Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom OCz XTC Bracket by HITandRUN

Xtreme Member

Custom OCz XTC Bracket by HITandRUN

A fellow overclocker named HITandRUN was kind enough to fashion up a bracket for the OCz XTC ram cooler to fit over my tall Mushkin Ascents . Here are some shots of the bracket compared to the original bracket! They are a 15mm extension over the stock ones.

They work like a charm!

Love the finish on em. What a coincidence though!!! I was just thinking I need to do the same thing with my XTC cooler as I have just upgraded my PC and have bought some Corsair Dominator RAM and would rather use the chrome XTC cooler than the fan cooler that came with the Corsair RAM.

I wish I still had access to Lathes and milling machines or a CNC machine as I could have knocked up a set for myself.

Banned
    thats badass I think they should come with tall legs for people like you and me with tall ass ram.

Xtreme Member

I bought this thing for my ballistix, but quickly moved over to the Mushkin after buying them...then of course the OCz i just bought didn't fit...this guy came to my rescue

Xtreme Member
    how much did it cost to make? I had the exact same ram and switched to the same ones!

Now my XTC is in a box as I couldn't use them.

Got an AutoCAD or Sketch-Up file?

Xtreme Member
    I believe HIT does. They can be made for a reasonable price if I recall. I'll ask about the CAD or sketch ups..

Yeah HITandRUN does some great work, those look awesome. He also makes some custom heat sinks too.
    "Ninja" Rig:
    E8400 @ 4016MHz (502MHz x 8)
    ASUS Maximus Formula w/ RF 0403 BIOS
    2x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000
    Diamond HD4870 512MB GDDR5
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    2x 320GB Seagate 7200.10
    Corsair TX750W
    TRUE120 + 68CFM Scythe "Slip Stream"
    Coolermaster CM 690 "Ninja-Modded" :p
    Windows 7 Ultimate RTM/Build 7600 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by philbrown23 View Post
    thats badass I think they should come with tall legs for people like you and me with tall ass ram.
    HAHA! QFT

great work there hit, and man those are some nice photos kops.

Xtreme Member
    Thank you guys! Looks like you like it!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun View Post
    Thank you guys! Looks like you like it!
    We do

Got any drawings of it or dimensions? I'd like to get one made too for my ram and some other people wanting to use this to cool their dominators.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    We do

Got any drawings of it or dimensions? I'd like to get one made too for my ram and some other people wanting to use this to cool their dominators.
    actually i've just bought dominators fan to cool my ocz sticks: if you reverse their fan and reverse mount it you can slap under them every kit of ram. i've done it for my flex and works great
    Asus Rampage Formula / Q6700 G0 + TRUE / 4 x OCZ 9200 FleXLC / BFG 8800 Ultra OC / X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Enermax Galaxy 1000 DXX / CM Stacker / Dell 2707 / Logitech G15 + G9 + Z5500

@HitandRun - How much to make and ship a pair to the UK? Or could we get an AutoCAD file or dimensions off you?

Lookin good Kops HIT is a real craftsman!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Intel Xeon e3110 @ 4.2 ghz on air Xigmatec Dark Knight / Evga 750i FTW / 2x 8800GT / 4GB Corsair DHX / pc power and cooling 750 / Coolermaster Cm690

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panheimer View Post
    actually i've just bought dominators fan to cool my ocz sticks: if you reverse their fan and reverse mount it you can slap under them every kit of ram. i've done it for my flex and works great
    The OCZ ones have bigger fans and it's cheaper Thats why my friend want's it over the corsair ones meant for his ram.
    I've got my vernier caliper out so I'm making a sketchup file of the actual thing (original) then I'll try and modify it. But it would be nice if we could have a cad file of this one

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice job HitandRun, looks amazing !!
    Everyday is a NiceDay

I measured up my stock brackets today and emailed em to my mate who works for Black and Decker. He has access to lathes and a Rapid Prototype Machine so he should be able to knock up some othese brackets in about half an hour. If the fit is right , I'll post em up on here or I'll see if I can get him to give me the solidworks file.

i have this cooler on my corsair dominator. i was lazy and didn't feel like making a new bracket, so i modified the brackets it came with to make it taller. since it comes with two sets of brackets, i used drilled holes in one set, then screwed the other set into the first set to make one big bracket.

total cost: $0

lol, all that fooling around for nothing when there's a simple solution at hand! Whats the distance of the game between the fans and the top of the Corsair Dominator RAM please? Was rading you duct mod earlier, nice work. Do you have all the necessary tools at home or at work if you dont mind me asking?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theorie View Post
    i have this cooler on my corsair dominator. i was lazy and didn't feel like making a new bracket, so i modified the brackets it came with to make it taller. since it comes with two sets of brackets, i used drilled holes in one set, then screwed the other set into the first set to make one big bracket.

total cost: $0

I am so stupid

I spent all my time making this in Sketch Up

I'll post measurements when I've done them

I'm so lazy I haven't passed them on to the person who was going to make them.

Nice one moogle, look forward to seeing your dimensions to see how close they are to mine.

Where did you get the Dominator RAM model from?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless187 View Post
    Nice one moogle, look forward to seeing your dimensions to see how close they are to mine.

Where did you get the Dominator RAM model from?
    I got it from http://scc.jezmckean.com/

I'm too lazy to reach into my Antec box to find the dominators then measure them. I'll post my original measurements (measured by v. caliper) and the extended ones. The 15mm extension for the Ascents wouldn't fit over the dominators using the positioning I had.

Nice one. I'll post up my MS Paint measurements (measured by metal rule :p ) tommorrow after mates had a go at making em. What are the 15mm extensions you mwntioned? Sorry for all the questions. :p

*EDIT* Here they are anyway.

Last edited by Reckless187; 10-14-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless187 View Post
    Nice one. I'll post up my MS Paint measurements (measured by metal rule :p ) tommorrow after mates had a go at making em. What are the 15mm extensions you mwntioned? Sorry for all the questions. :p
    Oh just that I had the initial measurements (original size) and extended it 15mm like said in the OP but that one would be tall enough for the Mushkin Ascents but it still didn't fit over the Dominators. I think I may have used 25-20mm extension on the original legs for the Dominators.

If it's any consolation my caliper is very rusty and annoying to measure with (thanks dad for leaving it in the rain..)

I might soak it in some coke to eat the rust off

Anyhow measurements tommorow hopefully.

Here are my original measurements though

and here was my prototype based on this one in the thread.

Same length and height as the original just same shape like HitandRun made, just so I could make it in Sketch Up and stretch it.

Xtreme Addict
    Ad the Gskill 9600 Pi series to that list. I used to have Ballistix now I gotta do the same thing for it to fit my Gskills.

Great idea!
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

My rushed measurements aren't too far off from yours. I'll let you know what the fit is like on my set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast