Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Whiteout" PC 343b Horiz. Mobo. Worklog

Banned
    Nice job! It looks like this build is well on its way

Xtreme Mentor
    I think I'd look at a processor higher up the line. The E4300 will likely bottleneck Crossfired X2's, unless you can manage to get insane clocks out of it.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPanda View Post
    Ive got a 1000w sound system so if need be i can just turn up the music. These deltas are really really loud. The ones on the rads are 45.0 decibels each and the 3 exhause are 65.0 decibels; I think my ears are gonna burst
    , I'm guessing six Deltas? Get ready to put on some earmuffs.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
    I think I'd look at a processor higher up the line. The E4300 will likely bottleneck Crossfired X2's, unless you can manage to get insane clocks out of it.
    Right now I've got it running at 3069 at 1.4v with stock cooling and with my previous LCS (junky Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II) I got it to 3600 at 1.5v on a 680i mobo. With that said, I'm hoping I'll be able to get at least 3700 with the new LCS on my rampage formula. If need be though, my grandma's computer has a q6600 that has been acting up lately and she said I could part it out when she buys a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Vibrations View Post
    , I'm guessing six Deltas? Get ready to put on some earmuffs.
    Look at the build plan on the first post. I believe it says 8 Deltas at 103cfm and 3 more Deltas at 240cfm
    Last edited by FrostyPanda; 11-01-2008 at 10:21 AM.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    SEMI UPDATE
    I just assembled it with the panels to see what it would look like. I love how the flat white exterior looks with the gloss black and semi-gloss white on the inside

Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Member
    That white looks pretty pimpin'...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    can't wait to see that case Loaded!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's beatiful!
    Corsair Obsidian 650D - EVGA P67 FTW - Samsung F3 1Tb - 8Gb A-Data cheapest crap DDR3 - Intel Core i5 2500K w/ Corsair H50 - EVGA GTX 295 co-op - Corsair AX650

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlag View Post
    That white looks pretty pimpin'...
    Bow-chica-bow-wow!!!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks great FrostyPanda! Good job with the paint, looks a lot better.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Looks great FrostyPanda! Good job with the paint, looks a lot better.
    Thanks! I just ordered some of those feser 360's on sale at FCPU so I'll post pix's of that paintjob when they arrive.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Member
    Marvelous Freaking Job!!! Makes me want to sand down my build again and start painting from scratch.. hmmm

May I ask why your grandma has a q6600?
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Never go full retard
    I really like the contrast of the white exterior and black interior...build is looking very good!

Engineering The Xtreme
    good stuff frosty, glad to see your painting has improved greatly this round

look forward to the rest

Life's Replay
    Just like hot women in white pants, that is attractive.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    May I ask why your grandma has a q6600?
    My grandpa is the one who buys all their computing stuff. He really belongs here at XS but he doesn't want to make an account. He is very much up to date and into the whole "Extreme Systems" sort of thing. You should see his office. He runs an architecture firm and him and his emps do TONS of CAD work so of course he goes and builds the most powerfuld builds you could imagine!!!

As for the q6600, she's having trouble with the 64bit OS so she's just gonna go back to her AMD setup at 32 bits I get the 6600 tho
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lucky you man!!! have fun with that 6600! and u better be making them a nice crayon-drawn card for the holidays, remember to stay in the lines too! haha

seriously tho, that black/white combo is sexy!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL we'll see how much fun I can have with it....once she ships it to me (which could be a while. they're in hawaii right now). Thanks again for the compliments. I guess I am glad I went with the black and white!!!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

MDPC
    Nice one!!! Keep it up

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dualbrain View Post
    Nice one!!! Keep it up
    Thanks. ROFL i just saw your sig. Its my goal!!!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mini update. Ive decided to go with Koolance 1/2" ID 5/8" OD instead of Bitspower 1/2" ID 3/4" OD because after a bit of research, I found that the carbon fiber sleeving I wanted to use wouldn't fit on the tubing if I used Bitspower . Would've liked to, but this way I'll also save a little money and my sleeving will work. Update to come on either tuesday or wednesday, so stay tuned!!!
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wait a sec... are you talking about fitting sizes? because 5/8OD is smaller than 3/4... And if you are worried about your sleeving not fitting in the fitting, then wouldn't you want to use the one with the larger OD???

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperbob View Post
    wait a sec... are you talking about fitting sizes? because 5/8OD is smaller than 3/4... And if you are worried about your sleeving not fitting in the fitting, then wouldn't you want to use the one with the larger OD???
    I know it sounds stupid but I have yet to see any other comp. fitting work with sleeving on the tubin. Blue Aqua recently updated his log and showed that he was having trouble getting his sleeving to work with his Bitspowers. Virtualrain is the only one that I've seen that has been able to use sleeving (its also the same brand as what I'll be using) and he had to use Koolance 1/2" ID 5/8" OD tubing and comp fittings. I believe I'll have to use 1/16" thin walled tubing for it to work, though.

Like the sig too
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPanda View Post
    I know it sounds stupid but I have yet to see any other comp. fitting work with sleeving on the tubin. Blue Aqua recently updated his log and showed that he was having trouble getting his sleeving to work with his Bitspowers. Virtualrain is the only one that I've seen that has been able to use sleeving (its also the same brand as what I'll be using) and he had to use Koolance 1/2" ID 5/8" OD tubing and comp fittings. I believe I'll have to use 1/16" thin walled tubing for it to work, though.

Like the sig too
    I did? I'm not using compression fittings anymore nor am I sleeving the tubing. The thought crossed my mind but decided against it. I'll probably use the compressions on my htpc bulid or something.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast