Thread: DDR Maximizer@MemoryC

Xtreme Addict

DDR Maximizer@MemoryC

http://www.memoryc.com/pccomponents/...izerblack.html

Select your country to get the price in your currency, but whatever it is it'll be cheap!! Only $42.53 in US Dollars

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How effective is this device?

Why not just download a modded bios for your mobo that lets you set whatever voltage you want?

Even If you could get your RAM to ridiculous speeds, it would just be limited by the FSB, no?
    Pentium D805 @ 3.4Ghz on GA-945P-S3
    2Gb OCZ Gold 800 with XP Professional SP3
    Ati X1800XT
    550W Antec TruPower in Antec Sonata II
    Core 2 Quad Q9550 on GA-EP45-UD3P
    4Gb Corsair Dominator 1066 with Vista Ultimate SP1
    Asus 4850 TOP
    750W PC Power & Cooling in ????

There is not enough electrical oulets in my room.
    Best TF2 Quote:
    "tomtom92 : wtf the enemy has a base IN our base"

Xtreme Legend
    this device is very effective. it gives RAM clean power but the big problem is compatibility with motherboards and the fact you'd have to mod a lot of boards to get it working

also it's DDR2 based which is no longer in fashion within xtreme OC circles hehehe
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Does anyone know where you can get the DDR1 PCBs for these kits? The ones on sales appear to be for DDR2 only, or is this kit compatible with both DDR1 and DDR2?
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

I am Xtreme
    yeah this ol girl definitely had its day, its just not going to work for most motherboards.
    contact Hipro, who is a member here, and find out what list of mobo's he has verified it to work on.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

IT Engineer in the making
    Oh man, I'm really tempted to order one right now. Less than 45,-EUR for this thing including shipping. Hmmm...
    But, looking at it realistically, I just don't need it. Damn, those little toys, which could be fun.

BTW, AFAIK, there always is a DDR and DDR2 PCB in the package and only the DDR3 PCB was optional. But you'll have to ask hipro5 to be 100% sure.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Member
    it says right in that page that it works for DDRI/II/III, with different PCBs. whatever that means

look into it maybe it will work for all rams
    CPU: Lapped QX6700 @ 4000MHz, bench @ 4250MHz
    RAM: Teamgroup DDRII PC6400 @ 1066 cas5
    MOBO: eVGA 680i SLI
    VID: eVGA 8800GTX + Zotac 8800GTX SLI...GPU voltmodded....Memory voltmodded (both cards)
    BOOT Drive: Seagate 320GB 7200.10 RAID 0
    Storage Drive: Seagate 640GB 7200.11 RAID 1
    Samsung Super Write Master
    Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850W
    Custom Bench Table
    LaCie 19inch CRT

Single Stage Phase Change - CPU
    Water - VGA's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 7499richard View Post
    it says right in that page that it works for DDRI/II/III, with different PCBs. whatever that means

look into it maybe it will work for all rams
    While it states in the description that it will work with DDR1, each type of ram requires a different PCB (184 vs 240 pin for DDR1 vs DDR2, for example). The model for sale is V1.2 and right behind that model number is states "DDR2 Version".

Tank Guys also carries the Maximizer (for much higher) and they list the "DDR1 Adapter" as being an option for an additional $20 or so.

http://www.tankguys.com/product_info...oducts_id=1697

This "adapter", however, might be referring to the one needed for the boards that don't fully track VTT as a % of DDR voltage (like some of the Abit S478 boards, for example).

- What is the difference between the DDR PCB and the DDR PCB+VTT?
    The DDR PCB is for motherboards that can scan, control and supply the VTT voltage by themselves no matter what Vdimm voltage we provide our RAM. The DDR PCB+VTT PCB is designed for the motherboards that cannot scan and control the VTT voltage. It scans and regulates this voltage itself.
    http://www.hipro-tech.com/faq.html

I already have a couple of OCZ DDR(1) Boosters, but for the price it was tempting to pick up one of these, as well...as you can probably tell, I still like to play with that old/legacy stuff.

In my mind it's too much trouble to have to mod boards to use it with DDR2...I'd just as soon do a voltage mod to the board than have to mod it just to be able to use the Maximizer.

Oh well, I shouldn't concern myself too much as they'll probably be sold out or go up in price before I can get an answer to my question.

The original versions were DDR1 compatible, but I just don't know about this version, although the more I read the more I'm thinking that it is compatible with DDR1, but the v1.2 is ALSO compatible with DDR2.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 09-20-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

Xtreme Member
    these only came with 1 board if i remember right. there was a huge thread about these about 2 years ago.

I bought a ddr2 version and it only came with the ddr2 addapter. If you get a ddr2 version you'd have to buy a seperate board for ddr1.

As for modding the motherboard. Its not hard, my last board was as easy as removing a coil.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by exhausted mule View Post
    these only came with 1 board if i remember right. there was a huge thread about these about 2 years ago.

I bought a ddr2 version and it only came with the ddr2 addapter. If you get a ddr2 version you'd have to buy a seperate board for ddr1.

As for modding the motherboard. Its not hard, my last board was as easy as removing a coil.
    Thanks for your post confirming the need for the DDR1 adapter. Nothing like first hand experience to clarify a question. Perhaps Tankguys will sell the adapter by itself?

As for modding the board not being difficult...it is not that the process is difficult that bothers me...it is the fact that if you want to use the board without the Maximizer, then you have to resolder and unsolder the coil, depending on whether or not you plan on using the board with or without the Maximizer.

If you have one Maximizer and multiple rigs running that simply becomes impractical in my opinion.

Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sale has ended...back to $200+.

Heat