Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Information/Guides & Reviews/Tests & Galleries

Xtreme Member
    What? Oh No!!!! (LOL) Vinegar used to be what we used to get rid of the flux in the rads. We'd fill em' up and let em' sit. Then we'd rinse em' out really good.. And use them.. I guess it doesn't rinse as well as we thought it did. Anyway apparently vinegar is bad if we use it like we did. I just read the new sticky and freaked out a bit. I haven't been around for awhile. And I wanted to know what besides baking soda would help neutralize it.

Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Wait what? you've been using vinegar as a coolant/coolant additive?
    Last edited by Clay; 03-29-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Still overclocking and water cooling. Old stuff mostly... Still buyin' new stuff for my huge monster case though..(Project on hold til' further notice.or til' I suddenly see a fair increase in income. (Even then the gunshows do tend to grab me!!!) But really no new rig to speak of. Currently C2D E8400 on H2O Giga' p43t W/ decent pair o' ddr3 sticks stuffed in a old aluminium coolermaster preatorian case with a shrouded PA140.3 hangin' out of the side.Needs some bigger fans to keep up with this yuma heat though.. TX850. GTX460.Old yellow 1/2" tygon tubing adds some petina to the dear old thing. (As if it needed any.)Really nuthin' to call home about here at least... LOL..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyone know of any air filter comparisons, aside from ScottAllyn's?
    Something a bit more methodical/comprehensive*, along the lines of Martin's fan work.

*no offense meant Scott, thanks for your efforts!

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    What? Oh No!!!! (LOL) Vinegar used to be what we used to get rid of the flux in the rads. We'd fill em' up and let em' sit. Then we'd rinse em' out really good.. And use them.. I guess it doesn't rinse as well as we thought it did. Anyway apparently vinegar is bad if we use it like we did. I just read the new sticky and freaked out a bit. I haven't been around for awhile. And I wanted to know what besides baking soda would help neutralize it.
    haha, okay good. Yeah I used to do the vinegar cleaning regimen as well with my old PA's (way back on my very first c2d system). Glad to hear its not what I thought it was

Clay ... no need to panic. If you cleaned your radiators with vinegar initially and you've had no problems, don't worry about it. Most of the newer radiators don't require vinegar for cleaning. The sticky was modified because people were over doing it, and also cleaning/soaking water blocks in vinegar.

If folks do use vinegar for cleaning, the important thing is to rinse thoroughly. I also cleaned my older PA radiators with vinegar, and they've been going for years, so not an issue.

Jalyst - you'll have more luck getting an answer if you post a new thread in the general Liquid Cooling Section.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Jalyst - you'll have more luck getting an answer if you post a new thread in the general Liquid Cooling Section.
    Hi Shazza,
    I did ask that question in my own thread...
    Silverstone CW02 mods + air filtration box + best filter medium
    But so far no thoughts on that particular Qn!

Cheers

Xtreme Member
    Yo dawg I herd you like reviews so here's a review to add to your review list

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=269051

Huh, if there was a user review section he could have posted it there :p
    Mah Rig:

i7 970 @ 4.4Ghz
    6GB Gelid Perfect Storm
    Gigabyte UD5 Rev 2
    128GB Corsair Nova SSD
    Evga 470
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Corsair 1KW HX
    Custom Liquid Cooling:
    PA 120.4
    EK Supreme HF
    Aquacomputer 470 block
    Swiftech M35x w/top

I'm just now learning the computer building stuff and have a huge fascination with water cooling PC and external water towers and so forth.....and this thread delivers! So much good info in this thread it's crazy! Thanks to all you who contributed!

I found this review usefull, though I do not see it listed in the TS:

Review on GPU full cover blocks for the HD6950 / HD6970
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...dup&highlight=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123