Thread: Wireless Video adapter

Da Goose

Wireless Video adapter

I wish to transmit movies from my home PC to my Plasma HDTV...Is there a high quality Wireless DVI adapter made to do this? I have a very fast Wireless network and a new model GPU (8800GT)

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

I am Xtreme
    no there is no such thing. you can't do wireless video like what your talking about.

the only option you have is a media server or media extender sittin out with your TV so you can stream movies to your TV from the PC,
    but there is no way to use your PC on the plasma with the way that you described.
    it has to be wires from the media converter to the TV.
    it can be wireless from your PC to the media extender or media server.
    but typically this is not a good idea if trying to do high definition.
    the bitrate of HD is typically so high that wireless can't handle it.
    802.11n shouldnt have a problem depending on the bitrate of the video, but that again depends on alot of environmental variables.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Actually someone made or is making (I don't know if its available yet) something that does what you are asking, so Lestat isn't exactly right.

I wish I could remember where I read about it.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    Actually someone made or is making (I don't know if its available yet) something that does what you are asking, so Lestat isn't exactly right.

I wish I could remember where I read about it.
    if that is true then it will be the first device ever, and would be worth a mint, literally, the price they could charge for it because the market has been screaming for such a device, is just crazy.

the applications for such a device are endless. although i would be skeptical of its quality.

ah ha! here we go

http://gizmodo.com/339838/belkin-fly...-across-nothin
    its belkin so take their quality and "working devices" with a grain of salt until we see reviews of it saying its actually working.

quote per the belkin site
    FlyWire R1 (AV69000) - US: $699.99 introductory price
    yeah have fun not selling those to the masses boys...... introductory price, meaning the version that does 1080p is probably twice that.
    remember me saying the price would be insane.... well 699,, thats pretty insane
    they also dont talk about what the device is that you have to hook to your TV to receive the signal. or how big it is.
    Last edited by Lestat; 09-19-2008 at 12:53 AM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback