Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for new camera...

Feature wise there isn't a huge difference. The Nikon would give you acces to Nikon's CLS (Creative Lighting System) and wireless flash units. The 40D would give you better high ISO quality and a higher burst frame rate. Bang for the buck the D80 is almost impossible to beat by anything on the market.

Which version of the 18-55 is it? If it is the VR version, it's actually a really sharp lens. Yeah its cheaply built but you have to understand why it exists in the lineup. People don't give its optics enough credit and they discount it because of the low price. Yeah it won't AF as fast as the pro stuff, and it isn't very fast aperture wise either but those things you really do have to pay for.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'd figure it's better than to make a new one.

I now have a chance to purchase a used Canon XTi 18-55mm kit with a battery grip for $525. The owner said it has around 1500 actuations, since it was his secondary camera. What do you guys think about that deal?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123