Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPORE Released 5 Days Early In Australia - Already cracked

Xtreme Enthusiast

SPORE Released 5 Days Early In Australia - Already cracked

"Several sites are reporting that the much anticipated SPORE has been released 5 days ahead of the scheduled release date in Australia. I can confirm that SPORE is sitting on shelves in retailers and for the tidy sum of A$95.95 it can be yours. Why the early release exactly seems to be a matter of contention. No news if the game can actually be played yet or if the lucky early punters will still have to wait till the official release when EA allows for any validation process to occur. I guess EA could possibly be using the relatively small population to test the servers...or someone somewhere stuffed up!"
    http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/09/02/131203.shtml

Also, it is already cracked and saturating ISPs worldwide...

Xtreme Addict

lol

Its not even zero day anymore, its negative numbers now... its cracked before its released lol.
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Xtreme Addict
    owned
    FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
    Cruncher Support:
    Utnorris
    DarthBeavis
    DEFRANCO NATION

E6600- Asus striker Extreme-2 x 750gb- Igloo 5710- 8800gt- antec 850w Quatro- 4gb DDR2 800- Antec 1200- 24/7 cruncher

**Wishes for a dual- quad core cruncher **

Xtreme Member
    lotta hard work went in to that just to be cracked on release ....no wonder pc gaming is drying up..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragy2k View Post
    lotta hard work went in to that just to be cracked on release ....no wonder pc gaming is drying up..
    If it's a good game, people will buy it.
    THE MONSTERMAC
    Case: Apple G5
    CPU: Intel e6600 C2D @ 3.7Ghz ------- MOBO: EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR 680i SLI
    RAM: 2GB Micron D9 @ 1000MHz ------- Video: 8800 GTS 320 @ 575,900
    PSU: FSP 600w ------- HD's: Seagate 500GB SATA, Seagate 200GB IDE
    Cooling: MCP655, 3x120 Swiftech Quietpower, D-Tek Fuzion, Danger Den 680i chipset waterblock, 3x Yate Loon Silent 120mm Fans
    HEAT
    Troll Blacklist

Banned
    Bahaha take that EA. My god I loathe that company.

Creeping acquisitions are not cool.

LOL, it seems there's *NO MULTIPLAYER* ... so therefore it will be downloaded because there's no reason to buy the game (except to get useless downloaded creatures).
    Last edited by 0g1; 09-02-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    E8500 @ 4.3Ghz 1.4V on Water
    Gigabyte DQ6, 2GB OCZ DDR3 1333
    6*640GB WD RAID0, 9800GTX
    Antec1200, Corsair TX750

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryArtichoke View Post
    Besides, you can't compare the cracked version with a legitimate one. The game will be pretty shallow with only your creatures and the ~20 that comes in the box.
    It's the online component the actual soul of the game. Downloading endless user creations from EA servers (save for the S:banana::banana::banana::banana: ones, they will get filtered) and filling your universe with them.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by villa1n View Post
    Its not even zero day anymore, its negative numbers now... its cracked before its released lol.
    have you been living under a rock the last few years?

most if not all pc games get cracked befor they are released, hell they are even available on warez sites befor the official launch.
    Last edited by Hornet331; 09-02-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post

most if not all pc games get cracked befor they are released, hell they are even available on warez sites befor the oiffical launch.
    Never mind that Mercenaries 2 for Xbox was on the net for several days before release, while the PC version is still safely tucked waiting for its release..

The developers want people to believe that we're the only ones suffering from this, but that's so far from it. GTA IV for the Xbox was leaked as well, bet the PC version won't be.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryArtichoke View Post
    No, not really. People want free stuff. Unless the online is significantly better than the cracked, no one will care, and even then, people just don't want to pay. Anything, unless they have absolutely no choice whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard_thor View Post
    owned
    Yeah, those people that spent the last couple years working hard to get this game out got owned. Nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    i'm on the buying boat with this game.
    the ol lady really liked creature creator, and she really likes The Sims. and even played sim city back in the day.
    i'm sure she'll love this for her birthday.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    No, not really. People want free stuff. Unless the online is significantly better than the cracked, no one will care, and even then, people just don't want to pay. Anything, unless they have absolutely no choice whatsoever.
    If the game is good it will be purchased by honest individuals. You cannot count people that wouldn't normally buy the game as lost sales either. A lot of honest consumers will download the game to preview it and then if they like the game and want to play online they'll purchase a copy.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post

most if not all pc games get cracked befor they are released, hell they are even available on warez sites befor the official launch.
    more a comment on the lack of relevance the term ZeroDay has anymore.
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    If the game is good it will be purchased by honest individuals.
    Yes, I know. But the dishonest individuals far outnumber the honest ones when the offer of free software is made without any fear of consequences.

