Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duke Nukem Forever Rumored Xbox 360 Exclusive

Xtreme Member
    I would not be surprised if this was 3D Realm's business plan for DN4 is this:

1. Hype game before we hire anyone to do it
    3. Keep telling people that its almost ready
    2. Wait till hardware is invented that can render it
    3. Render 2 'screen shots' (call guys from Killzone - they seem to know how its done)
    4. Ramp up hyping along with release of arcade version of 3D
    5. Retire to Zanzibar off the arcade release's profits

You might notice that the actual release is not part of it
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @3.3GHz || DFI x48 T3RS DDR3 || Custom Silverstone Black Temjin TJ-07
    Coolermaster Gemini2 (2 120x120x38 Sunon's) Idle-32 Load-46 || 4Gig Patriot Viper DDR3 1333
    Crossfired 4850's || Gigabyte Odin 800W PSU || 500gig SATA || Logitech G9 || Samsung 2232GW

Initiate Heat Blasters!

"If I'm lacking in boats, it's cause I'm fearful of the Kraken" -MC Frontalot

Xtreme Addict
    dont care. If thats what they want to do then thats less money spent on overhyped crap.
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

I am Xtreme
    Lol this game sure has been a comedy of errors...

It's amazing that people have actually been making a living off of this game for the last ten years without actually producing anything at all.

Xtreme Cruncher
    To be perfectly honest, it's more like,

"Duke Nukem Forever, rumored to exist at all"

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    To be perfectly honest, it's more like,

"Duke Nukem Forever, rumored to exist at all"
    more like Duke Nukem In Development Forever
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Guru
    I have a feeling DN:Forever is the second "Daikatana".
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme Member
    now PC gamers have to wait for this game.... FOREVER!
    C2Q QX6800@ 3.75GHz (375x10 - 1.450v) - L725A - G0
    4GB PC2-5300 Kingston Micron D9@ 3-4-4-10 750MHz 1:1
    Asus P5E-Deluxe - no mods
    eVGA 9600gso G92 + XFX 8500 GT (physics)
    H4ck3d-Slackware 11.0
    kernel-2.6.22.1@MCORE2 Arch Optimized

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by largon View Post
    I have a feeling DN:Forever is the second "Daikatana".
    oh god dont say that, that game was total slop.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Funny to read the posts here

btw, http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33193
    it hasnt even been confirmed that the xbox version is in development already....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morbid View Post
    its like debating the fiscal ramifications of Leprechaun gold :P

JM
    No one could have said it better.

This one's for the books.
    ~~ ++: Primary Rig :++ ~~

Alienware M17x-r2 [SPACE BLACK]
    Core i7-820QM | 17" 1200p RGBLED LCD | 8 GB DDR3-1333MHz | Dual 1GB Crossfire ATI 5870 | 1TB Raid 0 (2x 500GB 7200RPM HDDs) | Blu-ray Reader + DVD-DL Burner | Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Alienware Messenger Bag | Razer Orochi Bluetooth

Xtreme Guru
    3D Realms is a joke now a days. It shouldnt take this long to make a game, either they are lazy, or a 3 person employeed company. I saw an interview where they said they were busy playing World of Warcraft thats why the game is taking long. Losers. Duke Nukem Forver = DNF, Did Not Finish. They knew what they were talking about when they named the game, it all makes sense now.
    Last edited by GAR; 10-03-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Decami View Post
    Ill Freaking Kill Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true, I am joining the military as an Apache Pilot, volunteering for duty in Iraq, and taking a little detour on a routine strike mission, a very BIG detour, and you know what, it will all be worth it!!!

Or better yet, a nuclear submarine controller! We will see which Duke Nukes who!!

lol, gotta remember that one.

I know you are joking, but even so much as joking about that will gurantee that you'll never ever have the chance to fly one of those birds, and they do extensive background checks on people including FBI background and NSA background checks on anybody who is turned loose with those weapons.

Xtreme Addict
    On another note, this thread is laughable. What people are slamming is one of the best games of all time. It's series has had followers longer than some of the people playing it have been alive.

Moving to Xbox may not be popular with PC gamers, but it's a smart move. The fact is, that Xbox and other consoles outsell PC titles now. Don't bash me either becasue I'm one of the most diehard PC simmers out there. I do admit though that I also have an Xbox. I play Xbox for the more relaxed type of gaming, but when I get on my PC it's serious. I fly flight sims, and I take it very seriously. I will also be getting back into PC gaming again becasue my hardware has aged, I've been away from it, but I'm building a new machine and will be getting some of these new titles and going at it again hard.

These buisnesses are in this to make money, and they are gonna go where they can make the most money. Perosnally, when it comes out I will probably buy it because I already have an Xbox 360 and I would love to own it becasue these titles are a classic.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    I know you are joking, but even so much as joking about that will gurantee that you'll never ever have the chance to fly one of those birds, and they do extensive background checks on people including FBI background and NSA background checks on anybody who is turned loose with those weapons.
    Pretty unrelated, so mods, please feel free to delete this post if you find it overly obnoxious

But yeah, I had a teacher back in high school who always talked about how if you ever smoke cannabis, even just once you'll NEVER get into the FBI.

I alwasy thought that was funny, the mere fact that someone toking up once would bother the FBI much less that I think everyone and their grandma has done it once haha

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ron7aldo View Post
    Lol. That didnt actually happen did it? Surely they must have realised it wouldnt match before they got that close.
    Q9300 l 4GB DDR2 l HD 4850 l GA-X38-DQ6 l 2.5TB HD l VX550 l Dell S2409W l Vista X64

Xtreme Member
    The game has been in development for over 10 years, yeah that sucks, but why is everyone so angry?

But why say so much ? People are so arrogant here when it comes to games

Nothing has even been confirmed. Relax!

Xtreme Addict
    As a GAMER, I seriously despise Microsoft.
    They gave birth to modern PC gaming with DirectX, now they're killing it with 360.

There's 0 innovation in 360 games and their craptastic PC ports.

I'm betting that Duke Nukem Forever to Duke Nukem 3D will the the same as
    Bioshock to System Shock 2.

And to all those who love Bioshock, effyoo, you're a part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    all the screens that have been shown are not PC but Xbox 360.
    No wonder they look like shiet.

Console games have crap for graphics.
    How can anyone play a game in 1080p with no Anti-aliasing or soft shadows?

PS:
    Last edited by KoHaN69; 10-03-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    According to the above diagram, I'm at both extremes.

I like my PS3! One of the best Blu-Ray players, and the best games are on PSN. $20 for Wipeout HD is the most fun per dollar I've had in a loong time.
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Mentor
    Meh. I have a 360. Duke forever!

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Addict
    I havent laughed so hard in a while.

Thats priceless.

One of the most anticipated games for the PC ever, and it wont even be on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morbid View Post
    its like debating the fiscal ramifications of Leprechaun gold :P

JM

Xtreme Member
    oh WTF , the hell with that, we have waited a long time before the 360 was even thought of. f*** the dam 360 console. COMPUTERS COME FIRST AND RULE THE WORLD :P
    Little Mean Red Machine:
    2008 Saturn Astra XR|Salsa Red|2dr Hatchback|1.8L 140HP 4cyl|5-Speed FWD
    Main Box:
    ABIT IP-35Pro XE|Intel C2Q 3.2GHz|Zalman 9900|4GB Corsair Dom. DDR21066|ATI 5770 |SB X-Fi XM|2x W.D.V.R. 300GB RAID 0|S.B. 320GB|2x TSSCORP SH-S223B|Antec P193|Antec TPQ 850W|2x Samsung SyncMaster P2350 HD 1080P|G15|MX1000&G5|Win7 RTM Pro X64
    Spare Box:
    ABIT IC7-G MaxII|Intel P4 3.2GHz|Zalman 7700CNPS-C|2GB OCZ HP DDR400|ATI 9800XT|W.D.C. 40GB|W.D.C. 250gb|Antec
    Neo480|WinXP Pro SP3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    LOL I know exactly what it takes, I know 2 people that fly blackhawks, and believe me, a forum post on xtreme systems with a joke regarding anger about the development of a game is not going keep you from flying, even if its found. Which more than likely it wouldnt be.

Just to add, people think they do all this extensive checks and all this for things in the military, LOL. They do....and they dont. Def not as extensive as finding my user name on some forums LOL.
    Last edited by Decami; 10-03-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Member
    Damn. If this actually comes out, we can't use the cliche line for everything severely delayed anymore. That OCZ phase comes to mind. I'm gonna miss "It's gonna come out .. when Duke Nukem Forever comes out!"

d n
    never.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast