Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Non-TC 120.3?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ownage View Post
    HWlabs Black ICE!

for crapage. Still the worst design on the market, dressing it up in a bigger suit doesn't change a single thing.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Horrors... in a "Stealth" design? Horrors...

Where is the 90 mm thick assed radiator? That's the good stuff! Forget the Stealth design. Super skinny 31 mm radiators are crappola.
    Last edited by IanY; 09-11-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the TFC 140x90 isn't out yet but that is gonna be HAWT! ESPECIALLY if it comes in 480!!! Ooo the cooling goodness of it would be amazing ^^
    Sub-Silentio: Stable 3.83Ghz:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz ....... | Lian Li V2010 ........... | DDC3.2 w/ XSPC Top ... | Bios .. 1104 |
    | EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1024MB ........... | Zalman ZM1000-HP ........ | TFC 480 .............. | Vcpu . 1.36V |
    | Asus Striker II Extreme nForce 790i ... | Razer Lachesis .......... | Zalman ZM-F3 ......... | V nb . 1.50V |
    | Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR-1600 7-7-7-20 .... | Razer Lycosa ............ | D-Tek Fuzion V2 ...... | V sb . 1.50V |
    | WD 300GB Velociraptor ................. | Hyundai W240D-PVA 24" ... | EK-FC280 ............. | Vmem . 1.90V |
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All suggestions welcome - Overclocking tips here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...d.php?t=208522

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    Horrors... in a "Stealth" design? Horrors...

Where is the 90 mm thick assed radiator? That's the good stuff! Forget the Stealth design. Super skinny 31 mm radiators are crappola.
    Agreed, need more meat around the bones

Xtreme Addict
    ya know... as much as i am curious to see the 140mm radiators... i'm thinking it reminds me of all thems soccer moms driving Suburbans and Range Rovers... and seeing them trying to maneuver that in a cramped parking lot of a supermarket on a sunday is just priceless...

is there really a need for such a huge radiator?...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    To manage with higher heat dumps? Of course?
    Sub-Silentio: Stable 3.83Ghz:
    | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz ....... | Lian Li V2010 ........... | DDC3.2 w/ XSPC Top ... | Bios .. 1104 |
    | EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1024MB ........... | Zalman ZM1000-HP ........ | TFC 480 .............. | Vcpu . 1.36V |
    | Asus Striker II Extreme nForce 790i ... | Razer Lachesis .......... | Zalman ZM-F3 ......... | V nb . 1.50V |
    | Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR-1600 7-7-7-20 .... | Razer Lycosa ............ | D-Tek Fuzion V2 ...... | V sb . 1.50V |
    | WD 300GB Velociraptor ................. | Hyundai W240D-PVA 24" ... | EK-FC280 ............. | Vmem . 1.90V |
    All suggestions welcome - Overclocking tips here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...d.php?t=208522

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ownage View Post
    HWlabs Black ICE!
    those are only 31mm thick though, so far less material than the GTX 360 which is a bit more than 50mm thick and the selection of 140mm fans is not really great.

not really, a 120x3 fits easily in a case, but any bigger and you usually run into trouble, I'd rather go with multiple rads instead of something bigger than 120x3.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    those are only 31mm thick though, so far less material than the GTX 360 which is a bit more than 50mm thick and the selection of 140mm fans is not really great.
    Yeah i know, i was only showing them to let know they exist, as apparently not everyone knew they existed. I'm using a HWlabs 240 stealth rad, 29mm, and damn those thin rads suck a$$. I would never recommend one, not even to my worst enemy.

Xtreme Addict
    Go with the MCR320. PA series is a waste when you can get 3 MCR320 for the price of 1 and Martins testing shows the difference in performance is barely there.
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    not really, a 120x3 fits easily in a case, but any bigger and you usually run into trouble, I'd rather go with multiple rads instead of something bigger than 120x3.
    I think it makes sense to go 140. You add a lot of surface area without adding much length. A 140.3 would only be ~6cm longer than a 120.3, but would have roughly 36% more surface area. Looking at my Lian Li, it's obvious that I have lots of width to spare, but not much length.

Xtreme Addict
    How about XSPC rads?

Anyway, like ppl already said, use the middle holes and it should be secure enough, it's not like the rad weighs 66 lbs (30 kilos) or so, now does it?
    You could just screw the fans to the case top with the already drilled holes... the 1st and 3rd fan would be a bit off, like 10mm each but since there's radiator surface it shouldn't matter anyway
    lol... This forum requires that you wait 70 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.
    *phone rings*
    Friend: Do you have a spare PSU lying around?
    Me: No why?
    Friend: My PSU just blew up, I think the second 8800GTX might have been too much for it to handle
    Me: what PSU was that again?
    Friend: Antec 480w
    Me:........

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer411 View Post
    Go with the MCR320. PA series is a waste when you can get 3 MCR320 for the price of 1 and Martins testing shows the difference in performance is barely there.
    Even with a 600-700 watt heat dump?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathWalking View Post
    Even with a 600-700 watt heat dump?
    Even with a 600-700W heat dump the difference seems to be less than 1C for fan speeds that would be sane at that heat load. You can read the review yourself on Martin's site. With a 600-700W heat dump you should probably have multiple rads anyway, making the lower priced MCR's even more attractive.

ya know... as much as i am curious to see the 140mm radiators... i'm thinking it reminds me of all thems soccer moms driving Suburbans and Range Rovers... and seeing them trying to maneuver that in a cramped parking lot of a supermarket on a sunday is just priceless..
    As opposed to [I apologize] somewhere in Queens or Jersey, where some [I'm terribly sorry] long haired punk [apologize profusely] Chinese or Korean kid in a [so sorry] much smaller pimped up Acura TSX or Civic or Inifinti G35 or Altima or Solara [again, I apologize] with a 5 foot high wing and wheels twice the size of their wheel wells and remaining suspension travel of 1/4 inch

taking up two parking spaces intentionally in front of the supermarket door, even though the parking lot is capacious, but they are too lazy to walk an extra 50 feet... all because they don't want anyone parked close by in case their precious lime green or lavender purple pimp mobiles get scratched ?

Gimme the H1 of radiators anyday

Soccer mom FTW !
    Last edited by IanY; 09-11-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Banned
    hmm somebody send that kid here in Divisoria, we'll see how long his car last without getting scratched up...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    As opposed to [I apologize] somewhere in Queens or Jersey, where some [I'm terribly sorry] long haired punk [apologize profusely] Chinese or Korean kid in a [so sorry] much smaller pimped up Acura TSX or Civic or Inifinti G35 or Altima or Solara [again, I apologize] with a 5 foot high wing and wheels twice the size of their wheel wells and remaining suspension travel of 1/4 inch

taking up two parking spaces intentionally in front of the supermarket door, even though the parking lot is capacious, but they are too lazy to walk an extra 50 feet... all because they don't want anyone parked close by in case their precious lime green or lavender purple pimp mobiles get scratched ?

Gimme the H1 of radiators anyday

Soccer mom FTW !
    what's this? IanY being "sensitive"?

ha ha ha... i live in upper bergen... i drive a semi-rare car of my dreams... i get tons of "idiotic asian kids" pulling up next to me itching for some kind of response from me... we have tons of them where i live...

no need to apologize... just need to move over the lane a notch and let me pull up next to you so we can level those tin can "fast and the furious" wanna be cars...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12