You cannot count people that wouldn't normally buy the game as lost sales either.
    Ok, so? I don't count my grandparents, my dad, my brother's 2 year old kid, etc. But anyone torrenting the game is most likely one of the people that very well might have purchased it if the torrent option wasn't available.

A lot of honest consumers will download the game to preview it and then if they like the game and want to play online they'll purchase a copy.
    And a lot MORE will torrent it and never buy squat, especially if the torrent version offers the full features of the game (I don't know if that is the case with Spore or not).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i saw it on 2 trackers today, and it was commented on an upload "thx for using secure rom easy crack" or something to that effect

i dont see the point without online the game is useless, and its not something worth $40 IMO maybe $20 but affter a week or 2 who would care, but i dont want it so others may think more of it beyond being a cool concept
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i saw it on 2 trackers today, and it was commented on an upload "thx for using secure rom easy crack" or something to that effect

i dont see the point without online the game is useless, and its not something worth $40 IMO maybe $20 but affter a week or 2 who would care, but i dont want it so others may think more of it beyond being a cool concept
    If Spore is primarily online, that will go a long way to preventing this type of theft.

I'm surprised any games are made for the PC at all anymore that aren't on-line only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Yes, I know. But the dishonest individuals far outnumber the honest ones when the offer of free software is made without any fear of consequences.

Ok, so? I don't count my grandparents, my dad, my brother's 2 year old kid, etc. But anyone torrenting the game is most likely one of the people that very well might have purchased it if the torrent option wasn't available.

And a lot MORE will torrent it and never buy squat, especially if the torrent version offers the full features of the game (I don't know if that is the case with Spore or not).
    Spore is an online interactive game, the single-player disconnected version isn't nearly as fun as the entire concept. Trying to counter piracy is always doomed to fail when you give the consumer the media and let them probe it. Better to offer a game with an online component that is indispensable or make the game solely online. Team Fortress 2 and WoW are great examples, both very successful, not easily pirated, and have healthy communities. I think Spore will be successful only if the re playability is there. I'll have a better opinion of the game once it launches but it looks positive now with the amount of hype it's received.

Xtreme Guru
    This game is LAME, who is bored enough to make some stupid looking creature in a colorful world that looks like a 5 year old painted with crayons, this game blows IMO

SLC
    I am on the buying boat for this one... Once in a few years. I'll be seriously pissed if they filter all the "s:banana::banana::banana::banana:" creatures. There should be an option... I for one, would find it friggin hilarious to hunt down a bunch of penises rofl.

I am Xtreme
    depends, crysis was also leaked and cracked over a week before release and still sold more then 1 million copies till now.

anyways, my copy should be shiped tomorrow, but i guess i wont get it for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    This game is LAME, who is bored enough to make some stupid looking creature in a colorful world that looks like a 5 year old painted with crayons, this game blows IMO
    then move along, no one forces you to buy or play it.

whats so special with this game , played for 5 min and delete it
    its for age <10 years or super bored ppl
    CPU E8400 WITH ZALMAN 9700LED
    ASUS STRIKER II FORMULA
    OCZ REAPER 1066 2X2
    9600GT SLI
    PCPOWER&COOLING 610 WATT
    ANTEC 900
    HANNS.G 28INCH LCD WITH 3MS AND 1920X1200RES

c[_]
    Boring game, deserves what it gets.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Spore is an online interactive game, the single-player disconnected version isn't nearly as fun as the entire concept. Trying to counter piracy is always doomed to fail when you give the consumer the media and let them probe it. Better to offer a game with an online component that is indispensable or make the game solely online. Team Fortress 2 and WoW are great examples, both very successful, not easily pirated, and have healthy communities. I think Spore will be successful only if the re playability is there. I'll have a better opinion of the game once it launches but it looks positive now with the amount of hype it's received.
    i hate that model for something like an action or adventure game, on tf2 that also has portal and hl2 and its expansions (or had) and making those online would be strange. im going to get POP when its out but i cant see using it affter i beat it unless there is a lvl designer
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast