Thread: Thermaltake previews silent Fanless 330 VGA cooler

Xtreme Addict

Thermaltake previews silent Fanless 330 VGA cooler

Virtually-silent graphics cards are proving to be increasingly popular and Thermaltake says it has a new fanless cooler that'll take "your gaming experience to a whole new exciting level".

The monstrous cooler, dubbed the Fanless 330, offers three separate heat-dissipating modules, four copper heatpipes, and more fins than we're willing to count.

Unfortunately, Thermaltake only goes as far as to tell us that the cooler is "specially designed to solve the noise problem that all extreme PC gamers have been suffering" - there's no actual mention of how efficient it is, so we've no idea what the Fanless 330 can cool. We reckon it'd be able to keep cool a Radeon HD 4850, but anything beyond that might be wishful thinking.

There are a few items of consideration, though. The Fanless 330 isn't exactly small and SLI or CrossFire users may run into problems. Similarly, the copper heatpipes run over the top of your graphics card ruling out usage in low-profile HTPC chassis.
    There is also a sneak glimpse of their new CPU cooler

Source: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=15415
    Note: There are two Youtube videos in the Hexus link.
    Last edited by LuckyNV; 09-11-2008 at 03:05 AM.
    i5-750 w/ Thermalright Ultra120X
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    2x2GB G.skill Cas7 1600MHz
    Sapphire HD6870
    Western Digital 640GB.AAKS
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (dead, using onboard -.-)
    LG W2286L

Xtreme Guru
    There are a few things that should be mentioned:

First of all the Arctic Cooling S-series coolers are so good at cooling passively because their fins are LARGE and spaced further apart. Not only does this increase surface area for heat dissipation but it also allows slow-moving air to properly flow between the fins.

This Thermaltake cooler on the other hand uses many smaller fins which are in my opinion far too close together to promote acceptable passive cooling and to make matters worse, the lower fins aren't even straight. This means that normal case airflow will fail to cool them off properly.

Looking at the design I am predicting this thing fails miserably when it comes to passive cooling of anything above a 9600GT while offering acceptable but not spectacular cooling with an 80mm or 92mm fan installed.

Xtreme Addict
    It is Tt after all, what about the CPU cooler, 80mm and the fin design means a dust cleaning hell. lol
    i5-750 w/ Thermalright Ultra120X
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    2x2GB G.skill Cas7 1600MHz
    Sapphire HD6870
    Western Digital 640GB.AAKS
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (dead, using onboard -.-)
    LG W2286L

Xtreme Addict
    Tt is not synonymous with quality. How they have managed to survive so long eludes my understanding.

The cooler looks interesting .. though. Without the LEDs and those shark's teeth fins it might even be worth benching.

As for silent operation .. I'm doubtful because now it's not only the core that makes massive amounts of heat, it is the VRM's as well...
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

Life's Replay
    Thermaltake has the right idea. What's better than one massively huge cooler on top of the card? Another one stuck to the bottom. If it'll work is another thing.

I like the idea of the CPU cooler, cooler in the middle blowing outwards in all directions ftw.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Mentor
    this is just because they're too cheap in include fans

they could just say fans not included.

Xtreme Addict
    Visually it's closer to Thermalright than to Thermaltake...
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Banned
    @SKYMTL

Yeah I was pretty much thinking the same thing albeit in a less well written manor