Thread: Any thoughts on these Quick disconnects

Xtreme Member

Any thoughts on these Quick disconnects

Had not seen these before (only compression types)? Looks like it would make vid card changes much easier? Would be using 7/16" tubing. Would look like you would have to keep tension on the block barb when disconnecting so it would not loosen barb during twisting??

QDC (High Flow) Shutoff Nozzle, Male Panel Barb [13mm, 1/2"](VL3-M13B-P) QDC (High Flow) Shutoff Nozzle, Female Threaded G 1/4(VL3-FG)

https://www.koolance.com/water-cooli...product_id=619
    https://www.koolance.com/water-cooli...product_id=708
    Last edited by dogin; 09-15-2008 at 05:27 AM.
    [B]E8600@4.4GHz, Asus Maximus Formula, 4gigs Dominator 8500, Asus 4870X2, Extreme Gamer, Dual Raid veloci Raptors, PCP&C 1.2KW. Vista 64 (Dual loop system in CM Stacker with stand cooler box)
    /B]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The Colder NS6 or HFC12 series are the least restrictive quick disconnects out there.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks to both of you. Do your comments on restriction apply to these new high flow 1/2" V3 models too??? ps thanks for the links

Last edited by dogin; 09-15-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    [B]E8600@4.4GHz, Asus Maximus Formula, 4gigs Dominator 8500, Asus 4870X2, Extreme Gamer, Dual Raid veloci Raptors, PCP&C 1.2KW. Vista 64 (Dual loop system in CM Stacker with stand cooler box)
    /B]

Xtreme Member
    Any thoughs on above relative to the flow graph??
    /B]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dogin View Post
    Any thoughs on above relative to the flow graph??
    Ideally you'll be getting around 5 to 6+ liters/min (1.3 to 1.6 gpm) so you're looking at a pressure drop of around 1 psi at that rate. Comparing that to something like Martin's D-Tek flow chart, you can get an idea of what you're dealing with, per disconnect.

Last edited by hotdun; 09-15-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Hotdun, Looks like these Koolances are about three times less restrictive than the older ones but still per the chart would not be the best possible solution. I tried to use the flow estimater configuration chart in the sticky, but it did not provide what I needed. I must have missed the one you provided. Have you got your rad box together yet???Have you got pics and what disconnects and tubing size did you end up with?
    /B]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My radbox is underway....very slow progression but underway.... I ended up going with the CNC NS6 disconnects with 7/16" tubing. On my existing system they are working great and I've noticed no changes in performance but I don't have a flow meter. I have three of them on the same loop too. Their quality is second to none and there is absolutely no liquid when connecting/disconnecting. No air that gets in either, awesome.....

Xtreme Member
    how much did they set you back and where did you get them?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    how much did they set you back and where did you get them?
    Too much but, they're great. I got them here.

Xtreme Member
    I can vouch for the Colder's. I don't use them inline to my loop, but I have one in a t-line for my drain. Just plug the other end in with a tube leading to my bucket, and its a quick evacuation!

Chasing After Diety
    if your running dual loops the QD on the gpu loop is a great idea. I dont think i can ever go back.

If the QD is for your cpu loop, ditch them. There too restrictive for something that important.

Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdun View Post
    The Colder NS6 or HFC12 series are the least restrictive quick disconnects out there.
    They are really ugly though, not something I'd want in my PC personally.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

It would be really nice if someone like BP put out some really high quality quick disconnects designed specifically for water cooling. It strikes me as a component that would have many good uses if only available in a form that was both functional (low restriction) and attractive.

Chasing After Diety
    problem with QD's tho.

you want low restriction, its gonna be big bulky and ugly.

The eternal bling vs performance debate. :\

Gpu i run loaded 40C on my HD4870X2, which makes me very happy compared to 83C it was on stock cooling.
    So the QD's say because there more of a comfort then a hinderance.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    It would be really nice if someone like BP put out some really high quality quick disconnects designed specifically for water cooling. It strikes me as a component that would have many good uses if only available in a form that was both functional (low restriction) and attractive.
    Yeah that would be nice...

I'd personally like to see simple ball valves made for the wc market. Ball valved pci passthrough brackets, etcetera. Ball valves are much less restrictive than QC's.. but they're much larger. I also think they're more attractive (being made of metal, and having that industrial feel to them).

In a previous post, someone said these colder QC's are unattractive... but colder makes some good looking metal ones.

http://www.colder.com/Products/Metal...5/Default.aspx

the RPN series is especially nice looking.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by gxavier View Post

I'd personally like to see simple ball valves made for the wc market. Ball valved pci passthrough brackets, etcetera. Ball valves are much less restrictive than QC's.. but they're much larger. I also think they're more attractive (being made of metal, and having that industrial feel to them).
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3612

I am almost tempted to use those.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gxavier View Post

In a previous post, someone said these colder QC's are unattractive... but colder makes some good looking metal ones.

http://www.colder.com/Products/Metal...5/Default.aspx

the RPN series is especially nice looking.
    I agree, there need to be some better QD choices out there. I love the look of the metal Colder QD's but the nominal flow is way too restrictive.....

Xtreme Member
    sorry about the thread resurection but just as a clarification for one complete QD i would need this and this ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    sorry about the thread resurection but just as a clarification for one complete QD i would need this and this ?
    Yep, that's the right combo.