Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Project :::: PermaFrost :::: (New Project name, formerly SNiiPE's PC-P80)

Engineering The Xtreme
    Some pics I took today while down at the machine shop, and in my room, just thought I'd go the whole nine yards and put every picture up on this thread that I can take.

My new favorite toy, Tresna 300mm scale digital calipers, so useful, instant unit conversion and super accurate measurements = win.

An example cutout from the CNC plasma cutter, this is an excess sheet but in case you couldn't tell its a mudflap girl. this is NOT going into my build but something similar.

A crappy flash macro of the piece showing the cut, not exactly up to what I wanted as far as how clean the cut is....

Overall I think I will be pursuing purchasing some time on the school waterjet cutter for the clean finish I am looking for on my side panel, I have just sent an email to the head of the Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory @ RPI on the subject and I should hear back in a few days.

Now where is Cyberdruid.... he should have some pics of my case powdercoated very very soon....

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the info on the sleeving, SNiiPE. Going to look into the color selection for ideas. That's some great looking stuff.

*EDIT* Boo! The Acrylic Coated sleeving only comes in Black, White, and Natural. But they have something they call "Fray Resistant" Fiberglass Sleeving that comes in Black, Natural, Red, and Yellow. Odd thing is that they show a Blue sample, but don't offer it as a choice.
    Last edited by SpazBoy357; 10-31-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Color update

Life's Replay
    I'm liking the ideas, custom side panels rock. I made a square with a jigsaw and that was hard enough for me to pull off, looks like a six year old with the coordination of a cow went at it in some places.

If you have access to a waterjet then I'd go for it, what kind of prices to they charge?

Also, I'm not sure if you've heard about the fee associated with quoting me in sigs...
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by inCore View Post
    I'm liking the ideas, custom side panels rock. I made a square with a jigsaw and that was hard enough for me to pull off, looks like a six year old with the coordination of a cow went at it in some places.

If you have access to a waterjet then I'd go for it, what kind of prices to they charge?

Also, I'm not sure if you've heard about the fee associated with quoting me in sigs...
    its $27 an hour for me as a student at RPI but as it is a personal project I get backlogged until there is free time on the cutter :\ it may be a few weeks until I get the panel pics posted up here.

and yes I thoroughly enjoyed reading that post so you got the honor of first person I have ever quoted in my sig

General update: As I alluded to in earlier posts, the case should be coming back from the powdercoater's next week, then Cyber druid should have pics for me/this thread

this is the work I had cyberdruid do for me as I am at school and I don't have space in my dorm room to setup a workbench:

case all ready for the powder facility:

as a prelude this is the color I got for the coat and all interior elements of the case are being coated including the mesh of the front door so it should be very pretty

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    I realize I will need 90's but it looks like a good time EH? this will be for my CPU look with dual DDCs

I have a similar set up in a system I'm working on, a pair of stacked 240s in the top of a HAF 932. I got away with it by having inlets at opposite ends and using spanners and hex headed screws.
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Life's Replay
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    its $27 an hour for me as a student at RPI but as it is a personal project I get backlogged until there is free time on the cutter :\ it may be a few weeks until I get the panel pics posted up here.

and yes I thoroughly enjoyed reading that post so you got the honor of first person I have ever quoted in my sig
    27 aint cheap but a lot cheaper than what CyberDruid is doing for you right now. Guess it's fine as long as you have it all planned and you know what you're doing.

Why thank you sir, was a pleasure. I'm on a mission to 1) Become an internet celebrity and 2) Make this forum a happier place. Spread the wealth.

Looking forward to your updates.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Hey, may I ask where you go the adapter/shroud things? I can't seem to find a good place to buy shrouds, and I don't really want to make my own.

Engineering The Xtreme
    for the gtx420 I bought some aerocool 140mm fans that came with the blue plastic adapter, lol $20 a pop ain't cheap but it works

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have only just noticed this thread.

What you are doing looks fantastic, but I was wondering if you had seen the BEAST Aphros systems. They have started using this case but have customised them to fit their new paraflow liquid cooling. Its very similar to what you are doing only rather than sandwiching two 240mm rads together they mount one on either side of the front of the case and use the 140mm fans to draw air into a chamber and then push the air back out either side of the two rads.

The temperatures of that system are fantastic and they are just using a single loop with three 240mm XSPC radiators so the radiators themselves aren't that expensive.

There is a news article here http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=15804

And if you look at the Hexus forum the Beast engineer steps in to answer a few questions.http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-net/14...xtreme-pc.html

I realise you don't want to copy and you want to follow your own design I just thought that those articles might make interesting reading for you.

Congrats on the work so far I will be following this thread with great interest, the P80 is a highly underated case and I'm lookingn forward to seeing your results.
    Last edited by Chris_redfield; 11-05-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Engineering The Xtreme
    hmmm never seen that It looks like they did a great job with their setup, I like how their panel came out

I considered doing something very similar with 320mm rads originally but decided against it because I found this 420gtx.

I will be boxing off areas in my case, you will see more of that in december

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can't wait to see it, or the finished panel, I like your design.

Xtreme Addict
    Wheres Powder Coated Case Pics!
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    Wheres Powder Coated Case Pics!
    Cyberdruid just PMed me that hes going to pick up the case RIGHT NOW

Engineering The Xtreme

Hey guys, Biggish Update Here!

All of this thanks to:
    CyberDruid's
    Excellent Powdercoat Service (link, click to see service thread!)

It's perfect and the color is MUCH whiter than it appears in some of the pics!

Photo credit goes to CyberDruid as well

Xtreme Addict
    Very nice looking powdercoat job. This will be nice to see it progress.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Very nice looking powdercoat job. This will be nice to see it progress.
    you just wait till I get it assembled in the photo studio with the Cannon D1S MkIII on a grey backbround!

I'm sure you will appreciate it greatly

Xtreme Member
    How much did he charge you for the powder coating?

It looks flawless!
    Last edited by HaCKs; 11-07-2008 at 12:37 PM.
    QX9770 4.0 // HD 4870's Crossfire // DFI X48-T2R // 4GB mushkin DDR2 1066 // 2X Raptor-X RAID-0 // Samsung 1TB
    E8400 4.2 // HD 4850 // XFX 780I SLI // 4GB OCZ DDR2 1066 // 2X Raptor 150 RAID-0 // Samsung 1TB //

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCKs View Post
    How much did he charge you for the powder coating?
    375 but it is a very expensive color

Xtreme Addict
    the white is very nice

lets see those studio shots!

Royal Administrator
    Very nice! Reminds me of pearls.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by أشرف View Post
    Very nice! Reminds me of pearls.
    well it is in a pearl white

Xtreme Member
    Very nice! Did you send CyberDruid the whole case and have him take it apart or did you take it apart and send him just that frame (thing shown in the pictures).

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-98 View Post
    the white is very nice

lets see those studio shots!
    I'm not home yet , sorry but those wont come till thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
    Very nice! Did you send CyberDruid the whole case and have him take it apart or did you take it apart and send him just that frame (thing shown in the pictures).
    I sent him the case as you see it a few posts above and he:

- sandblasted the parts that were chromed by Lian-Li.
    - disassembled it for the powder facility.
    - re-assembled it for shipping to me.

Xtreme Addict
    Beautiful.
    RIG 1 (in progress):
    Core i7 920 @ 3GHz 1.17v (WIP) / EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI / Crucial D9JNL 3x2GB @ 1430 7-7-7-20 1T 1.65v
    Corsair HX1000 / EVGA GTX 295 SLI / X-FI Titanium FATAL1TY Pro / Samsung SyncMaster 245b 24" / MM H2GO
    2x X25-M 80GB (RAID0) + Caviar 500 GB / Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC1 Build 7100

RIG 2:
    E4500 @ 3.0 / Asus P5Q / 4x1 GB DDR2-667
    CoolerMaster Extreme Power / BFG 9800 GT OC / LG 22"
    Antec Ninehundred / Onboard Sound / TRUE / Vista 32

Xtreme Cruncher
    My Powershot does not really captuire the pearlescent effect well. To the nekkid eyebulb it is exactly like pearls...very subtle with an opalescent sheen and some fine grained metallic sparkle. It's tough as hell too

Thanks for the work man! That is going to look disturbed once you get all the black in there to contrast it.
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast