Thread: Upgrade questions

Upgrade questions

Hello all,
    I just joined this forum and upgraded my WCsystem from a thermaltake big water SE to a laing D5 pump, PA120.3, D-TEK fusion V2 block and an Swiftech micro res.

The system is a P5N32-E sli with an E6750@3.4 4gig Geil Blakdragon DDR2 PC6400.
    and a Asus 8800GTS (stock)

Now i want to WC my NB and SB and 8800GTS with EK waterblocks.
    Do the NB/SB blocks have alot of restiction??
    And is it possible to do this with one loop ??

gtz

Xtreme Cruncher
    Given that you are using a D5 pump and a Fuzion V2 CPU cooler you shouldn't have any restriction issues w/ putting a NB cooler in the mix. As for the video card, I am not too sure if you'd want that in the same loop with your processor and NB chip using only PA 120.3. Its more than likely enough seeing how you are only using a dual core and its not clocked very high. I can't speak of how restrictive EK blocks are for video cards and how that might hinder your flow though. As for cooling the SB, just throw on a Enzotech Forged Low Profile Copper Northbridge Heatsink and call it a day. Given the impact another block would have on your flow and the little benefit you'd receive from cooling the SB, I don't think it would be worth it.
    Last edited by TouGe; 09-15-2008 at 05:32 AM.
    QX 9650 | Maximus II Formula | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2 8500 | Sapphire 4850 X2 2GB| Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | 3x's WD 150GB Raptors & 2x's 1TB Seagate 7200.11 | Silverstone OP1200 | SilverStone TJ07 | Dell 2707WFP

EK-RES 250 --> Swiftech MCP655 --> Apogee GTZ --> Enzotech Sapphire NB --> Feser X-Changer 360

Xtreme Addict
    Should be fine... I have a Dtk Fus v1, and cooling an 8800gts 512. The GTS512, when heavily overclocked doesnt go over 36C.

Well thanks for the replies,
    @ TouGE:
    The NB and SB are really hot heads on these (P5N32-E sli) MoBo's and i already have a fan on the NB and it is
    still between warm and hot.
    And the small fans are noise makers.
    So i just give it a try and see where it will end.