Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BlackOps: 4870 and 4870x2 POST problems

I am Xtreme
    Even the defaults change from boot to boot, Saaya, hence the issues, IMHO. Tweaking it just makes the issue WORSE. Every boot a new value is seen, for example, this morning's boot made for 3/3/7/7...yesterday was 0/0/4/4...all i did was shut down pc, properly, adn then turn it back on about an hour ago...

Don't worry about the slow release...really, we all understand that you've only got a small team there dedicated to the foxconnbrand, and you guys need to get bloodrage good so it can keep selling, before visiting older products that really seem to do well, and only have issues with specific configs...the 4870x2 non-support is a bit bad, but you guys have an excellent track record that this will not mar, regardless of how some people feel initially. I'd rather have one final bios that addresses most, if not all, current issues, as I do understand that alot of times fixes makes overclocking less successful.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 01-07-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    i already pushed for a P bios for Blackops with adjusted VTT reading and official 4870x2 support, im sorry its taking so long... its not me holding it back

sorry, i dont get what you mean...
    you mean when tweaking the memory clock skews it works, but once you shut down and boot again the same settings are not working anymore, or the settings are reset to default, or changed?
    I can't keep this board if it won't support the 4870x2. Oh well, going to have to find another board.

I am Xtreme
    1 card works fine. It's 2 cards that cause no boot.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    Even the defaults change from boot to boot, Saaya, hence the issues, IMHO. Tweaking it just makes the issue WORSE. Every boot a new value is seen, for example, this morning's boot made for 3/3/7/7...yesterday was 0/0/4/4...all i did was shut down pc, properly, adn then turn it back on about an hour ago...

Don't worry about the slow release...really, we all understand that you've only got a small team there dedicated to the foxconnbrand, and you guys need to get bloodrage good so it can keep selling, before visiting older products that really seem to do well, and only have issues with specific configs...the 4870x2 non-support is a bit bad, but you guys have an excellent track record that this will not mar, regardless of how some people feel initially. I'd rather have one final bios that addresses most, if not all, current issues, as I do understand that alot of times fixes makes overclocking less successful.
    if you fix one thing you might break another... and many problems are quite complex and not easy to understand to begin with, not to mention how to fix them. hmmm so the values for the dimms are changing all the time for you?
    thats weird, i never noticed that... hmmm what bios are you on again?
    could you flash the bios again and clear cmos, then load optimized defaults and try again? i know some timings are adjusted during coldboot by the cpu and chipset automatically, but i didnt know those timings are affected, and even if, once you overwrite them manually they should stay set at whatever you set them to... could you send me all the hw and bios setting details with a guide on how to see those values changing, then ill try to reproduce it and get it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by DWade View Post
    I can't keep this board if it won't support the 4870x2. Oh well, going to have to find another board.
    it does, it supports 2 cards in xfire too, there just hasnt been a complete test and debug run with the latest beta to make it an official release. thats all the difference between a beta and final bios is, the final one is a beta that has been tested thoroughly to work fine while beta has only been tested quickly, and alfa usually hasnt been tested at all.

I am Xtreme
    Just boot up with 4x1gb HCF0, E8400, stock speed; check everest is easiest. I'll find my cheap cam and shoot a quick vid of bios settings, etc...gotta wait until 8hrs from now, I have my kids to deal with today.

I am Xtreme
    OK, so I took a video of it as it happens, so you can see what it is that I am talking about. Sry for the delay...I think it was worth the extra bit of info I found though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09I7USmvDdo

(Video now live)
    Last edited by cadaveca; 01-12-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hey,

i dunno if this is a problem or not but i was doing a little OC on my card and noticed that the memory wont pass 1050, starts getting artafacts in 3dmark2006 and GPU freezes at 840, so like if i want to OC the card and get it to pass without artafacts and freezing i have to do like 830/1050, is this a problem with these cards from sapphire? is it possible to resolve this? like with a diferente bios or something like that?

Here is the model that im talking about..

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/produ...gpid=250&grp=3

Thanks
    CPU: i7 920 batch #3838B556 D0
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD5
    Memory: Gskill 3x1Gb 1600
    Graphic: Sapphire 4890 1GB
    HDD: 2x F3 500 Raid 0

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    OK, so I took a video of it as it happens, so you can see what it is that I am talking about. Sry for the delay...I think it was worth the extra bit of info I found though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09I7USmvDdo

(Video now live)
    weird hmmm... it always worked for me...
    ill try to check this again...

Godmyster, thats a card problem, not a board problem :P
    i suppose the card is either getting too hot or the memory needs more juice...
    unfortunately there are no bios mods to increase the memory voltage as far as i know, only gpu voltage...

I am Xtreme
    Don't worry about it too much, Saaya. It makes it hard to boot over 550FSB, but becuase it hcanges, you jsut need to try the boot again, and eventually it works. It's a bit frustrating at itmes, but I'm not benching so much any more, so it's not so important.

If BloodRage is doingthe same though, then maybe something to consider...depends on what direction you guys are taking the boards.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    BloodRage is way different, thankgod, intel no longer messes with the ancient fsb bus so we dont have to fine tweak that anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12