Vista Ult. 64
    Cosmos 1000
    30" NEC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsunn View Post
    Those look GREAT
    Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by N19h7m4r3 View Post
    That still sounds crazy! Either way if you'd like the closure the 1200w is for you

I just hope you get this done :P I wanna see it.
    Ugh I dunno. I hate the way the silverstone's look, and as technology gets better, the power will be more demanding, so I'm thinking I may just bite the bullet and get the Ultra X3 1600 anyways. This is the fourth power supply I'll have bought in two years, so I'm getting kind of tired of buying these things. In the long run, I think the 1600w is a good investment... I found it for $388 instead of $429 so I'll probably just get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie3dfx View Post
    Frosty.. excellent paint job.
    Did you end up clear coating the paint or no?
    Thanks . No I didn't end up clear coating because the last time I clear coated, it screwed up the finish. The other reason I didn't this time is because I used a satin finish instead of glossy, and the only clear coat I have is glossy, so it would be a waste of the satin finish. I also have 11 coats in total so i don't need the extra protection of the clear coat.

Quote Originally Posted by TedShred View Post
    Those look great Frosty. Awesome work!
    Thanks again
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Member
    Looks grate man.... I'm hoping that I will have the founds in about a year or when i go to college in about year 1/2 to build one of these rigs!!!
    Double stacked Lian Li 343b Cube lifetime project!

Wow they look awesome! G/J

Xtreme Member
    awesome build... even more so after knowing you're a 15y/o!
    good skills and good luck

sub'd

Xtreme Member
    your parents will slay you when they see the electricity bill

Damn nice build so far though!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extigy View Post
    your parents will slay you when they see the electricity bill

Damn nice build so far though!
    They already do with 680w! They can't complain though, seeming as they run a total of 6 computers.........I keep trying to convince them to combine work pc's and personal pc's into 1 each, but they won't listen. At least electricity's dirt cheap here in seattle
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    MINI UPDATE

I finally got the funds to order my big 'ol 1.6 kilowatt PSU. I'm drooling...

I ordered from axiontech... Great price compared to everywhere else and they are closer to me than JR.

Proof!!! (I have omitted the personal parts obviously, hence the large white spaces)

Once this updates in BofA's online banking site, i'll order the mdpc-x sleeving psychopack from murdermod.com .

Stay tuned for mucho sleeving Wow that's really crappy spanish for an AP spanish student
    Last edited by FrostyPanda; 11-20-2008 at 10:28 PM.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Looking good so far.

I know what you mean by remorse with the glossy black,

I painted my WCed Lanbox Lite glossy at first (inside) and got so pissed of with it I repainted it matte black.

Xtreme Addict
    Lucky man! I'm getting an Ultra X3 1000w, I would love the 1600w, but with import tax it puts its price at almost $600.

Not worth it at all since I'm getting the 1000w for about $200

Keep the updates rolling

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Was it on these forums that i read somewhere that any PSU over 1 Kilowatt would need the household plug to be rewired to run at it's rated output (such as 1.6kW)???

Xtreme Addict
    3 phase power baby :P

Xtreme Enthusiast
    3 phase power baby :P
    Hehe i've already worked out a contract with Zeus. He throws a few lightning bolts every so often to keep me up and running as long as I make a sacrifice to the liquid cooling gods every so often. It should work out ...

In all seriousness, though, 1.6kw is probably not necessary, but I will be relatively future proof and ready for whatever comes out next. I'm tired of buying PSU's so I went all out on this one.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict
    Hey Frosty? Did that Ultra 1600w arrive yet? How's it working out?

I just got my Ultra X3 1000w, yesterday, set it up in my current rig, but the bugger went BOOOOOM! As soon as I turned on the pc

Xtreme Enthusiast

I just got my Ultra X3 1000w, yesterday, set it up in my current rig, but the bugger went BOOOOOM! As soon as I turned on the pc
    Sadly it hasn't arrived yet. UPS has it to arrive on Monday, Dec. 1st. I'll post pictures of it when it arrives (the pictures will be of my test bench because I don't feel like putting it all in the case, only to take it out again . I hope mine doesn't go boom
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict

I am on my second one myself and love these PSU's. The first one went because I am retarded and knocked my coke into it and tried it out afterward thinking I got everything and dried it out good enough. It went BOOOOOM too with lot's of smoke! I did not even bother trying to RMA it as it was my dumb fault.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh . Pepsi FTW!!!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict
    What's worse is that the place I got it from are saying they can't find my reference, order or account number.
    Apparently I'm not a customer of theirs

Lying buggers, they better get this sorted or my lawyer will!!

Xtreme Addict
    I wonder what happened to your X3 1000. Seriously I never heard of one blowing except for mine but that was my fault.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah I know it's madness. Although the box wasn't in the best condition it could have been. Could have been very old stock.
    They claim they haven't stocked Ultra products in over a year. So maybe they found it somewhere in a warehouse.

Eitherway, they'll be collecting it within 3 days. Then I'll have to order a new one from the states

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yikes that sucks! Yeah I'm hoping nothing goes wrong, but I'm a little nervous seeming as my warranty goes bye-bye as soon as I start custom sleeving . I wish companies would just sleeve the damn things in high quality the first time, but alas that never happens. Plus I'm looking forward to sleeving these buggers myself! Woo hoo! UPS says my package has made it half way across the country!!! Just a little more to go..........
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict
    Don't worry, just test the PSU first, before you start sleeving.

The Ultra makes Sleeving eeasy peeasy! Since it's 100% full modular

Xtreme Addict
    Your going to sleeve the Ultra cables?!? Why? They are all black already and look good just the way they are. On my build the PSU cables are all hidden very well. Almost looks like nothing is plugged in yet.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm sleeving it because Dualbrain sent me some very nice Murdermod Psycho-X sleeving

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Your going to sleeve the Ultra cables?!? Why? They are all black already and look good just the way they are. On my build the PSU cables are all hidden very well. Almost looks like nothing is plugged in yet.
    I'm planning on sleeving because I want the parts that will be showing to look clean. There's something about the basic wire that I don't like. i feel that since the connetor pieces are bulky, the wires should be proportionate to them...so that's why I'm going to sleeve. I also have some parts of my build where the cables will be visible, so I want those to look just as clean and make it seem as if they are intended to be there. i know it seems kinda pointless, but I'm shooting for the stars on this build . I also want to learn how to sleeve, so i'm going to sleeve these to figure it out .

I'm sleeving it because Dualbrain sent me some very nice Murdermod Psycho-X sleeving
    For free??? Dayam...i gotta talk to him
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast