Thread: iphone 2.1 update released

iphone 2.1 update released

as you may or may not be aware the iphone 2.1 update was released a few days ago. Unlike previous updates who's fixes were dubious at best, this latest update brings major change.

www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

Note: this post was written on an iPhone 3g 2.1

UPDATE: After some brief testing I can safely say that the 3G signal has improved dramatically. In my apartment I used to get 2 or 3 bars of 3G at best, and now I get full signal throughout the apartment. 3G speed improved from 200-600 kbits (in the house) to 1.2 to 1.4 megabit. Quite a huge leap if you ask me. Typing speed in greatly improved, with zero lag now. The apps store loads incredibly fast on 3G and wifi with almost no startup lag like before. Apps now install incredibly fast and safari seems to work faster as well.
    Last edited by MaxxxRacer; 09-14-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    as you may or may not be aware the iphone 2.1 update was released a few days ago. Unlike previous updates who's fixes were dubious at best, this latest update brings major change.

www.apple.com/iPhone/softwareupdate

Note: this post was written on an iPhone 3g 2.1
    Hmm, the page you’re looking for can’t be found.

Meant to only be accessed on the iPhone?
    --Intel i5 3570k 4.4ghz (stock volts) - Corsair H100 - 6970 UL XFX 2GB - - Asrock Z77 Professional - 16GB Gskill 1866mhz - 2x90GB Agility 3 - WD640GB - 2xWD320GB - 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4 - Audigy-- --NZXT Phantom - Samsung SATA DVD--(old systems Intel E8400 Wolfdale/Asus P45, AMD965BEC3 790X, Antec 180, Sapphire 4870 X2 (dead twice))

LOL, apparently caps maters to apple. I had to remove the caps on the "p" in iPhone in the web adress. The irony of it is, the iPhone autocorrects "iphone" to "iPhone" when you type.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL, apparently caps maters to apple. I had to remove the caps on the "p" in iPhone in the web adress. The irony of it is, the iPhone autocorrects "iphone" to "iPhone" when you type.
    lol, that is reallly strange.
    --Intel i5 3570k 4.4ghz (stock volts) - Corsair H100 - 6970 UL XFX 2GB - - Asrock Z77 Professional - 16GB Gskill 1866mhz - 2x90GB Agility 3 - WD640GB - 2xWD320GB - 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4 - Audigy-- --NZXT Phantom - Samsung SATA DVD--(old systems Intel E8400 Wolfdale/Asus P45, AMD965BEC3 790X, Antec 180, Sapphire 4870 X2 (dead twice))

Xtreme Cruncher
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

ya.... I've thought about jailbreaking but with the app store there really isn't much need. I've looked through lists of homebrew apps and wasn't that impressed. Buy hey, if something comes out that is really awesome or they make it so that I can add music from any computer to my iPhone, I will jaillbreak in a heartbeat.

Xtreme Gamer
    I'm enjoying the non-crashing apps and battery. Hell This is such a good update I think my white iphone got a little more shiny.

Does anyone know when the "Background Multitasking" update supposed to happen?

Xtreme Member
    yay! i'm updating my 3G right now! I'm excited!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yaddam205 View Post
    Does anyone know when the "Background Multitasking" update supposed to happen?
    what do you mean by this??

Here to help
    2.1 works really well on the 3g iphone. If anyone has palringo on their iphone I have set up a group.

Group name xtremesystems

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

I am Xtreme
    I could have sworn the update said 2.2?

Anyway I removed Mobile Me and a few other apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Quote Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
    2.1 works really well on the 3g iphone. If anyone has palringo on their iphone I have set up a group.

Group name xtremesystems

Regards

John.
    Nice chatting with you on Palringo. Its a cool chatting app, but I IM realy wont work until we get background IM Push enabled from Apple.

I am Xtreme
    Haha, and it corrects iTunes, iPod, etc. It also corrects at&t to AT&T
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550