Thread: The Banana Collector ( Starring: Bill and some sucky E8600s )

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Angry The Banana Collector ( Starring: Bill and some sucky E8600s )

Let me start by saying that this could've been a nice comedy ( movie ) easily.
    Rated over 18 of course ( check the devilish AquaMark score ) due to lots of swearing, violence, and sucking ( LN2 sucking I mean )

I'm still laughing... don't know why and at what I should laugh at but... it's funny.
    My collection of bad luck... just priceless, epic!

I tested two of my recently purchased E8600's ( Q822A4xx ) with Liquid Nitrogen.
    I've tried these two on the P5Q3 Deluxe but I had some issues ( looks like a faulty board ), so I had to rely on/use my P5E64 WS Evolution X48 motherboard.
    That didn't help much, as my max stable FSB on air was 620MHz and that was only SuperPi 1M and AquaMark 3 stable.
    My fully stable FSB was 610MHz.
    So be it, I decided to get the small LN2 dewar filled to play a bit with those two today.

Well... start laughing:

CPU #1 maxed out at 5580MHz at... 1.947V
    Cold-boot at -96C, cold-bug at -112C.
    Epic fail #1.

CPU #2 was kinda better.
    Cold-boot at -102C, cold-bug at -124C.
    Maxed out ( SuperPi 1M ) at... laugh... 5833MHz at 1.921V
    Fully stable at 5700MHz at 1.914V.
    For 5.4GHz AquaMark 3 I had to use 1.84V!

I only played with a single GTX 280 on stock cooling + stock volts, and tried to keep my card's clocks low to make sure she's not the one to blame

Some scores from today's session:

^ Don't laugh, not optimized OS & run ( not even LSC [ Large System Cache ] tweak )

102990 3D Mark2001SE - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9410594

68248 3D Mark03 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=5922399

33169 3D Mark05 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=4451406

Might upload some videos later on to show you my latest counter-measure for my bad-luck and to cheer me up during overclocking
    Last edited by BenchZowner; 08-26-2008 at 12:26 AM.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Administrator
    You know we like Videos !!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah too bad , That those E8600 are bad clocker , No prob this the main reason why ebay exist
    2600K working in 4.8 GHZ so far

2600k @(4600 Ghz) 1.42v : (under water)
    Asus B2 mobo
    4 GiG DDR 2400 MHZ
    GTX 570 @ 1.063v ( 910/1820/2001 Mhz) .(under water).
    1020 W PSU

Hobie's : Overclocking .... Overclocking .... Overclocking

Back from the Dead
    What, you thrashed them with a Sledgehammer?
    I once did that to an Asus board, makes for a great anger management therapy

Seriously dude, sorry you got inferior CPUs. Even though I still haven't yet acclimated to the 6Ghz+ everyone's pulling with those E0 step CPUs, so your scores still look kinda ok to me
    Last edited by jcool; 08-25-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

-100c Club
    On every gem E8600 you see doing 6.3GHz comes at least 50 mediocre chips. Tough luck there bro, sell them ASAP

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Oh noez...somebody forgot the camera at "EP" and during the bench the lighting conditions changed, and the video from a point and on is dark

Two E8600's to the... Vtt - Vpll and Vcore testing thread rigs count = 9 from tomorrow

Next batch test soon.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    bill u have the wurst hands ever i see .
    J/K bro u will find a good one

Xtreme Addict
    Wow, Bill my friend, I'm sorry for your banana CPUs again I mean, what's up with that ? Maybe it's your golden Cellshock kit ... You gotta sell it, it's probably the source of bad luck ... j/k bro, you 'll find a good one soon
    And good luck to all your future overclocking attempts

Xtreme Member
    I didnt know they ever made a Q807 batch 8600? sure ya got your stepping right?
    Win7 64 Ultimate
    i7 930 - 4200mhz 24/7 - Dtek v2
    ASUS P6X58D-E
    2 x MSI 6970's xfire
    3 x 2gb G-Skill 2000mhz
    Samsung 27" LCD
    SilverStone ZM1200w psu
    2 x 300gb WD Velociraptors Raid 0, 4TB storage
    PS3-used mostly for bluray and media server

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I didnt know they ever made a Q807 batch 8600? sure ya got your stepping right?
    Edited.
    I f* up, Q807 was the batch of my E8500's, the E8600's are Q822A4xx ( have some 435s, 438s, and 450s ).

Off to shop 100 E8600's from a local shop

Xtreme Guru
    dont worry about the bananachips i recently bought 2 E8500 both of them had a cold bug around -85c hahahaa try running 1 of those under a 2 stage cascade was just not happening too bad since they both were really nice clockers with air but sucked under subzero temps
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Champion
    Hey Bill ... Wish me luck cause tomorrow i'm going to buy my first E8600 !

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Don't worry Stelios,
    If you go to the same store ( the one I buyed my CPUs ) then you'll definitely get a decent one.
    As you can clearly see, I've picked up all the bananas

Admin
    Time to start a club for guys with crap luck with chips. I dunno which one deserves top honors, your nightmare, or me having tried 8 Yorkfields with none of them breaking 5.5 ever. (The latest one did a whopping 5350)

The funny thing is about a month ago most would be happy to hit the speeds you just got. Though I'll agree, that's pretty crazy bad what you got there.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Time to start a club for guys with crap luck with chips. I dunno which one deserves top honors, your nightmare, or me having tried 8 Yorkfields with none of them breaking 5.5 ever. (The latest one did a whopping 5350)

The funny thing is about a month ago most would be happy to hit the speeds you just got. Though I'll agree, that's pretty crazy bad what you got there.
    Good try.
    How about a total of 10 QX9650's, with none of them going over 5.4GHz benchable ? ( actually, my best with a QX9650 is 5403MHz AquaMark 3 + SuperPi 1M ) [ my best fully stable with the QX9650's is... 5302MHz ]

How 'bout the 4.8GHz tops X6800 ?

Perhaps we should go together and shop some CPUs, and then let some people buy some decent chips

Admin
    Looking at your "low" air card clocks though I think you have some things to be thankful for!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Well...I have some good parts... but I didn't leave those to Ms Luck
    Ms Luck is avoiding me all the time...

Master of nebulah frost
    You must to go to Lourdes
    Battlefield 3: Nachthymnen666

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Holy cow Damn some of us got lucky. Thanks for being the guy to pick up all the dead chips before we show up I'm sure you'll find a 6GHz chip in the mix.