount these to the 343b and they turned out quite nicely. To attach them, I just used some 4-40 screws and made some makeshift rubber gaskets for vibration reduction. Here's some eye-candy for ya. 6 high speed Yate Loons are on the way from Petras. Waterblock and pump will be ordered soon, I hope. Sorry about the quality; they're from the phone camera.

Ba da dum dum dum.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast