View Poll Results: Do you want us to add Creative Xi-Fi on future boards?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah!

28 50.91%
  • sure, why not

12 21.82%
  • dont care really... :P

4 7.27%
  • nooOoOOOOooOo

11 20.00%

Thread: QuantumForce goes Creative Xi-Fi

Threaded View

Xtreme X.I.P.

QuantumForce goes Creative Xi-Fi

Hey Guys,

We were thinking of using Creative Xi-Fi for future boards and i figured id give you guys a headsup and check what you think.
    yay or nay?

EDIT: latest update
    I discussed your comments and feedback with the team and we decided to go for the software solution!
    Our sonar card is pretty damn good, and there really isnt much sense in dropping it for an old creative chip that is about the same or inferior to our sonar card while costing a bunch more.

now what does this software solution mean?
    • We will use the same add-in SONAR soundcard as on the blackops and avenger, its very low profile/short and will not occupy a pciE x1 slot!
    • We will use a slightly updated codec from realtek, the latest one, which supports more features (Dolby DTS etc) and is a tad more powerful.
    • We will offer you a driver that enables CMSS 3D, EAX 4.0 and other creative Xi-fi features
    • We will offer you a SONAR2 sound driver based on the realtek driver, for those of you who dont want to install a creative driver

So basically nothing really changes, we will provide you guys with a better audio hardware solution, the Sonar2, and we will offer you an optional upgrade to get CMSS 3D, EAX 4.0 and other Creative XiFi features via a special driver. For free!

This solution is a very nice compromise between added cost and added features imo, as the added costs are very small, the added features are entirely optional, and for those who want them, are very useful and appreciated

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by saaya; 09-21-2008 at 05:31 PM.