Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: LinX - A simple Linpack interface

Xtreme Member
    Thank you all for your support.

slim142, sorry. I did it once again. I'll fix it I promise.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

Xtreme Mentor
    Waiting for the revised version ^^

Xtreme Member
    Here you go, this should work fine.
    Last edited by Dua|ist; 10-03-2008 at 11:21 PM.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

Xtreme Member
    thanx Alexander
    nice program

now start the Mac OSX.10.5 version :-)

b.t.w. your name Gus(s)ev ..by chance has it something in common with the town Gussew
    (district Kaliningrad former Gumbinnen ?)

Best
    Mine
    Last edited by mine; 09-26-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    Der Freyheitsmuth, der von dort herueberwehte nach Deutschland, hat freylich hie und da die Nachtlichter umgeworfen, so dass die rothen Gardinen an einigen Thronen in Brand geriethen, und die goldenen Kronen heiss wurden unter den lodernden Schlafmuetzen; - aber die alten Haescher, denen die Reichspolizey anvertraut, schleppen schon die Loescheymer herbey, und schnueffeln jetzt um so wachsamer, und schmieden um so fester die heimlichen Ketten, und ich merke schon, unsichtbar woelbt sich eine noch dichtere Kerkermauer um das deutsche Volk. Armes geknechtetes Volk! Verzage nicht in deiner Noth. H.H.1830

I not understang why I have pass 2 time 100 pass with no error and many 50 pass with no error again on the old version of linpack 1.6 and with this soft I have 1 error after 4 pass ...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dua|ist View Post
    Here you go, this should work fine.
    Thank you
    (Whats happening to Sectorz?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sectorz View Post
    I not understang why I have pass 2 time 100 pass with no error and many 50 pass with no error again on the old version of linpack 1.6 and with this soft I have 1 error after 4 pass ...
    Hmmmmmmmmm

I have change nothing in the bios since last time, the only change on the computer is I have removed my 2 4870x2 for one 9800gx2.

Screen shot I have do for OCZ forum

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks Dua|ist for the great little proggy
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mine View Post
    b.t.w. your name Gus(s)ev ..by chance has it something in common with the town Gussew
    (district Kaliningrad former Gumbinnen ?)
    Well, these are just different ways of transcribing(?) the same name into English. So the town you are referring to has in Russian the same name as mine. But that's I'm afraid the only thing they have in common, as it's a rather popular name. For both towns and people.

Sectorz
    Well, if there's an error - there's an error. IntelBurnTest and LinX have different ways of displaying Linpack information, but both of them are just front-ends. It's Linpack itself (well, actually your CPU) that makes an error. I'm sure that decreasing FSB a few steps or increasing the vcore a little will result in a stable pass.
    Maybe it's because of different Linpack executives versions. Another graphics card might also affect stability I guess.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

Xtreme Member
    Finally here's LinX 0.4.7 (Rapidshare link with full archive) with a faster new Linpack polling algorithm (which hopefully works not only on my rig ) and only one temporary file being created during testing. All those who like GFlops are invited to try the newer version.

Changelog:

- Linpack "polling" algorithm rewritten, resulting in a noticeable performance increase
    - maximum allowed problem size for Linpack32 corrected
    - now LinX can detect serious error even after the first test (Residual(norm) power check)

Please report about your experience with it.

P.S. The attached version will require Linpack executives, which can be downloaded separately here: http://www.intel.com/cd/software/pro...eng/266857.htm
    Last edited by Dua|ist; 10-03-2008 at 11:21 PM.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

Xtreme Mentor
    Nice
    Will try it asap!

Xtreme Member

LinX 0.4.8

LinX 0.4.7 was so good that I decided to make it even better.
    No visual changes at all, but that polling algorithm was once again rewritten and LinX should be a bit more stable now (not that it wasn't before, but... ). And now you can safely drag its window during testing.

LinX 0.4.8 : Rapidshare link (full version)
    Attached version (exe only), as usual, will require Linpack executives to run.

slim142, aren't you tired of trying new versions yet? You seem to be the only one interested in this stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dua|ist; 10-01-2008 at 03:01 AM.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

Xtreme Member
    Looks fine here on Vista64.
    If it ain't broke... fix it until it is.

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the update!!
    Intel Pentium G3258 | ASRock Z97M OC Formula | Samsung 2x4GB DDR3-1600 | Galaxy GTX660 GC | Samsung PM840 Pro 128GB, PM830 250GB FDE |

"I Love To Camp!"
    "Comensing Shock Therapy!"

HeatWare

Xtreme Mentor
    No visual changes at all, but that polling algorithm was once again rewritten and LinX should be a bit more stable now (not that it wasn't before, but... ). And now you can safely drag its window during testing.

slim142, aren't you tired of trying new versions yet? You seem to be the only one interested in this stuff.
    Err, Im sure there are many more than you know....I do

i7-2600k @ 4.8Ghz 1.38v L044A892
    ASUS P8P67 LGA
    16GB G.Skill Rip Jaws DDR3 1600Mhz Memory
    1/2" ID Masterkleer, Swiftech MCP-655, Thermochill PA120.3 Rad, XSPC Rasa, MCW-60
    Cooler Master UCP 1100 Watt PSU
    GTX 680 1300/7000
    Lian Li PC V-2000

Xtreme Member
    Oh, sorry guys, I knew there must be somebody else around here. So nice to see that somebody uses LinX on this great forum.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

Xtreme Mentor

I never get tired when I like a program
    When I see a new version is up, Im first to download always

I forgot to reply, with 0.4.7 I passed 100 times and it REALLY (REALLY) stressed the heck out of my system. Temps went 10c higher than with Prime95 (75c )

Will download this and leave it running later on

I JUST HOPE THIS ONE DOESNT HAVE THE BUG (You know what Im talking about...)

Quote Originally Posted by dnottis View Post
    Err, Im sure there are many more than you know....I do
    Agreed
    but...

Oh, sorry guys, I knew there must be somebody else around here. So nice to see that somebody uses LinX on this great forum.
    ...some people are really lazy to say even "thanks"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by slim142 View Post
    ...some people are really lazy to say even "thanks"
    That would be me

I have downloaded and tried most, I was using IBT, but this interface is easier to use and I like it stopping when an error occurs. I will use this for quickly finding stable/unstable cpu O/C's prior to running prime o/n for final.

So thanks

IT Engineer in the making
    This seems to be a nice little program. Will sure come in handy when testing my overclocks soon. ATM everything's at stock, but I'll test the program the next days anyway.

Keep up the good work. It's these free little helpful tools that I love the most when it comes to Software.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Mentor
    I also like that this is "attractive" unlike IBT which, like another member said, causes eye cancer...

Thanks again! this is by far the best stress proggy I've ever used.
    Desktop - Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Rev 2.0 Fully Hell-Modded
    3.0C @ 3.824 255fsb 1.65vcore | SP-94 w/92mm Delta 110cfm, Tiger1 NB HS/Fan | 1gig XMS PC3500 BH-5 1:1 510mhz 2-2-2-5@3.38vdimm | Softmod Sapphire 9500np 441/348 w/SLK-900u (Vgpu@1.75v, Vddr@3.25v Hell-Modded) Cat 4.9 beta | TBSC Sound Card, NEC 1760NX-White | 2X WD 80g SE 8mb cache Raid 0, 1x 60g Maxtor storage | Antec TP550W @3.75v, 5.35v, 12.35v Hell-modded

3DMark2001SE - Now hit 23032 | 3DMark2003 - 6912
    ............................Thanks Hell-Fire for all the modding

Laptop -Compaq R3240US | A64 3200+ | 512mb |4x Nec 5500a DVD writer | G4 440go 64mb | 60g hard drive | Win XP-Home

Xtreme Member
    thanx Alex

Like the program very much

nice even for burn in new RAM and CPUs

(A.Gussev was the one who conquered first the former called German town "Gumbinnen" in Dec.1945 - now called Gussev district Kaliningrad - Hopefully we will not see such nonsense like war between Germany and Russia ever again )

best

m
    Der Freyheitsmuth, der von dort herueberwehte nach Deutschland, hat freylich hie und da die Nachtlichter umgeworfen, so dass die rothen Gardinen an einigen Thronen in Brand geriethen, und die goldenen Kronen heiss wurden unter den lodernden Schlafmuetzen; - aber die alten Haescher, denen die Reichspolizey anvertraut, schleppen schon die Loescheymer herbey, und schnueffeln jetzt um so wachsamer, und schmieden um so fester die heimlichen Ketten, und ich merke schon, unsichtbar woelbt sich eine noch dichtere Kerkermauer um das deutsche Volk. Armes geknechtetes Volk! Verzage nicht in deiner Noth. H.H.1830

I think version 0.4.8 has a bug. Right when you start LinX and choose max memory (or Max which ever one) the problem size drop box went down to 0 and then immediately error out once you hit start, second try around is okay, again this is only happen when you first start LinX. I'm running this on Vista ultimate x64, not a hugh problem considering I can manually choose the highest ram option(something like 35xx mb) instead of Max, thought I let you know. As always thanks for this awesome program!
    Desktop - Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Rev 2.0 Fully Hell-Modded
    3.0C @ 3.824 255fsb 1.65vcore | SP-94 w/92mm Delta 110cfm, Tiger1 NB HS/Fan | 1gig XMS PC3500 BH-5 1:1 510mhz 2-2-2-5@3.38vdimm | Softmod Sapphire 9500np 441/348 w/SLK-900u (Vgpu@1.75v, Vddr@3.25v Hell-Modded) Cat 4.9 beta | TBSC Sound Card, NEC 1760NX-White | 2X WD 80g SE 8mb cache Raid 0, 1x 60g Maxtor storage | Antec TP550W @3.75v, 5.35v, 12.35v Hell-modded

3DMark2001SE - Now hit 23032 | 3DMark2003 - 6912
    ............................Thanks Hell-Fire for all the modding

Laptop -Compaq R3240US | A64 3200+ | 512mb |4x Nec 5500a DVD writer | G4 440go 64mb | 60g hard drive | Win XP-Home

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mine View Post
    thanx Alex

Like the program very much

nice even for burn in new RAM and CPUs

(A.Gussev was the one who conquered first the former called German town "Gumbinnen" in Dec.1945 - now called Gussev district Kaliningrad - Hopefully we will not see such nonsense like war between Germany and Russia ever again )

best

m
    Thanks. I too hope there'll be no war ever again. Frieden fuer immer!

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Newbee View Post
    I think version 0.4.8 has a bug. Right when you start LinX and choose max memory (or Max which ever one) the problem size drop box went down to 0 and then immediately error out once you hit start, second try around is okay, again this is only happen when you first start LinX. I'm running this on Vista ultimate x64, not a hugh problem considering I can manually choose the highest ram option(something like 35xx mb) instead of Max, thought I let you know. As always thanks for this awesome program!
    Thank you for the report. Just tried on WinXP, everything seems OK. I'll investigate this on Vista64 and fix it.
    MacBook Air 2012 13"
    Raspberry Pi 512

IT Engineer in the making
    OK, today I tried the program and it seems to be a tough nut to crack, when it comes to stability testing. I mean, I know it's "only" the frontend that was designed by you Dua|ist, but it's still a really nice tool to use. Didn't have any problems with it yet.

I'll have to back down my overclock in my silent system though. While prime95 is happily running along at 3.2GHz 1.325V on this Xeon 3050, Linpack errors out after not even 2 hours. And I'm after complete stability (as far as this is possible) with this sys, as it'll be my allday multimedia rig. Anyway, thx again. Will continue to use this tool for sure.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast